1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by t.r.a.n.c.e., Sep 11, 2015.
First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Next

Last
  1. Max Choiral
    [​IMG]
    There is no dap with the measured DNR of 120 dB[​IMG]   HM-801 with the dual dac chip has nearly 87dB of DNR
    Don't let the numbers fool you. The specs tell us about the max. DNR capacity which can be achieved with the best implementation. It's not possible for a dap yet

2. Yubacore
    Wow! This one is a looker. 

Does anyone know if that's the ONKYO or othe Pioneer in those pics?

3. T.R.A.N.C.E.

Even more reason to ignore specs of dac chips then, and even more reason that implementation is what determines the SQ, not the dac chip.

4. Hawaiibadboy Contributor
    onky.jpg  
    Quote:
    Believe that's the Onkyo

5. AUDIOBREEDER
    this looks better than the Sony from the front view.
    glad its a big screen and touchscreen.
    will this released in the US?

6. velvetx
    Man this is one good looking DAP.  Subbed.

What's the price?

7. kawaivpc1
    X7 already lost its place. Pioneer's inferior twin is still better and cheaper than X7 in nearly all aspects including price. 
    X7 will not sell unless Fiio drops its price down to $300.

8. Sound Eq
    its a big slap to fiio x7 , i think fiio x7 took too long to come true

9. callizer
    Wow way to judge a product without even listening to it. I thought the most important part of this DIGITAL AUDIO PLAYER is its...audio? 

You don't seem to understand how pricing works.

10. Samuel777

You won't believe, All my AK DAPs (AK120 Titan and AK120II) are already on the market, because of Pionner and ONKYO players. 
    I'm selling them in order to order ONKYO or Pionner one.
    I really believe that Pionner and ONKYO DAPs will be the best (SQ and Price) on the market.
    Yeah.
    sam

11. Edric Li

LOL I was going to do the same. 
    But I guess I am not going to pull the trigger on the Onkyo until I give them a good listen. 

12. Photoman

A lot of you guys are downgrading Fiio X7. But one thing I like is that they do well is firmware upgrades and features

13. Photoman
    A lot of you guys are downgrading Fiio X7. But one thing I like is that they do well is firmware upgrades and features

14. Edric Li

Lotoo did it.

Here is a brief technical comparison I did between AK380 and Lotoo Paw Gold when the former came out:

THD+N (PO):              0.0008% vs 0.00058%​
    S/N:                              116dB vs 120dB​
    Dynamic Range:          unknown vs 121dB​
    Clock Jitter:                      30ps vs 5ps
    PCM & DSD Support:    Exactly the same
    Battery:                     3400mAh vs 6000mAh
    Output Power:             unknown vs 500mW@32Ohm per channel

15. mathi8vadhanan
    Fiio has a better DAC, swappable AMP module and a larger customer base. It's not all doom for Fiio. It will be interesting to see these, go head to head.

Fiio X7 will be a refined DX100, whereas these this Onkyo is going to be a DX90 on steroids (UI/Build wise).

First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Next

Last