Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Oct 13, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #3,766 of 10,664
  "improved compatibility" is a vague term, it imply there are still "incompatibility" yet such info is never released on the product page, and users are not allowed post such info on the product site.

It would appear to me that you are somewhat frustrated with Tarkan.  Somehow I think I found myself in the middle of that without meaning to be.   Am I somewhat on track here?

Oct 13, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #3,767 of 10,664
  "improved compatibility" is a vague term, it imply there are still "incompatibility" yet such info is never released on the product page, and users are not allowed post such info on the product site.

Tarkan keeps improving the design and it has another firmware that Tarkan is currently testing. He shipped one of these v7 cards to test it with my 256gb Lexar. 

Oct 13, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #3,768 of 10,664

It would appear to me that you are somewhat frustrated with Tarkan.  Somehow I think I found myself in the middle of that without meaning to be.   Am I somewhat on track here?

I apologize that I shouted out in a way that have pointed to your posts.
Indeed I am frustrated with misleading marketing info that has been repeatedly posted here, in the name of "improvement" but never saw any data to prove it. And this has led to people blaming Rockbox.

Oct 13, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #3,770 of 10,664
  Tarkan keeps improving the design and it has another firmware that Tarkan is currently testing. He shipped one of these v7 cards to test it with my 256gb Lexar. 

I would appreciate if you can use this opportunity to run some simple tests in rockbox: battery life benchmark, disk speed test, ATA info dump.
As far as I know, he has made some workaround which made the SD adapter no longer conformal to ATA standard, a work around should not be called improvement, it may fix something but in the same time break things too. He should at least released such info to the public.

Oct 13, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #3,774 of 10,664
Figured post a shot of my gear since I'm sitting here listening, and enjoying my 5.5G iMod Terapod :D

Also pictured is my 128gb SD card 4th generation iPod with Fiio E17. Got my DT880s 250ohm pumping at the moment, taking a break from my Westone W40s. Which I may have reshelled into custom IEMs. But for now, I'm loving this gear.

zadusema.jpg

Oct 13, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #3,775 of 10,664
Those capless are meant to be a couple. 

I let my terapod take a break today so I grabbed the half-terapod this morning on my way to work. Struggling with decision on bringing which one to work every day. LOL. 

The 2000mAh got delivered today, so I need to figure out which ipod will be honored. :)  My ultimate plan is to have a CF mod with this bad boy, either for diymod or for 7g classic. 

Oct 13, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #3,776 of 10,664
Yeah I would love to have a 256GB CF card and 2000mAh battery.

The capless setup is amazing. Unfortunately I can't have any portable media in my workspace. :frowning2: otherwise I would have the Terapod and 4th Gen alternating at work. So instead all I have is my Westone W40s and streaming Pandora. Even Spotify doesn't work. It really does blow that I can't use it at work. They don't get near the playing time they should.

Now my next major decision is what color scheme and design for custom reshell of my W40s. This hobby never ends lol. Probably going with InEarZ. I've messaged there people and follow them on Facebook. Of all custom Reshellers I've seen, they are the best priced, quickest turnaround, and willingness to work with the customers. So we'll see. Still gotta get impressions somewhere.

Oct 13, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #3,777 of 10,664
I will go crazy without my setup on my desk in the office. These are like my body parts. :)
I have never tried any ciem's, but I doubt I will be comfortable with those pieces in my ears. My ears are very sensitive to anything intrusive. After I used the EX1000 with almost weightless housing and shallow insertion, I will have hard time to adjust to others. I owned IE80 and 4A.i before, and I couldn't get used to wearing those anymore after the EX1000 experience.

Oct 13, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #3,778 of 10,664
Yea I like the W40s, but mostly just curious about the customs. That and I love the see through look of clear or smoke. Being able to see the BA. Plus it's one more way to make my setup unique. :p

But it does drive me crazy to not have my gear at my desk. I sit and think about how I could have some high quality tunes going, for 8 hours a day. :/

Oh, almost forgot, another project is to recreate the ALO amp wallet in a high quality leather. Shouldn't be too hard.

Oct 14, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #3,780 of 10,664
  Those capless are meant to be a couple. 

I let my terapod take a break today so I grabbed the half-terapod this morning on my way to work. Struggling with decision on bringing which one to work every day. LOL. 

The 2000mAh got delivered today, so I need to figure out which ipod will be honored. :)  My ultimate plan is to have a CF mod with this bad boy, either for diymod or for 7g classic. 

Any reason you prefer the cf mod?  Would seem to me that you already have the ultimate upgrade in the tera and 480 versions.  Wouldn't 256 seem a little limiting after that?

The cf mod does seem to still have it's attractions despite cost.  Better battery life, more stable file transfers etc.

Just a pita that that pny 256 gig sdxc card isn't sold in the uk.  Even if it were it wouldn't be as cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back