Open Announcement on the HiFiMAN HE-400
Oct 9, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #77 of 143
Quote:
The HE-400 has been very reliable and we expect that will continue. Our focus here is to get back to the great sound HE-400 owners enjoyed. As it has here, HiFiMAN will stand behind the product and take care of any problems that might arise.

Peter

So, if I was to place an order tommorrow are you guarenteeing me I won't get a unit that needs to be shipped in for modification?
I've followed this thread and have read at least one instance where a customer was shipped a bad unit after the defect was announced.
I applaud the manuffacturer taking responsibility in identifying and resolving the issue but the effort falls short imo if the "defective" units continue to ship,

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #78 of 143
I'm in two minds whether to return.
'coz it is not really a bugbear to me as the treble spike does not happen often for me. 
I've been playing games and listening to music and watching bloomberg for the past 3 days (almost 12 hrs daily) with it and I have only noticed at most 3 spikes. Very very short.. .and hardly noticeable if you are not focusnig on the details.. It is more of a very short 1sec (max) ringing sound than an irritating noise.

Of course, i'm just lazy to return and have to pay for the shipping and wait for the new phones that might just be a repaired version of the phones I sent in.

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #79 of 143
Quote:
I'm in two minds whether to return.
'coz it is not really a bugbear to me as the treble spike does not happen often for me. 
I've been playing games and listening to music and watching bloomberg for the past 3 days (almost 12 hrs daily) with it and I have only noticed at most 3 spikes. Very very short.. .and hardly noticeable if you are not focusnig on the details.. It is more of a very short 1sec (max) ringing sound than an irritating noise.

Of course, i'm just lazy to return and have to pay for the shipping and wait for the new phones that might just be a repaired version of the phones I sent in.

1) Hifiman is reimbursing all shipping costs for this particular replacement recall thing

2) You will always get a fresh pair, not a "fixed" pair when you do replacements with them I think

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #80 of 143
Quote:
1) Hifiman is reimbursing all shipping costs for this particular replacement recall thing

2) You will always get a fresh pair, not a "fixed" pair when you do replacements with them I think

Ya.. I guess the inconvenience is deterring me .. I would much prefer they delivered the replacement via fedex and i returned the faulty pair to fedex same day. 
Anyhow, maybe i'll asked fedex to pick up the parcel since they are reimbursing and money is no issue.. hehe...

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #81 of 143
One question though, however stupid it may sound.... they are asking us to send headphones back without ear pads, cables etc. So, am I supposed to remove the stock ear pads and cables and then send the headphones back?

Oct 10, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #87 of 143
Quote:
Definitely don't remove them just because I did since I have a history of being completely wrong and I could have very well misunderstood the e-mail:

Could it be that maybe they mean extra accessories? Like velour pads and non-standard cables? Stock pads and cables aren't exactly accessories.

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #88 of 143
Quote:

Could it be that maybe they mean extra accessories? Like velour pads and non-standard cables? Stock pads and cables aren't exactly accessories.

I would email customer service for clarification and then include their response with your headphones.

HiFiMAN is working hard to replace all of the affected HE-400s as soon as possible. They are using new inventory and the intent is for them to sound identical to what was shipped prior to the driver support change.

Thanks again for everyone's cooperation.

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back