ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Sep 26, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #286 of 16,326
I see it as wifi, volume, battery, clock.

Sep 26, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #287 of 16,326
The largest photo clearly show what it looks like signal strength icon.

Sep 26, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #289 of 16,326

That`s just wifi - AK players have the same icon.  

​
 ​
RUMOR - MONGER  ALERT ! !​

So by coincidence today I was able to pin an Onkyo rep to the wall and bombard him with questions. While not official by any stretch of the definition, I think most people here will be happily surprised with Onkyo`s pricing of the DP-X1.

Sep 26, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #290 of 16,326

So by coincidence today I was able to pin an Onkyo rep to the wall and bombard him with questions. While not official by any stretch of the definition, I think most people here will be happily surprised with Onkyo`s pricing of the DP-X1.
Thanks, did you ask him about the hybrid iem?

Sep 26, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #291 of 16,326

popcorn.gif

Sep 26, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #292 of 16,326

Game changing or just logically priced?

Sep 26, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #293 of 16,326

​
 ​

Oh god stop the teasing please, it's not good for my heart.

Sep 26, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #294 of 16,326

​
 ​

I am ready for the happy surprise. Surprise me, surprise me... 
L3000.gif

Sep 26, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #295 of 16,326

​
 ​

Ok so this might be stupid guess but I sniff a $5xx price tag.....

Sep 26, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #297 of 16,326
  The Pioneer is on that price range so I think he might mean sub-1k but can't see how they will sell it for anything sub-$700

The Pioneer does have the built-in speaker ("made by Onkyo" lol) and bolted-on parts so maybe we won't see a big difference in price. We know a second dac chip is not equal to a tiny speaker but I doubt they expect the casual buyer to know the difference.

Sep 26, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #298 of 16,326
  That`s just wifi - AK players have the same icon

The icon I'm talking about is between the Wi-fi icon and the battery indicator. Now it may not be a signal strength icon but it's not another wi-fi meter either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back