Open Announcement on the HiFiMAN HE-400
Oct 7, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #46 of 143
Peter, thanks so much for all your help. I suppose that waiting several weeks will insure that for those of us who intend to purchase the older r2 driver version would get it and not the r3. Again, I appreciate all the efforts made here to rectify the issue!!

Matt

Oct 7, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #47 of 143
Quote:
Hi, it is Peter from HiFiMAN. All good follow-up questions this morning and Fang has asked me to reply.

Autoexec- that is the driver you want.

Vegards, have a look at autoexec's pic. Also Jerg has posted excellent images elsewhere in this thread. The bad support is a distinct yellow color.

Matt, plan is to stick with the so-called Rev 2 version. It was never HiFiMAN's intention to create different versions. Really the only significant change was from the first model introduced in January to the redesigned driver that appeared in March.That was done for durability and in the process the new version sounded better! Response to that version of HE-400 has been so good that it wouldn't make sense to keep changing it.

The mod with the yellow plastic support was done to strengthen support for the driver. It was not intended to change the sound but unfortunately it did.
eek.gif

Hope that answers the latest round of questions. By tomorrow, you will start getting responses from HiFiMAN customer service.

Peter

Hey Peter, thanks for getting back to us!

Have you already taken actions to prevent all future sales of yellow plastic versions, or should we wait a while to place our orders?

Cheers!

Oct 7, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #50 of 143
How is this going to work logistically?

I am in the UK and it is going to cost me around £80 to send them back, will this money be re-imbursed and if so how?

Also how long is it going to take?

Oct 7, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #51 of 143
Quote:
http://i.imgur.com/QTOw7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/B4VOz.jpg
I added two pictures of mine. Its not white like R2.

It's r3. r2 = translucent and clear plastic. r3 = "bone" subtle off-white, kinda like Patrick Bateman's business card lol.

How is this going to work logistically?

I am in the UK and it is going to cost me around £80 to send them back, will this money be re-imbursed and if so how?

Also how long is it going to take?

Well all we know at the moment is that shipping IS going to be paid both ways by Hifiman. As for how they're gonna be doing that we won't know until the customer service starts answering our "HE-400 Fang" emails tomorrow.

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #52 of 143
Quote:

It's r3. r2 = translucent and clear plastic. r3 = "bone" subtle off-white, kinda like Patrick Bateman's business card lol.

Hahah, +1 for reference to Patrick Bateman's business card, bone white.  Nice.

Oct 7, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #53 of 143
Thank you for your cooperation. Assuming HiFiMAN has or can crank up production of the right units, it shouldn't take several weeks. As I have more info, I will post it here. 

As for individual questions on shipping, especially out of North America, please discuss by email with HiFiMAN via customerservice@head.direct.com 

Peter

Oct 7, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #54 of 143
Quote:
Thank you for your cooperation. Assuming HiFiMAN has or can crank up production of the right units, it shouldn't take several weeks. As I have more info, I will post it here. 

As for individual questions on shipping, especially out of North America, please discuss by email with HiFiMAN via customerservice@head.direct.com 

Peter

Do you guys not have a stock of nondefective HE400 units at the moment available for exchange?

Oct 8, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #57 of 143
I think it would be nice to put such an important announcement in the head direct web also since not everyone that bought the rev 3 will see the announcement at head-fi.
Otherwise, great customer service shown here. Looking forward to to the replacement of my headphones and see if the rev 2 really lives up to the hype.

Oct 8, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #58 of 143
Quote:

Peter

Just a suggestion for those outside US (me included)>

Will it be good for hifiman to use Fedex to send us our replacement headphones and at the same time returned the faulty headphones to the same Fedex guy.
It would be good for us to have a headphone to listen to till the replacement comes.

Oct 8, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #60 of 143
Quote:

Peter

Excellent, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back