Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
May 28, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #10,591 of 10,664
So I was having an issue with my ipod where it would case my pc to hang when using itunes. I tried a few things to fix this via the pc and eventually just got frustrated and installed rockbox. Transferred songs over and listening right now. Very pleased.

Using the classic 5.5 with a new battery and rockbox interface. All is good in apple land currently with some 80's alternative.

Jul 10, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #10,592 of 10,664
Anybody using mediamonkey 5 ? Music doesn't show on ipod after syncing. Read online that this version fixed the issue.

What are the alternatives to iTunes ? I was using foobar but it would freeze or show errors (signs of bad HDD in ipod ?)

Jul 12, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #10,594 of 10,664
Rockbox ! ..... couldn't live without it ! :)
Would a bad HDD cause rockbox to go into panic mode/white screen while transferring music ? Tried it last night. I have iflash stuff coming in.

Also does anyone know of alternatives to using iSesmo opening tool ? It destroys the aluminum faceplate/case trying to open a classic model. The blade is way to thick for being supposedly "thin". Was thinking guitar picks.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #10,595 of 10,664
Would a bad HDD cause rockbox to go into panic mode/white screen while transferring music ? Tried it last night. I have iflash stuff coming in.

Also does anyone know of alternatives to using iSesmo opening tool ? It destroys the aluminum faceplate/case trying to open a classic model. The blade is way to thick for being supposedly "thin". Was thinking guitar picks.
I believe a bad hard drive could cause multiple issues, including what you describe. OF has a way to check the health of the hard drive.
Opening the classic is hard. I use the the 5.5 & iSesmo is my favorite tool. I have metal guitar picks but they are too short for my liking. I've used plastic tools but they have a tendency to break. Watch some videos. People seem to recommend patience & going slowly with the Classic. Also, once opened once, they become easier to open.

Jul 30, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #10,603 of 10,664
Got a few line out cables going spare for the price of postage to wherever if anyone needs one or two or all three.
IMG_0681.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back