Open Announcement on the HiFiMAN HE-400
Oct 8, 2012 at 6:36 AM Post #61 of 143
Quote:
Does anyone know how international shipping works for me sending these, like customs etc?

I guess when I arrange to send it I will find out but just wondering really!

Hi dear, Please follow the replacement to ship the item back to us, then we will make a replacement for you soon.
Besides, your shipping charges will be fully refund, also.

Please print your online receipt email, note you need a replacement, and ship your item without accessories / box such as ear pads and cables, printed email and a note to the following address. Please also email to mewith your tracking information.

If you do not reside in North America or South America, please ship your defective item to our Hong Kong address:
HIFIMAN Customer Service
KOEY Ng
Rm326, Hor Ping Hse, Long Ping Est, Yuen Long, N.T. 
Hong Kong
Tel: 00852 24456310/ 97338010

The tracking number will be vital for us to track your package.Please keep it carefully, and after sending your package back, please send it to me.Thank you.

What a bummer. Dr Fang, could you see whether you could arrange to Fedex the replacement to me and I give the defective product to the Fedex guy in return. 
It saves us the trouble.

I'm peeved especially when my product was shipped out on 6th October Hongkong Morning when your announcement came in the afternoon or even earlier.
The staff should have held back shipment instead :frowning2:

So, would you kindly consider my solution? Have fedex delivered the replacement to me and I give the replacement to the fedex guy.

Thanks

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:46 AM Post #62 of 143
Quote:
Hi, it is Peter from HiFiMAN. All good follow-up questions this morning and Fang has asked me to reply.

Autoexec- that is the driver you want.

Vegards, have a look at autoexec's pic. Also Jerg has posted excellent images elsewhere in this thread. The bad support is a distinct yellow color.

Matt, plan is to stick with the so-called Rev 2 version. It was never HiFiMAN's intention to create different versions. Really the only significant change was from the first model introduced in January to the redesigned driver that appeared in March.That was done for durability and in the process the new version sounded better! Response to that version of HE-400 has been so good that it wouldn't make sense to keep changing it.

The mod with the yellow plastic support was done to strengthen support for the driver. It was not intended to change the sound but unfortunately it did.
eek.gif

Hope that answers the latest round of questions. By tomorrow, you will start getting responses from HiFiMAN customer service.

Peter

Thanks for your response really.
Now I just wonder, if the the Rev. 2 has a kinda weak support for the driver that it needs to be improved. I hope mine lasts a lifetime.. :/

Oct 8, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #63 of 143
Quote:

Now I just wonder, if the the Rev. 2 has a kinda weak support for the driver that it needs to be improved. I hope mine lasts a lifetime.. :/

The HE-400 had been doing well for several months both sonically and reliability. I am sure there was a reason for switching to the yellow plastic support but it was not intended to change the sound. HiFiMAN's focus is to get back to shipping the HE-400 that everyone knows and loves.

For the record, there have never been official Revs. We had one significant change early in the year and that was it. This change in the driver support was not intended to be a new Rev. So it would be helpful to refrain from calling HE-400s Rev 3.0 or Rev 3.5. I understand this has been inconvenient for HiFiMAN HE-400 owners but creating Revs that don't exist just adds to the confusion.

Peter

Oct 8, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #64 of 143
Peter, I got a response from customer service with instructions to return my HE-400's, but in my request, I also asked about returning my defective (torn) velour earpads I ordered with my headphones. The response made no mention of sending the earpads back for replacement. Should I contact customer service again and handle the earpads separately?

Oct 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #65 of 143
Quote:
Peter, I got a response from customer service with instructions to return my HE-400's, but in my request, I also asked about returning my defective (torn) velour earpads I ordered with my headphones. The response made no mention of sending the earpads back for replacement. Should I contact customer service again and handle the earpads separately?

Under the circumstances, it seems reasonable to take care of the earpads too. Yes, please contact customer service again and mention that I suggested they replace the earpads at the same time.

Thank you,
Peter 

Oct 8, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #69 of 143
The question has been asked twice and I did not see a response so I'll ask it again...

Were the defective units removed from dealer inventory so someone ordering new doesn't get a bum unit and have to go through all the shipping/return hassle?

My sincere apologies if I have overlooked a previous response

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #70 of 143

Quote:

Now I just wonder, if the the Rev. 2 has a kinda weak support for the driver that it needs to be improved. I hope mine lasts a lifetime.. :/

The HE-400 had been doing well for several months both sonically and reliability. I am sure there was a reason for switching to the yellow plastic support but it was not intended to change the sound. HiFiMAN's focus is to get back to shipping the HE-400 that everyone knows and loves.

For the record, there have never been official Revs. We had one significant change early in the year and that was it. This change in the driver support was not intended to be a new Rev. So it would be helpful to refrain from calling HE-400s Rev 3.0 or Rev 3.5. I understand this has been inconvenient for HiFiMAN HE-400 owners but creating Revs that don't exist just adds to the confusion.

Peter

So far I have had no problems with my 400's.  I love the expansive sound and hope they last well beyond warranty, but I am still concerned about the need to add the yellow plastic support to the driver in the first place. Will the warranty be extended if they fail down the line.

Oct 9, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #71 of 143
I am very excited about these headphones, If i buy from HeadDirect right now am i guaranteed to get the Rev 2? Are all the broken versions pulled from HeadDirect already? This whole treble debacle is the only thing stopping me from purchasing the HE-400.

Oct 9, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #72 of 143
Quote:

So far I have had no problems with my 400's.  I love the expansive sound and hope they last well beyond warranty, but I am still concerned about the need to add the yellow plastic support to the driver in the first place. Will the warranty be extended if they fail down the line.

It does make me wonder what problems may be ahead for owners of the white drivers, after all this was to be a fix for them !

Oct 9, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #73 of 143
Quote:
It does make me wonder what problems may be ahead for owners of the white drivers, after all this was to be a fix for them !

Uhm, maybe just an improvement reliability but not a crucial fix? I'm also interested to know though, if the white drivers are really in need of the "improved magnet support".

Oct 9, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #74 of 143
Quote:

Quote:

Uhm, maybe just an improvement reliability but not a crucial fix? I'm also interested to know though, if the white drivers are really in need of the "improved magnet support".

This...... can Hifiman explain to us why they even needed to "upgrade" the support for the driver magnet in the first place? Is there a flaw or something wrong with the current / 'rev 2' drivers? Will the new replacements be using the same exact old driver or will it have the "upgraded" support but fixed sound?

Oct 9, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #75 of 143
The HE-400 has been very reliable and we expect that will continue. Our focus here is to get back to the great sound HE-400 owners enjoyed. As it has here, HiFiMAN will stand behind the product and take care of any problems that might arise.

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back