ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jul 17, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #15,751 of 16,326
Excuse my dumb question but could you direct me how to adjust gain on X1A?
Found it. Increasing gain to high improved max volume somehow. Is there any other settings you recommend to look at? Left volume limiter on Max, lock range at Normal and Digital Filter on Sharp. Fixed line output made no difference in max volume probably because it already is on Max with High gain.

Jul 18, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #15,754 of 16,326
There are 2 gains one in setting with android and one in the onkyo music settings.
There is a ReplayGain setting in Onkyo music player. Is that it? If enabled it has two settings, Preamp for tracks with/without replaygain info. Is this it? If yes will it effect only music player through this player or across whole device also affecting Spotify? Thanks.

Jul 18, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #15,755 of 16,326
I had an Oppo HA-2 (not the SE) and I loved it! It had a luvly synergy with my Oppo PM-3. I eventually reluctantly sold it away when I bought the Onkyo-DP-X1. I personally found that the PM-3 sounded even "better" with the Onkyo in Balanced mode. should Oppo ever release a successor to the HA-2 which features a balanced connection, I would seriously consider buying it. after about 5 months of use, my Onkyo's balanced connection headphone jack is starting to loosen up. it does not affect the sound currently, though I have a bad feeling that will eventually happen :frowning2:

I have Oppo HA-2SE and have just received Onkyo DP-X1A. Even though I did increase gain on Onkyo to maximum I still am not satisfied with how it drives my Oppo PM1 and PM3. Oppo HA-2SE is where PM1 really shines. Though I didn't try balanced yet, both balance cables for PM1/3 are on the way. Did you move forward with getting another DAC for your PM1 or purchased Oppo HA-2SE? Now that they stopped producing new models this is the latest one you will ever get.

Jul 19, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #15,756 of 16,326
I have Oppo HA-2SE and have just received Onkyo DP-X1A. Even though I did increase gain on Onkyo to maximum I still am not satisfied with how it drives my Oppo PM1 and PM3. Oppo HA-2SE is where PM1 really shines. Though I didn't try balanced yet, both balance cables for PM1/3 are on the way. Did you move forward with getting another DAC for your PM1 or purchased Oppo HA-2SE? Now that they stopped producing new models this is the latest one you will ever get.

I've sold my Onkyo so that I could get the Chord Mojo Poly. I find that my Oppo PM-3 sounds the best thus far with the Chord Mojo Poly setup.

Jul 20, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #15,757 of 16,326
I will buy Onkyo dp-x1 but when i went to several store here in spain
and click purchase
i then get a email from shop saying is not Avaible because Onkyo has discontinued Dp-x1
I got this from several shops
Now i dont know what to do i realy wanted to buy this player
Distribuitors making it very complicated in spain to get Onkyo Dp-x1

Jul 20, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #15,758 of 16,326
I will buy Onkyo dp-x1 but when i went to several store here in spain
and click purchase
i then get a email from shop saying is not Avaible because Onkyo has discontinued Dp-x1
I got this from several shops
Now i dont know what to do i realy wanted to buy this player
Distribuitors making it very complicated in spain to get Onkyo Dp-x1

That's because there is a new model Onkyo dp-x1a :)
Try buying this one.

Jul 20, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #15,760 of 16,326

Users who are viewing this thread

Back