ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Nov 27, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #1,591 of 16,326
  Good to see you are still around, haven't seen you post since the DD socket 1 thread. 

Had been very busy with my work so far.
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #1,592 of 16,326
Here is some head to head comparison with my ifi iDAC2.

DP-X1 has better resolution and cleaner sound. The soundstage seem slightly bigger. Again, I notice that the bass on DP-X1 seem to a little thinner and less impact comparing to iDAC2. However, the bass is slightly better in control and more precise in DP-X1. Mid and trebles are impressive. I feel that the overall sound of DP-X1 is tend to be on flat and precise characteristic.

Note that I prefer a warmer sound since my favorite amp is Analog Squared Paper TUR-06 hybrid tube amp. 

Nov 27, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #1,593 of 16,326

DP-X1 has better resolution and cleaner sound. The soundstage seem slightly bigger. Again, I notice that the bass on DP-X1 seem to a little thinner and less impact comparing to iDAC2. However, the bass is slightly better in control and more precise in DP-X1. Mid and trebles are impressive. I feel that the overall sound of DP-X1 is tend to be on flat and precise characteristic.

Note that I prefer a warmer sound since my favorite amp is Analog Squared Paper TUR-06 hybrid tube amp. 

frown.gif

Nov 28, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #1,596 of 16,326
  You can always use EQ to make it fit your preference.

Yodobashi won't ship outside japan.

so with eq can it satisfy a basshead

Nov 28, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #1,597 of 16,326
The Cowon P1 will more than satisfy a basshead.

Nov 28, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #1,598 of 16,326
week bass is a killer for me and makes me not interested in a dap at all if it has week bass

Nov 28, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #1,599 of 16,326

thanks for your impression! the okyo seems pretty impressive then if it edges out the idac2. Hopefully you get a chance to hear other DAPs some time and see how the onkyo measures up!

With regards to the UI, any problems you're running into so far?

Nov 28, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #1,600 of 16,326
I long ago suspected the DP-X1 to be on the neutral side in a similar style to AK dap's, looks like I was right, I don't think you should be calling the bass weak, just neutral. It is how a dap should be imo, if you wan't warmth just use warm headphones or eq if you must. If you want a warm dap look at the AR-M2...

Nov 28, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #1,601 of 16,326
wondering if is a powerful dap or not, how does it compare to other daps in power like ak100ii

also i am reaidng about the lg v10 as a phone with good reveiews that many use is it as a dap, is the onkyo more powerful than the lg v10

Nov 28, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #1,602 of 16,326
I'm concern about lack of bass too. I hope DP-X1 has a quantity and impact of bass equal to DX90 or X5ii, at least. I don't interest in using EQ for bass boost, it is not my way of listening.

Nov 28, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #1,603 of 16,326
  wondering if is a powerful dap or not, how does it compare to other daps in power like ak100ii, also i am readng about the lg v10 as a phone with good reviews that many use is it as a dap, is the onkyo more powerful than the lg v10

Shigzeo already answered your question when you asked before..., DP-X1 is similar in power to AK380, which is more powerful than AK100ii, and you can bet that it would be more powerful than lg v10, in balanced DP-X1 would no question be more powerful than the v10.

Nov 28, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #1,604 of 16,326
I'm concern about lack of bass too. I hope DP-X1 has a quantity and impact of bass equal to DX90 or X5ii, at least. I don't interest in using EQ for bass boost, it is not my way of listening.

It's an interesting one and each to his or her own, of course. But any music we listen to is mixed, and mixing is basically volume, panning and EQ. And it's done on a particular rig with one or two different monitors, plus the "MP3 test" and the "car stereo test". So listening to music with a particular DAP/DAC and 'phones may result in a track sounding different to how the producer intended. Yet we often treat EQ as a bad thing on head-fi (I appreciate it's a pain having to adjust EQ often, but cranking a bit of bass on a DAP and leaving it cranked may wind up giving you more bass than was intended for any given track anyway - and bass heads probably prefer that.)

Absolute not meaning to criticise #ReizeiMako at all, as we all have different tastes. But EQ is there as a tool to tailor any track to how we like it on any given device. Mileages obviously vary, etc etc.

Nov 28, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #1,605 of 16,326
@FiidelityCastro

NP :) I don't think EQ setting is a bad thing to do. We all have a different kind of taste and I respect all of them. If EQ setting make a sound better for someone's ears. Use EQ setting is a right thing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back