1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by t.r.a.n.c.e., Sep 11, 2015.
  1. Teppka
    Unless I'm missing the point of this debate, one can uninstall or disable unwanted apps through settings. I did the same on my Onkyo DP-X1A the moment I started device. Nothing runs except for stock player and Spotify. No need to root device for this.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    whitemouse and KuroKitsu like this.
  2. KuroKitsu
    Yeah thats what I ended up doing after having to restore my backup. Im so use to rooting and removing things compeletely without an issue on my phones. They might have done something differently for the player if you delete stuff from system.

3. Teppka
    Not really. You can remove or disable any app in Android OS. Same goes for my Samsung Note 8 or other Samsung devices I have. If you need to stop/disable certain process or task, say like clipboard function or any running process at all you can download an app from Playstore like Package Disabler Pro + or alike. Again, no need to root your device.

4. KuroKitsu
    I know exactly what you mean. I left my S8 unrooted so that I could take OTAs, and just disabled in the app manager. But I personally prefer to remove it when and if I can regardless is what I mean. I just dont like having it there.

5. Teppka
    I see. Just wanted to make sure people are aware that apps or tasks can be disabled without root :)

KuroKitsu likes this.
  6. KuroKitsu
    Thanks, appreciate the response. Root is mostly for those folks that want to run stuff like Viper4a or PowerAmp and actually need that to make it work. But guess disabling apps is the way to go.

7. CoCostanza
    I just started to pair my Dp-x1a with Chord Mojo and I thought that I would get a much better battery time from Dp-x1a since the Mojo is doing all the work. But no, running time is down to 4-5 hours from 10-11 hours. How is that possible?

8. DBaldock9
    Does the Mojo charge from the port you've connected the OTG cable to?

9. CoCostanza
    No, its a separate port actually.

10. aangen
    How noticeable was the change in sound? (I have a Mojo, but no DP-X1a. I feed mine with a Fiio X5iii)

11. CoCostanza
    From listening to Dp-x1a only? Oh the change is there for sure. X1a is a really clean player but the clarity of the mojo is sick. Really special. Layering and separation is also better. The only thing Onkyo does better is that it has a more spacious sound, a lot more airy. Almost speaker like. That kept me go back to it in the beginning but eventually I just stuck with the mojo. That big soundstage makes it less clair sounding compare to the Mojo.
    One thing that I was/am missing from Mojo is that full body sound everybodys talking about( main reason why I got it), but It is getting there slowly. I dont know if the device is burning in or its just brain burn in but the sound is getting more fuller the more I listen to it. Or it could be my iems, Shure535. They lack some bass and warmth without EQ.
    Im gonna try Mojo with LCD-2 next week.

masterpfa and aangen like this.
  12. aangen
    I think it's brain burn but I like mine just fine. The 535s sound fine to me. The 846s a little better, and the KSE 1500s, well gosh.

masterpfa likes this.
  13. KuroKitsu
    Is there anyone using gonemad as a player? I couldn't find any conclusive evidence as to whether turning off the custom audio engine allowed it to pipe directly to the dac.

14. MParrott
    TeknicalXtacy, does it sync playlists as well?

15. Guitarzan67
    Hi all, Newbie here...
    I just picked up one of these last week. I’m having no luck playing it in my truck (f150). Trying to use Bluetooth, I get an error message on my screen “unsupported device”. Tried going int usb, same thing. Tried to use android auto app as my truck has it, Onkyo will not download the app. Again an error message. I have no aux input, as Ford did away with these this year... so, I either have “just” a hi res portable plaeyer for headphones only, or I need to send it back? Am I missing something in the settings? I got this to bring all my music with me. I’m on my iphone in the truck pretty much all day, so I’m not able to listen to music. Is there a way to tether it to my phone and use the dac/amp from the Onky and send to radio via Bluetooth from my phone?
    Thanks for any insight into this. I love the player, but just want it to work in the truck as well.
    Sorry for the long winded frost post...