On-ear headphones $50-$100
Jan 16, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #16 of 48
thanks guys i created an account just so i could ask this question and it got answered with in an hour. this site is awesome.
I think i am gonna go with the grados.
thanks

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #18 of 48
hi sorry but i have one more question. i just realized these are open headphones. i want to use these in public so i was just wondering how bad the leak/ hearing other sounds are.

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #19 of 48
Quote:
hi sorry but i have one more question. i just realized these are open headphones. i want to use these in public so i was just wondering how bad the leak/ hearing other sounds are.

Well, do you mean in the library? Or in an office? Or walking down the street in public?
Because they are poen back phone's and they do leak, how bad I don't know, their always on my head, and I live alone, but I would say their loud, also depending on how loud you listen to music.

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #20 of 48
Quote:
Well, do you mean in the library? Or in an office? Or walking down the street in public?
Because they are poen back phone's and they do leak, how bad I don't know, their always on my head, and I live alone, but I would say their loud, also depending on how loud you listen to music.

ohhh... well i still might go for them, do u have any closed headphone recomendations. i don't mind listening softly so i might get them

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #23 of 48
Quote:
ohhh... well i still might go for them, do u have any closed headphone recomendations. i don't mind listening softly so i might get them

Unfortunatly I can't recommend any closed phone's, I've only had Bose, Phillip's Koss and senn's but I can't speak of them after hearing Grado's + They were all over 100$U.S.

If you can get away with it, get the Grado's, if not someone will beable to guide you to a closed back phone, sorry.

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #24 of 48
I recently got my pair of Noontec Zoros in the mail, and I must say, I would recommend you give them a look. They sound great, even Innerfidelity gave them a good review. They have a remotely flat sound signature, so they respond well to EQing, which is good since I like enjoy some shaking bass. 

They do not fold flat but they do fold up to a smaller profile

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #25 of 48
Quote:
I recently got my pair of Noontec Zoros in the mail, and I must say, I would recommend you give them a look. They sound great, even Innerfidelity gave them a good review. They have a remotely flat sound signature, so they respond well to EQing, which is good since I like enjoy some shaking bass. 

I forgot about those!  These are actually pretty good.

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #26 of 48
well i just tried to buy the closed seinheisers but after reading about the grado's i couldn't bring myself to do it. i'm gonna go for the 80i's. thanks for the advice.

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #28 of 48
Quote:
well i just tried to buy the closed seinheisers but after reading about the grado's i couldn't bring myself to do it. i'm gonna go for the 80i's. thanks for the advice.

+1 go for the SR80i and you will blown away by their sound (I'm sure).
I'll never forget the first time I tried my friend's SR80, I put them on and after listening to them I just looked at him and said WOW, like I was in disbelief, I was amazed and still am!

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #29 of 48
Sony MDR-V6. You will not be disappointed. Transparent mids and highs, relatively flat response, musical, good bass, nothing particularly colored, well built, inexpensive, comfortable, a classic.

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #30 of 48
Quote:

thanks i'll check those out, but i don't know what all the technical stuff means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back