1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by t.r.a.n.c.e., Sep 11, 2015.
  1. home44
    Kilpsch X12 Earphones

2. howdy
    Don't really know to much about those but it seems like the cable is not detachable and you will not be able to use those in the 2.5mm socket. If you are wanting to experience balanced sound you will need different headphones/IEMs.

3. meegja
    Yes, it has. But this can be reversed by a setting: enable the "Variable line out mode" and now the limit is gone. And yes, headphones can be used with the variable line out enabled.

home44 likes this.
  4. home44

I have ordered one of these...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078YKMYHK/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

5. Rivet-Head
  6. home44

OK Thanks.

7. howdy
  8. Rivet-Head
    There's unfortunately no cheap way round it, none of the major IEM manufacturers also make balanced cables, even if they sell detachable 'phones. Sony did at one point, but no longer. I ended up getting Effect Audio cable through hifiheadphones, budget cable is still £160 all in!! Assuming it lasts though, I do consider it an improvement worth the expense

9. TheNoose
    Try surf cables in the USA and Shure IEMS

10. home44
    Like I said earlier I'm more than happy to buy some balanced earphone but have no idea where to start looking manufactures etc.

I'm in UK btw.

11. leafwise
    Linum Cables (linum.de) are quite remarkable.

I recommend the Fender/Aurisonics lineup for IEMs as they have a signature to suits most tastes and their ‘heavy’ offerings are second-to-none. Also available worldwide afaik.

12. meegja
    That should be https://www.linum.dk/ :wink:

13. howdy
    How much do you want to spend and what kind of sound sig do you like? Lots of bass or very articulate...

14. home44
    very articulate. - Up to about £400