Open Announcement on the HiFiMAN HE-400
Oct 11, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #92 of 143
Quote:
I would email customer service for clarification and then include their response with your headphones.

HiFiMAN is working hard to replace all of the affected HE-400s as soon as possible. They are using new inventory and the intent is for them to sound identical to what was shipped prior to the driver support change.

Thanks again for everyone's cooperation.

Peter

Hey Peter,

Thanks for getting back to me. I emailed customer service and also just got a response in the customer service thread here on the forum. HeadDirect is now only selling "Rev 2" :) Thank you!

Oct 11, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #93 of 143
Tracking info says that mine arrived at their office today.
biggrin.gif

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #97 of 143
I somehow missed the announcement.  While unaffected by this particular recall, and while it's a shame that there have been two recalls in less than a year on a new product, I'd just like to thank you, Fang, for this very straight forward, rapid, and open response to an issue.  There has been some grumbling out there about the response times and handling of issues with HiFiMan products and this post here is a fantastic and gigantic step in the right direction for support.  As the owner of two HE-400's, an HE-6, and two RE-0's this post is very reassuring to a well equipped HiFiMan customer!  Nicely, done, Fang!
beerchug.gif

Oct 18, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #99 of 143
Hi,

May I ask why was the Rev. 2 driver changed? I read "new driver support", is it to ensure some long term reliability or what?

I was thinking about ordering, but I might wait till the product gets more stable.

Thanks in advance.

Oct 18, 2012 at 6:46 AM Post #100 of 143
Quote:
Hi,

May I ask why was the Rev. 2 driver changed? I read "new driver support", is it to ensure some long term reliability or what?

I was thinking about ordering, but I might wait till the product gets more stable.

Thanks in advance.

It was a slight structural change to the driver that had an unfortunate sideeffect. They've reverted the change and you can now only buy the "rev 2" drivers.

Oct 18, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #101 of 143
Quote:

It was a slight structural change to the driver that had an unfortunate sideeffect. They've reverted the change and you can now only buy the "rev 2" drivers.

That I know, I wonder why. They were not talking about improving the sound (as they did with v2).. just some manufacturing process. So, if there is a change in that matter it means that there is something wrong with v2. Again, my question is what lead to do that.

Oct 18, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #102 of 143
That I know, I wonder why. They were not talking about improving the sound (as they did with v2).. just some manufacturing process. So, if there is a change in that matter it means that there is something wrong with v2. Again, my question is what lead to do that.

Thanks for the question. I asked Fang exactly why the change was made and he said it was for ease of manufacturing. There was nothing wrong with HE-400 V2 and HiFiMAN is now happily shipping that version which had been a big success. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate everyone's cooperation.

Peter

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #103 of 143

Thanks for the question. I asked Fang exactly why the change was made and he said it was for ease of manufacturing. There was nothing wrong with HE-400 V2 and HiFiMAN is now happily shipping that version which had been a big success. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate everyone's cooperation.

That answered my question from 10 days ago as to the original need to change the rev 2 in the first place.  So far after 5 weeks I have had no problems with mine.  Thank You

Users who are viewing this thread

Back