Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Apr 4, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #8,942 of 10,664
Apr 4, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #8,943 of 10,664
I did not factor the solder points and protection circuitry on the 46mm side (width) when I measured it because I was trying to get a rough estimate on the battery's power density at the time. So it should be about 45mm to 48mm with the insulation the way it came (45mm to 46mm after I redone the insulation).

nah, i bought on a brazilian version of ebay and there are some original cards there if you are lucky. You can return it and get the money back instantly if its a fake one. I'll try a samsung Evo+ and maybe this time it works out 
biggrin.gif

this one?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/566780/official-ipod-video-classic-5g-5-5g-6g-6-5g-7g-ssd-mod-thread/4815#post_11257477

If so it is the exact same one (they even use the same photo
biggrin.gif
) but I could only find it listed on aliexpress now. Maybe people did not read the description and complained afterwards.

Did you try the quad adapter? It does fill the entire space behind the screen but I didn't have any issues aside the protection circuitry insulation getting in the way of the frame when reassembling my ipod.

At that time the quad adaptor didn't exist!

So you are saying the 2600 fits with the quad adaptor? What about with the dual and solo adaptors (which also didn't exist then!). Presumably you mean with a thick case back?

Thing is, at this point, if using the quad, would rather use the 2000/slim case/quad than 2600/thick case/quad.

Out of interest, though, are you saying you reckon the 2600 is in reality a higher capacity than the (wildly optimistically rated) 3000mah?

I am pretty sure my 2600 has died by now from sitting unused for so long. Damn Lipo batteries tend to do that!

Apr 4, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #8,944 of 10,664
What is TRRS? :/

The connector earphones with mics have

So you are saying the 2600 fits with the quad adaptor? What about with the dual and solo adaptors (which also didn't exist then!). Presumably you mean with a thick case back?

Thing is, at this point, if using the quad, would rather use the 2000/slim case/quad than 2600/thick case/quad.

Out of interest, though, are you saying you reckon the 2600 is in reality a higher capacity than the (wildly optimistically rated) 3000mah?

I am pretty sure my 2600 has died by now from sitting unused for so long. Damn Lipo batteries tend to do that!

So that's why not many people talk about this battery, I have no idea when these adaptors were released to the public lol

I can only say the battery fits with the quad adaptor because that's the one I have. The other 2 would probably fit if they have the same thickness as the quad. I have both 30gb and 80gb ipod 5.5 and there's no way the battery would fit in the thin one (the battery is as thick as the thin back shell)

I bought the 2600 one because it is the biggest one avaliable and I can pay aliexpress purchases with cash at the bank (no stupid credit card conversion wild fluctuation) 
biggrin.gif

For now I would say they both have about the same capacity since they have similar physical density. I'll time the battery life once i get the microSD card back.

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #8,946 of 10,664
I assume there exists adapters?

i Tried a different pair of earphones in 3 poles and same problem.... only sound in left ear :s

Just search for TRRS adapter and you'll find a bunch of them.

Did you try earphones/headphones without mic and/or controls? It could be a dirty connector or you damaged the flat cable when you disassembled the ipod

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #8,947 of 10,664
  I've actually managed to do it in disk mode shortly after posting. Just not on recovery mode. 

if you mean IO>HardDrive>HDSMARTData it only gives the the temperature data. I've made some before where it doesnt give me the storage data both green adaptor and iflash. 

Funnily enough it now works on the 6g but when I put the same set up on a working 5g it gives me the sad face. 

Is there such a thing of the iPod being in a "bad state" due to constantly changing sdxc/hard drives? If so how do you take it out of that bad state?

Are errors 1416, 1418, 1430 &1434 all related to storage issues and if so why?

a bit off topic, is there anyway through diagnostic mode primarily A2D to tell you the current battery health?

Thank you for confirming that the green CF adapter + generic SD to CF adapter works with 48-bit LBA iPods.

You're the first to confirm it in this thread.

This is an inexpensive $10 solution if you have an iPod 6 or 7.

Waiting for mine to come in the mail.

Apr 5, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #8,948 of 10,664
I did not factor the solder points and protection circuitry on the 46mm side (width) when I measured it because I was trying to get a rough estimate on the battery's power density at the time. So it should be about 45mm to 48mm with the insulation the way it came (45mm to 46mm after I redone the insulation).

nah, i bought on a brazilian version of ebay and there are some original cards there if you are lucky. You can return it and get the money back instantly if its a fake one. I'll try a samsung Evo+ and maybe this time it works out 
biggrin.gif

this one?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/566780/official-ipod-video-classic-5g-5-5g-6g-6-5g-7g-ssd-mod-thread/4815#post_11257477

If so it is the exact same one (they even use the same photo
biggrin.gif
) but I could only find it listed on aliexpress now. Maybe people did not read the description and complained afterwards.

