ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Sep 27, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #316 of 16,326
Regardless of why the Teac is really not that good

Never mind the UH-01, I wan't even impressed by their flagship UD-501.

Sep 27, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #318 of 16,326
I say yes to your question.

I think you would agree that each individual has it own needs. So, while a player without a screen suits your needs, it might and probably will not suit everyone's needs. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to hear (and maybe even own a Tera). But I cannot imagine that it would be my only DAP, same reason I don't want to get into stacking devices. I think you should consider this fact next time you praise the Tera in thread where the DAP that's being discussed is almost of the antithesis of the Tera. 

Sep 27, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #321 of 16,326
  LOL!! no DAP is worth that amount of money

you cant even pause it. SERIOUSLY!
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #327 of 16,326
  Well,

I heard the AK240 and despite costing an arm and a leg, I sounded spectacular. I've been using my NT-6 with my FiiO X5 and I'm pretty certain I have to upgrade now, because nearly everything sounded better. (But, is also more expensive). I'd even consider waiting a bit longer to buy a used AK240, if these upcoming DAP's don't live up to the expectation. The AK100II, on the other hand, while sounding great didn't do much for me. But I listened to that one after the AK240. The same counts for the Lotoo Paw Gold and 5000, both sounded great but it wasn't the best synergy with my NT6, YMMV.
So, again take all of my impressions with a grain of salt. 

Interesting, with my NT6pro, the extra power the 240/120ii had over the 100ii didn't matter very much given the NT6pro's efficiency and clarity. The 240/120ii sounded more powerful, but I found I could turn up the 100ii a few more clicks and get comparable sound. The DACs sounded identical to my ear even with the 240/120ii's double DAC implementation. The only thing I thought the 240/120ii did better than the 100ii was to play the LCD X better as a single DAP given the significant boost in power. However, the ak100ii paired extremely well with my cheap C&C BH2 amp to easily trump the single 240/120ii IMO when using my LCD2.2. Obviously, I got the AK100ii after that lengthy audition and it and my NT6pro have been best buds ever since. And even better once I got my Ted's Headphone Lounge Silver Litz Reference AK2.5 balanced cable. (YMMV) Our mileage really does vary. 
wink_face.gif

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #328 of 16,326
^ So true about YMMV, I don't trust what anyone says these days, so many times my findings have been different to others, and opinions of others differ just as much from person to person. Eg: Some people find ak100ii sonically identical to ak120ii, some people find the balanced out of ak100ii worse than the single ended out, etc.

There is just way too many differing opinions to take any one opinion seriously. I still like reading peoples opinions and sharing my own, becauce with so many people contributing you still find people that have similar opinions to your own.

Sep 28, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #329 of 16,326
^ So true about YMMV, I don't trust what anyone says these days, so many times my findings have been different to others, and opinions of others differ just as much from person to person. Eg: Some people find ak100ii sonically identical to ak120ii, some people find the balanced out of ak100ii worse than the single ended out, etc.

There is just way too many differing opinions to take any one opinion seriously. I still like reading peoples opinions and sharing my own, becauce with so many people contributing you still find people that have similar opinions to your own.
This is where I'm at too, so much misinformation and outright confusion, all it does is muddy the already murky waters of what is a good and bad product.

Sep 28, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #330 of 16,326
This is where I'm at too, so much misinformation and outright confusion, all it does is muddy the already murky waters of what is a good and bad product.

Opinions are not static but posted reviews are. i have changed my view of items but the review was a moment in time. The pressure of others buying based on my star rating is not fun at all. I got 1 tour review coming up and I'm done. Lotta work, not fun, lots of pressure and it's all wrapped around an impression that may change over time...cuz I'm human.

I don't trust anyone but myself and even then....

/2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back