Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
May 20, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #332 of 5,414
I know someone will hate and ready to kill me but HA-1 will easily beat WA7 as amp

Maybe now audio360.org will finally change their Woo Audio lovefest on their site? 
beyersmile.png

May 20, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #333 of 5,414
i had been looking to get a quality dac and the ha-1 seemed to fit the bill plus give me an ss option so i don't have to burn my tubes. im planning to write whether i notice the difference between the ha-1 dac and wa7 stock and then also compare the amps themselves.

need to send my q-audio cable back to get upgraded to xlr though =/

Can't wait. :smile:

May 20, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #334 of 5,414
I don't know but i have tried HD800 with Q-Audio French Silk SE cable as well as Cardas 4 pin XLR one and sounded great with HA-1 used as dac/amp combo over Oppo as Dac and WA7 as amp

May 20, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #335 of 5,414
I know someone will hate and ready to kill me but HA-1 will easily beat WA7 as amp

HA-1 is absolutely killer, just curious how WA7 might be for tubes as my HA-1 set a pretty high bar for SS.

May 20, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #339 of 5,414
Hey Hastur,

Do you know the output impedance for the preamp stage on both XLR and RCA outputs? I know the output impedance for the headphone outputs is 0.5 ohms and 0.7 ohms, respectively. Thanks!

The output impedance of the RCA/XLR outputs is 100Ohm. Same as our line of Blu-ray players.

May 20, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #341 of 5,414
dunno if I'd be able to part with my wa7 if the ha-1 does handily beat it. it's easily the most beautiful amp on the market. plus I'm waiting on my wa7tp still.

just got the shipping notification but don't expect any comparisons soon. I'm going out of state for a few days.

May 20, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #342 of 5,414
dunno if I'd be able to part with my wa7 if the ha-1 does handily beat it. it's easily the most beautiful amp on the market. plus I'm waiting on my wa7tp still.

just got the shipping notification but don't expect any comparisons soon. I'm going out of state for a few days.

Agreed with regard to beautiful, and "beat it" is such a subjective thing. Sometimes you just want the coloured, musical euphoria of tube sound. Wouldn't criticize one way or the other. :wink:

May 20, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #343 of 5,414
Ordered mine today as soon as I got the in-stock notification.  Can't wait to hear the synergy with the PM-1s.  It looks like OPPO may be my Apple of the audio world, with me buying any and everything they make...  On that note - OPPO, please consider selling the beautiful isolation stand that was used at the UK and Japan shows.  I'm sure there would be enough demand to justify the production, and what a great match for your headphone stand!

May 20, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #344 of 5,414
Ordered mine today as soon as I got the in-stock notification.  Can't wait to hear the synergy with the PM-1s.  It looks like OPPO may be my Apple of the audio world, with me buying any and everything they make...  On that note - OPPO, please consider selling the beautiful isolation stand that was used at the UK and Japan shows.  I'm sure there would be enough demand to justify the production, and what a great match for your headphone stand!

x 1,000,000

May 20, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #345 of 5,414

Me too bought it a few hours ago, not too far from the email notification. I just did not want to take any chances, last time I missed the boat so not now. Your suggestion is great I saw the HA-1 isolation stand, really love it and I want one. :beerchug:

If they don't offer it, I am going to build one with special glass and weighted legs. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back