Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
May 20, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #316 of 5,414
The only other niggle I have...while I'm on my "rant",
tongue.gif
...is that the remote is very slippery and I wish the bottom corners were rounded-off...they are a bit sharp where the corners rest in the palm of your hand. The perimeter of the top edge is quite sharp as well...it would be nice to see a slight bevel along the top edge, similar to the iPhone 5/5s.

Well, you can always use the iPhone 5S with the OPPO HA-1 Bluetooth Remote Control app

May 20, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #317 of 5,414
The only other niggle I have...while I'm on my "rant", :p ...is that the remote is very slippery and I wish the bottom corners were rounded-off...they are a bit sharp where the corners rest in the palm of your hand. The perimeter of the top edge is quite sharp as well...it would be nice to see a slight bevel along the top edge, similar to the iPhone 5/5s.

Well, you can always use the iPhone 5S with the OPPO HA-1 Bluetooth Remote Control app

Very true. However, I do not have an iPhone. So there's that. :wink:

Though I do have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Note 8.0, and the Android Bluetooth Remote app works great on both. :)

That said, I would still like the included HA-1 remote to be more ergonomically friendly. And a backlight on the remote would be a bonus as well. :D Also, it would be nice if the text labels on the candy bar remote (and on the Bluetooth phone apps) were a slightly larger font. On a positive note, the available remote buttons & functions, as well as the placement of the buttons, are perfect, IMO.

All-in-all it is a very nice remote, but there will always be ways to make it better :wink:

May 20, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #318 of 5,414
I like the remote currently. I like that it's simple, well built, functional and doesn't take up a lot of room. If I want a backlight I'll use the app. That's just me though, YMMV. :wink:

May 20, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #319 of 5,414
I read through this whole freaking thread and some other threads as well, and from what I have gained so far reading the impressions and comments, this is the ultimate desktop setup for me. Just get this unit and a capable headphone and you're set to go for a very long time...

I like it that it is an amp, simply amplifying the analog signal to be fed through a headphone. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't get amps that have their own sound, like as if I want to introduce more "distortion" to my music since during post production of the songs themselves, sound engineers have applied their own tweaks and stuff. So I really like it that this amp just amplifies, and nothing else, let my music be represented as it should.

May 20, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #320 of 5,414
The Oppo HA-1 Bluetooth app for Apple devices can't be found using the iPad or iPhone search within the app store.  All that shows in a search for Oppo is the Blu-ray player remote, and a search using Oppo HA-1 will quickly autocomplete to the app's full name, but no app can be found!  To get the HA-1 app for iDevices, use HasturTheYellow's link.  Or search within Google instead, and follow the resulting link.  The iTunes and App Store search engines for iOS are notoriously inaccurate.

HasturTheYellow, you might pass that on to the powers-that-be who can contact Apple.

May 20, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #321 of 5,414
when you connect your idevice to the HA-1 then the idevice will tell you to download the app...    for IPAD you have to choose the IPhone app.. but it does work...  wish they would change it to landscape mode tho...

May 20, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #324 of 5,414
when you connect your idevice to the HA-1 then the idevice will tell you to download the app...    for IPAD you have to choose the IPhone app.. but it does work...  wish they would change it to landscape mode tho...

Yes, if you are using an iPad, you must search under the iPhone directory. I don't know why they don't also put it under the iPad directory.
I also wish it would allow rotation to the landscape mode, as I prefer to keep my iPad locked in that mode.

May 20, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #327 of 5,414
Hey Hastur,

Do you know the output impedance for the preamp stage on both XLR and RCA outputs? I know the output impedance for the headphone outputs is 0.5 ohms and 0.7 ohms, respectively. Thanks!

May 20, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #328 of 5,414
I read through this whole freaking thread and some other threads as well, and from what I have gained so far reading the impressions and comments, this is the ultimate desktop setup for me. Just get this unit and a capable headphone and you're set to go for a very long time...

I like it that it is an amp, simply amplifying the analog signal to be fed through a headphone. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't get amps that have their own sound, like as if I want to introduce more "distortion" to my music since during post production of the songs themselves, sound engineers have applied their own tweaks and stuff. So I really like it that this amp just amplifies, and nothing else, let my music be represented as it should.

Yeah, the amp's ability to fill the headphone space is remarkable. Nothing seems hidden and nothing seems added, and the better the headphones the better the result. HA-1 just communicates beautifully out to the headphones and lets them sing. I think they nailed this one. Pure natural clarity IMO.

Now that it's available again hopefully we'll see more impressions rolling in.

May 20, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #329 of 5,414
smellyfungus please tell us how the HA-1 compares with the "fireflies" as an amp. For some tube sweetness I may be interested in picking one up down the road. The plan would be to use the DAC on the HA-1 out to the WA7. :wink:

May 20, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #330 of 5,414
@smellyfungus please tell us how the HA-1 compares with the "fireflies" as an amp. For some tube sweetness I may be interested in picking one up down the road. The plan would be to use the DAC on the HA-1 out to the WA7.
wink.gif

i had been looking to get a quality dac and the ha-1 seemed to fit the bill plus give me an ss option so i don't have to burn my tubes. im planning to write whether i notice the difference between the ha-1 dac and wa7 stock and then also compare the amps themselves.

need to send my q-audio cable back to get upgraded to xlr though =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back