ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jul 28, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #15,796 of 16,326
Dear friends !
how to flash stock rom for dp-x1 ?
Many thanks !

Try searching in this thread, for the terms adb and fastboot.
You should find posts that have links to file downloads (mostly for rooting, but I think the stock ROM download is also listed), and to directions for flashing the ROM.

Jul 31, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #15,798 of 16,326
X1A Finally arrived today. Getting to boot TWRP was a labour worthy of Hercules!

.First it W10 failed to get proper drivers for fastboot and I spent an hour before figuring out to select the Samsung USB ADB Driver.
Then I spent another half an hour trying to get the bootloader to unlock, got in did a stock backup, flashed the custom firmware which was too lean even for my tastes. Google Play didn't work, ADB didn't work, I had no way of even getting a file manager to get APKS out side of Play. Went back to stock and install Root Explorer, SU Root and TiBu to cleanup the gunk myself.

I still haven't gotten to even playing music on it yet.....

Jul 31, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #15,799 of 16,326
Okay now I need some help, I went back to stock, got root, removed most GApps in TiBu. Now whenever I start up the player, it spends some time optimizing apps and drains close to 5% of my battery doing so, Did a factory reset the apps I removed are still gone, and it's still optimizing apps on startup.

Jul 31, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #15,800 of 16,326
Okay now I need some help, I went back to stock, got root, removed most GApps in TiBu. Now whenever I start up the player, it spends some time optimizing apps and drains close to 5% of my battery doing so, Did a factory reset the apps I removed are still gone, and it's still optimizing apps on startup.

I'm not familiar with that scenario.
If you're not too concerned with the storage space being used, you can install Titanium Backup Pro, and "Freeze" apps, to keep them from running, or showing up anywhere in the DAPs UI.

Jul 31, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #15,801 of 16,326
I'm not familiar with that scenario.
If you're not too concerned with the storage space being used, you can install Titanium Backup Pro, and "Freeze" apps, to keep them from running, or showing up anywhere in the DAPs UI.
Yeah I removed them straightout which might be why it's breaking. Did you freeze anything? I'm curious if theres a list that I can refer to,

Jul 31, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #15,802 of 16,326
On my rooted DP-X1B, these are the apps that I have currently Frozen in Titanium Backup Pro -
Google Play Newsstand
Google+
Hangouts
Keep
Maps
MusicFX
Photos
Sheets
Slides
TalkBack

When it gets annoying to keep seeing the pop-up saying that YouTube has stopped, I'll go in and freeze it as well.

Jul 31, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #15,804 of 16,326
You know...I’ve never touched the apps. I only use the on board player. And in two years I’ve never had any problem. Clean.
IMO at that point you're probably better off buying a Sony Walkman or something with propietary firmware.

Aug 1, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #15,806 of 16,326
IMO at that point you're probably better off buying a Sony Walkman or something with propietary firmware.
What for?
This unit has the sound / value in the market. I don’t buy to play s/ware engineers I play music. And my balanced headphones shine with this unit. So thanks for your advice but I don’t need it. I’ve owned Sony btw. This is significantly better.

Aug 1, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #15,807 of 16,326
I have made a purchase in spain and i am waiting
meanwhile i got this answer from Onkyo Europe about the bad situation
on getting Onkyo Dp-x1 in spain
Is avaible in Online stores in spain as soon that we purchase it
then goes mysteriously into out of stock
And nobody care
We hope we able to get one.

Acording to what Onkyo say is done by Preorder in spain, and they not have it in spain
and have to get it from Germany, this custumber can not speed up but local dealers can speed up if they want
so their answer is sorry we can not help

It was not easy to get Onkyo players in spain

ihD8H8l.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #15,808 of 16,326
What for?
This unit has the sound / value in the market. I don’t buy to play s/ware engineers I play music. And my balanced headphones shine with this unit. So thanks for your advice but I don’t need it. I’ve owned Sony btw. This is significantly better.
Oh I don't know? Perhaps the fact that there is something I don't need is there and could reduce the battery life? I bought this to listen to music, not plugged in charging.

Removing unneeded software is not rocket science, it might be for you though since you don't seem to understand what software engineering entails.

Plus I wasn't under the impression that I was providing advice. Simply my opinion that you should get something with a propietary firmware if you dont care about removing stuff you don't use, but whooshhhh.

Aug 1, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #15,809 of 16,326
Oh I don't know? Perhaps the fact that there is something I don't need is there and could reduce the battery life? I bought this to listen to music, not plugged in charging.

Removing unneeded software is not rocket science, it might be for you though since you don't seem to understand what software engineering entails.

Plus I wasn't under the impression that I was providing advice. Simply my opinion that you should get something with a propietary firmware if you dont care about removing stuff you don't use, but whooshhhh.
Not interested in your opinion and certainly didn’t ask for it. ‘You should get’ is advice and I didn’t ask. Very narky. Can we move on? I like this forum and come here for enjoyment. Not advice nor judgment. I’m moving on.

Aug 1, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #15,810 of 16,326
Not interested in your opinion and certainly didn’t ask for it. ‘You should get’ is advice and I didn’t ask. Very narky. Can we move on? I like this forum and come here for enjoyment. Not advice nor judgment. I’m moving on.
So did I give my opinion or advice? Those are 2 very different things. I certainly didn't ask for your opinion either but you went and gave yours, so I responded to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back