ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jul 5, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #15,736 of 16,326
Hello all,

Sorry to intervene on this quite old post. I recently bought a DP-X1 and I'm in the process of installing the DP-X1_0.1.37.8_VTX_Lite firmware. I'd like to backup my boot & system partitions but twrp recovery seems to be unable to read data on the DP-X1 internal storage, SD card 1 is mounted but SD 2 is not. The select partitions menu is desperately empty...
Is there some trick to make backup work ?

Thank you for your help !

Grumo

Did you try the TWRP version compiled with new kernel ? See https://github.com/efenex/TWRP_Rai_Zin_32 .

Jul 14, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #15,740 of 16,326
Anyone hear of a new DP-X?. I see there is a new DP-S10 version. I like the feel of the bigger X players.mine is still going strong but it would be nice to see a new one with new stronger jacks.
My local shop had the X1A on listed as having a price cut and I went into take a look, turns out he sold the last one a couple days before I went. Word was that Onkyo had informed dealers that a sucessor was coming. No idea when though.

That said, I'm planning to pull the trigger on the X1A on my next payday (Hopefully they don't sell out in 10 days) and had some questions for the folks here:
1. What I understand is the X1 and X1A are fundamentally the same device with some incremental hardware improvements, and that the 1.37.8 vtx custom firmware twrp listed here for the X1 would work with the X1A?
2. The vtx custom firmware inddicates root and debloated. What method is used for root? Magisk or something older? Whats been removed in terms of debloat? I hope Google Play access is still there.
3. Assuming I can flash vtx firmware onto a X1A, can I simply use adb to boot into TWRP, flash the firmware and proceed from there?

Jul 14, 2018 at 12:45 AM Post #15,741 of 16,326
My local shop had the X1A on listed as having a price cut and I went into take a look, turns out he sold the last one a couple days before I went. Word was that Onkyo had informed dealers that a sucessor was coming. No idea when though.

That said, I'm planning to pull the trigger on the X1A on my next payday (Hopefully they don't sell out in 10 days) and had some questions for the folks here:
1. What I understand is the X1 and X1A are fundamentally the same device with some incremental hardware improvements, and that the 1.37.8 vtx custom firmware twrp listed here for the X1 would work with the X1A?
2. The vtx custom firmware inddicates root and debloated. What method is used for root? Magisk or something older? Whats been removed in terms of debloat? I hope Google Play access is still there.
3. Assuming I can flash vtx firmware onto a X1A, can I simply use adb to boot into TWRP, flash the firmware and proceed from there?

If you search for the terms fastboot or adb in this thread, you should find several posts, with downloads & directions for rooting the DP-X1 or DP-X1A.

Jul 14, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #15,742 of 16,326
If you search for the terms fastboot or adb in this thread, you should find several posts, with downloads & directions for rooting the DP-X1 or DP-X1A.
Thanks! I saw those posts about using adb and fastboot to get in to TWRP and root. I much rather flash the vfx custom firmware to avoid jumping through mutliple hoops if I can, but most folks here seem to have the X1 and not the X1A. The last time I rooted a android device and tried to debloat, I ended up having to reflash stock, so I'd prefer to avoid that.

Jul 14, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #15,743 of 16,326
Please please please can someone help me out with this. I thought I had figured something out, but now it's baffling me again as I can't recreate what I'd done. When I copy new files to the device, using xdaplink or not, when I open up the default music player, there is no option to play most recently added files. Somehow before I figured out a way to create a playlist of a folder, that had old and new files in it, and the playlist magically ordered newest to oldest. I can't make it do this again. I hate having to sort my music into a "newly added" folder so I can just listen to the newly added stuff. Is there a way anyone knows with the default player to make a playlist, or just play files in the order of newest to oldest? I'd be so forever grateful if you could help me out with this... thank you in advance.

Jul 14, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #15,744 of 16,326
Looking around in the Settings, and on the Tabs in the app, I don't see any options to select "recently added files."
Was it part of a previous version of the app?

Jul 14, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #15,745 of 16,326
Looking around in the Settings, and on the Tabs in the app, I don't see any options to select "recently added files."
Was it part of a previous version of the app?

No there was never an option. I'm using an original un-updated version regardless. I had previously figured out a way to make a new playlist where it had somehow sorted the files in that order but I have spent quite a while trying to duplicate this and it's not worked ever again. I can't believe they wouldn't incorporate that option - every android music player I've ever used has that ability. I had hoped I was missing something.

Jul 17, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #15,746 of 16,326
Hi guys. My new X1A just arrived and I gave it a try with my Oppo PM1 and PM3 using both stock player and Spotify. Even bringing the volume to 160max it was about 20% not enough till the level I'd want to go. Was using 3.5mm stock cable. My Oppo HA-2SE drives them without issues till the level I can't bear.

My question is is there a way to increase gain or volume by tweaking settings or using another player? I also have USB Audio Player Pro and am wandering if it has similar settings.

I also ordered 2.5 balanced cable and I wander if it will increase tge volume a little considering X1A will then be using both DACs?

Jul 17, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #15,748 of 16,326

Users who are viewing this thread

Back