Did you try the quad adapter? It does fill the entire space behind the screen but I didn't have any issues aside the protection circuitry insulation getting in the way of the frame when reassembling my ipod.

Hi Thinwalls. How long does the 2600 MAh battery last on average? How many hours music time? Is it longer than the 1900 MAh battery? I'm finding the 3000 Mah battery is loosing endurance now, its lasting as long now :frowning2: So I'm
Now using a 1900 MAh battery. How long does the 2600 MAh battery last for the 5.5 and 7th Generation iPods?? On Original firmware. Thanks. Any other feedback and insights from others are welcome :)

Apr 5, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #8,949 of 10,664
The connector earphones with mics have

So that's why not many people talk about this battery, I have no idea when these adaptors were released to the public lol

I can only say the battery fits with the quad adaptor because that's the one I have. The other 2 would probably fit if they have the same thickness as the quad. I have both 30gb and 80gb ipod 5.5 and there's no way the battery would fit in the thin one (the battery is as thick as the thin back shell)

I bought the 2600 one because it is the biggest one avaliable and I can pay aliexpress purchases with cash at the bank (no stupid credit card conversion wild fluctuation) :D

For now I would say they both have about the same capacity since they have similar physical density. I'll time the battery life once i get the microSD card back.

Please keep us updated with what battery life you get with the 2600 Mah battery. Very curious. Will await the results in a few weeks. My Samsung EVO+ 64 GB arrived in the post from China yesterday :D now to upgrade my 30 GB 5.5 gen to 64 GB. :)

Apr 5, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #8,950 of 10,664
Just search for TRRS adapter and you'll find a bunch of them.

Did you try earphones/headphones without mic and/or controls? It could be a dirty connector or you damaged the flat cable when you disassembled the ipod

Yes i tried a 3pole earphones that perfectly works with my ipod touch but does have the same problem as the 4poles earphones... I already ordered a new jack/hold button for thin case

Thank you for your help :)

Apr 5, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #8,951 of 10,664
This isn't anyone here, is it?

(I'm sure I've seen an Altoid-tin amplifier before somewhere!)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4383178/Tourist-held-security-thought-amplifier-BOMB.html

If you could fit a bomb in an external amp, you could fit one in the ipod itself, so why would anyone bother making an external amp bomb? Still, I think I wouldn't have tried to take that on a plane, knowing how little technical knowledge security staff are likely to have.

Apr 5, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #8,952 of 10,664

Thank you for confirming that the green CF adapter + generic SD to CF adapter works with 48-bit LBA iPods.

You're the first to confirm it in this thread.

This is an inexpensive $10 solution if you have an iPod 6 or 7.

Waiting for mine to come in the mail.

I got it working after around 6 solid hours around it. No joke 
If you get the sad face or Red Cross it simply means its not connected properly via the zif cable. (too tight) Maybe put some electrical tape on the cable to prevent moving
You will need to add something around the bottom to stop it from pressing too hard onto the adapter. 
I would not suggest doing if battery life or weight difference is important to you. Since there is virtually no improvement whatsoever. The only benefit from it is literally not having a faling HD.
Tarkan's iflash is certainly the easiest and least time consuming option. But the prices have gone up more than 10% in the last 6 months alone. 

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #8,953 of 10,664
24 hours of continuous shuffle playback and the battery went from 94% to 59% and I hope that it lasts 60 hours 
biggrin.gif

320kbps MP3 files
iFlash-Quad adaptor
Single 32gb Sandisk Ultra C10 (white/gray)
-10db volume
KZ Amp-less ZN1 (or ZS1)
Rockbox with everything stock

Apr 6, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #8,954 of 10,664
  24 hours of continuous shuffle playback and the battery went from 94% to 59% and I hope that it lasts 60 hours 
biggrin.gif

320kbps MP3 files
iFlash-Quad adaptor
-10db volume
KZ Amp-less ZN1 (or ZS1)

The battery indicator is just a reference, with a bigger battery it can last several hours on 0%

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #8,955 of 10,664
biggrin.gif

320kbps MP3 files
iFlash-Quad adaptor
-10db volume
KZ Amp-less ZN1 (or ZS1)

Is this the new 2600 mAh battery from Aliexpress?? Not bad specs and battery life is quite good. Are you using the default rockbox theme? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back