Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Oct 8, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #6,526 of 10,664
I been picking up broken and working 30 gigs for free or really cheap and combined them to get a couple solid working ones, but I want to get the dual SD card board, high capacity battery and replace all the exterior plastic and back to make a "super" ipod... I want something solid state and high capacity for my car and for use at work....

Oct 8, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #6,532 of 10,664
  I been picking up broken and working 30 gigs for free or really cheap and combined them to get a couple solid working ones, but I want to get the dual SD card board, high capacity battery and replace all the exterior plastic and back to make a "super" ipod... I want something solid state and high capacity for my car and for use at work....

Go for it dude, a solid-state iPod is perfect for the car where the bumps and jostling would eventually break a spinning platter HDD based iPod.

I just completed my iFlash-Dual Gen. 5.5:

Oct 8, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #6,533 of 10,664
Yeah my 5.5 is starting to show a thin grey line across the screen so I already plan on fixing that. The rest of it is flawless. It's been in a Agent 18 case since day one.  Only thing is I know the 5.5's had brighter screens so not sure how to tell what replacement is a direct replacement and not pick up a 5th gen screen...

Oct 9, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #6,538 of 10,664
I didnt get your comment at first, until I looked again and noticed those are 512Gb cards
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back