Official K-81 DJ thread
Nov 27, 2006 at 9:15 AM Post #1,816 of 2,661
After many hours of experimenting I finally found a mod that cleans up the loose bloated bass of the K81 turning it into tight, controlled, clean, punchy bass sound (it does not tame the bass, ia remains strong as before, only makes it clearer and controlled)

Take a look here on how to perform the mod and for more infos.
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=210497

Nov 30, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #1,817 of 2,661
Acting on a tip in another thread, I just picked up a second and third K-81DJ, using Google checkout (one checkout per phone) to get each at $53 shipped.

I gave my first K81 DJ to my son in Israel. They are his prized possession. He uses them to listen to classical music on a 40GB iRiver MP3 player. Everyone in his dorm is blown away by the sound. Recently the cord broke at the plug end. They were repaired by a Jerusalem electronics shop. The repairman listened and exclaimed, "Where did you get these? These are the best of the best!"

Dec 2, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #1,818 of 2,661
Ok, I was looking at the defoaming thing ... read 50 of the 90 pages ... now .. as I bought them used ... I think they are already defoamed
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Now, just to be sure, the foam would be 'under the cushion , correct ? You do not remove anything, just slide the finger under the cushions, and it would be there. Is that correct ?
How does the foam pieces look like ?
Thanks
Lionel

Dec 8, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #1,820 of 2,661
Sorry for bumping an old thread guys, but I just ordered a pair from HeadRoom on Dec. 1st, and I'm so excited I can't help but post about it. I even read this whole thread.

From what you guys are saying about them I should love them. My only concern is that I have very sensitive ears, I hope they aren't too uncomfortable. But I have a small head, so I don't think there will be a problem. Now all I need is some good open 'phones for home use, some good closed circum-aural 'phones for home use, and a portable player upgrade. Them I'm set
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 8, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #1,821 of 2,661
purchased a set of these today from ebay. i hope they are as good as everyone says. i was looking for another closed can to take on trips so i can leave my dt-770's at home and keep them in good condition :p i love those things.

i'll report back with my impressions once they arrive.

Dec 10, 2006 at 6:13 AM Post #1,823 of 2,661
I have had a look on the net and can't find many locations/sites in Australia that sell the AKG K81DJ. The cheapest I found was at Factory Sound in Melbourne. http://www.factorysound.com.au/index...nView=FULLLIST
They currently are selling at a sale price of AUS$95.
Headphonic also sell them but at AUS$119 http://headphones.com.au/prod_one.php?productID=233

There are no ebay links. I could buy from US but I want it now and am a little stuck if it breaks down.

Anyone know of other locations, either a physical location (preferably NSW) or on the web that sells this headphone around AUS$100?

Dec 11, 2006 at 12:41 AM Post #1,828 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBurns11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know if HeadRoom is out of stock of these things? I placed my order for them on Dec. 1st, it's now the 10th and I still haven't recieved a shipping confirmation. I've never ordered from HeadRoom so I don't know if they just take a long time to ship or what. Any help?

They're not out of stock. I just ordered some K 81 DJs from them on Wednesday and got a shipping confirmation on Thursday. The FedEx tracker says they are in my area (Oakland) so I assume they will be here tomorrow. Sounds like Headroom forgot about you or something.

Dec 11, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #1,829 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're not out of stock. I just ordered some K 81 DJs from them on Wednesday and got a shipping confirmation on Thursday. The FedEx tracker says they are in my area (Oakland) so I assume they will be here tomorrow. Sounds like Headroom forgot about you or something.

Thanks for the info. I just e-mailed them. Hopefully this will be sorted at soon. I can't wait to get these things!

Dec 11, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #1,830 of 2,661
how would u k81 lovers compare the sound to ksc75's or the new v-moda vibes? i have ksc 75's as a "refrence sound" and im in a tangle between buying the k81's or vibes...

isolation i heard is better on the k81s, but vibes have decent amount of blockage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back