Official K-81 DJ thread
Nov 9, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #2,386 of 2,661
Havent Posted here in a while... But is there anything I can get on the market, with a slightly higher price and quality?

I used to have a pair of these. Quite cool, feels like there isn't anything better but I wanna prove myself wrong.

Nov 9, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #2,387 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4xer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Havent Posted here in a while... But is there anything I can get on the market, with a slightly higher price and quality?

I used to have a pair of these. Quite cool, feels like there isn't anything better but I wanna prove myself wrong.

I was in the same boat, so I tried out the AT ES7s. Beautiful cans, but I ended up selling them beacause of the colored mids. I'm back to the K81s for indoor portable use.

Nov 9, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #2,388 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4xer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

better than K81/518dj ? slightly ? maybe, RP-21 or Denon D2k...
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomagnate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was in the same boat, so I tried out the AT ES7s. Beautiful cans, but I ended up selling them beacause of the colored mids. I'm back to the K81s for indoor portable use.

thx for sharing mate, i curious about that cans before BUT NOW i dont have to search for that ES7 anymore...
wink.gif
looking forward for test EA RP-21 or Denon D2k...
icon10.gif
or even better, ED9 !!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #2,390 of 2,661
Ok so do these headphone squeeze the ears? I got a big head. For comparison the AHS altec lansing 502i was killing my ears after some time. Are the K81dj any better than that in terms of comfort?

Nov 10, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #2,391 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by imp0ssibled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i like the sound of the k518dj, but juz dun like it being supraural....now i'm juz looking for the cirumaural version of the k518dj....

i'm not having any problem with comfy but perhaps it's a good idea about the circumaural version of the K81dj...
biggrin.gif
i'm curios about RP-15 too know, there's a a ppl says RP-15 kick K81dj ass for bass department...
basshead.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by anon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok so do these headphone squeeze the ears? I got a big head. For comparison the AHS altec lansing 502i was killing my ears after some time. Are the K81dj any better than that in terms of comfort?

not recommended for bighead ppl, mate...
rolleyes.gif

Nov 10, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #2,392 of 2,661
I just got a pair of these, mostly for rough use (riding the train into NYC); I use them with a Go-Vibe v5, an AOL Cryo line out, and an unmodded iPod, and I have to say they're a good bit better than I expected. I should get a whole new rig on Tuesday (Lisa III w PPL and Audio Technica ES W9's, and I'll do a brief comparo. The new stuff better be a *lot* better!

Mike

Nov 26, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #2,394 of 2,661
just ordered a k514, looking foward to it. I got the original k141, i love the sound but need something more portable (k141 is just way too big) but i love the AKG's sound.

hopefully these cans will be just as awesome.

Nov 26, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #2,395 of 2,661
K514 ?! i guess what you've meant was K518dj...this cans is awesome, for their price...this cans is moddable, IF you like more cleaner SQ you can remove the foam inside pads, bluetak mod & last but not least, recabling em...just after you accept yours dont forget to burn-in em about 100-200 hours, it's improves alot from out of the box...
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #2,397 of 2,661
Nov 27, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #2,398 of 2,661
i found this:
HD-25 velour pads
and it's not that expensive either.

I just bought a pair of those pads... the shipping is only $5 ground for US

Nov 27, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #2,399 of 2,661
I will have to recable mine. I am losing sound on left side when moving jack around.

They are still great headphones. The bass punch never dissapoints.
Today I tested all my headphones with Arietta playing some bass heavy music and K81DJs bass was stronger than 990pro, only 770pro was better.

Nov 27, 2007 at 4:05 PM Post #2,400 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by ishtob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i found this:
HD-25 velour pads
and it's not that expensive either.

I just bought a pair of those pads... the shipping is only $5 ground for US

i open that url from yours but ended with this result

Sorry the information you requested is currently unavailable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardstyler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will have to recable mine. I am losing sound on left side when moving jack around.

They are still great headphones. The bass punch never dissapoints.
Today I tested all my headphones with Arietta playing some bass heavy music and K81DJs bass was stronger than 990pro, only 770pro was better.

was stronger than DT990pro ? that's awesome...yup, recable is the thing i want to try now...and changing pads, maybe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back