Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Sep 23, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #6,452 of 10,664
Hello to everybody in this forum,

well after the disaster with the used  mSata  840EVO I bought from amazon, I had ordered  a new one.
Put it Tarkan's adapter, attached the adapter to the ipod ribbon.

Next drama occured......   THE RED  X  OF DEATH.

I was about to burst out in complete madness.

Checked the ribbon connection to the adapter and found out, it wasn't connected correctly.
So connected it correctly and now tried to start syncing.

Now my laptop told me, it couldn't transfer any songs.   I was really about to give up.

I checked the windows explorer and it did not display my external HDD where all music is on, even though the HDD was connected via USB.

Next step....... pulling away and sticking the USB connector back into the USB port.

Now everything is all good......... I started syncing music, but only 50GB at a time.
I don't want to cause another RED X, because of the empty battery.

Alex's battery is on the way for me.

I am sooooooo happy, to finally have a 1TB ipod.

Greets,
JULIA

Sep 23, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #6,454 of 10,664
  Hello Forum-members    especially the  ipod-modders,  as I have contacted  ALEX  for the 2000 mah battery, he asked me to let you know the following fact, in case you didn't know yet: 

Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 8:35 AM
To: me
Subject: 答复: 2000 mAh including thick back for Ipod

Hi Julia,

I'm happy to hear from you again.
Yes I have the smaller 2000mah  battery , it's shorter than the old 2000mah battery. 
The price is same.
The total price for 2x set is $50, include one set tools, plus $5 for shipping. I can send paypal invoice for you.

Sorry I couldn't visit headfi.org now because of the network limit in China:frowning2: 

Recently ‎there's a seller (ebay ID: super-ipod)  on ebay start sell 2000mah battery,  it's not me. He stolen  my pictures and descriptions. The battery he sell is fake. 
Actually my website is www.super-ipod.com, ‎but my ebay ID is: canamyfly2013
I couldn't visit headfi now so I couldn't explain these to other customers. May you help me to explain these‎ on headfi.org? I'll appreciate if you can help me.

Regards!
Alex

Sent From My BlackBerry 10 Smart Phone. 

Just to let all you know.

Greets,
JULIA

Sep 23, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #6,456 of 10,664
Julia, if that msata gives you issues, just sell the adapter an msata drive, and get one of Tarkens dual SD card adaptors, and go that route. It's supposed to be more reliable, and allows enough room for the 2000mah battery. He start shipping them on October 1st. That's what I'm going to do is ditch my msata drive and just toss it in my laptop as an extra drive. Also with SD cards, it will increase battery time.

Glad you finally got it working! Definitely feels good when your persistence and hard work pays off!

Sep 23, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #6,460 of 10,664
SD cards are dropping in price. Right now 2x 256GB SD cards is like $160.

Which is my plan eventually. As I only have 130GB of music. I never put movies on my iPod. I put those on my phone.

I think in the short term, I may grab a second cheap 128GB SD card, and dual SD adaptor. I'm just at the point where I need to expand my iPod over 128GB. So I'm not sure exactly what I'll get. But it's an option.

Sep 24, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #6,461 of 10,664
Hi All,

Just wanted to ask, I have some logical boards, how can I tell which type they are from the chips on the board. I am interested to know if any of them have the Wolfson DAC Chip2.

Thanks in advance
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back