Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Apr 29, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #2,837 of 10,664
I must have read through about 80+ pages of this thread.  Thank you to everyone who provided all this great documentation!

Last night I installed the m500 240gb into my 5.5g, installed rockbox, and dropped beyondwind's .rockbox folder over top of my fresh install. Everything went well and rockbox is working great, but I have a question about themes:

A lot of the themes that work great on my 5g w/ stock 30gb drive are scrambled and not loading correctly on my 5.5g.  I am assuming this something to do with beyondwind's patch?  I tried installing the themes before and after dropping beyondwinds folder over my .rockbox folder. As a quick example: Rock_Beats and the xplorr theme load all scrambled or parts don't load at all, but they work fine on my regular 5g.  Both are running the most recent rockbox version, but I am using beyondwind's patched folder on my 5.5.  Terminal and iLike themes loads fine on both devices.  It seems to effect all themes that load images.

Anyone else run into this or have any info they can provide?  A lot of the themes are looking a little dated and i'm looking forward to contributing a few more up to date options soon!

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #2,841 of 10,664
  I must have read through about 80+ pages of this thread.  Thank you to everyone who provided all this great documentation!

Last night I installed the m500 240gb into my 5.5g, installed rockbox, and dropped beyondwind's .rockbox folder over top of my fresh install. Everything went well and rockbox is working great, but I have a question about themes:

A lot of the themes that work great on my 5g w/ stock 30gb drive are scrambled and not loading correctly on my 5.5g.  I am assuming this something to do with beyondwind's patch?  I tried installing the themes before and after dropping beyondwinds folder over my .rockbox folder. As a quick example: Rock_Beats and the xplorr theme load all scrambled or parts don't load at all, but they work fine on my regular 5g.  Both are running the most recent rockbox version, but I am using beyondwind's patched folder on my 5.5.  Terminal and iLike themes loads fine on both devices.  It seems to effect all themes that load images.

Anyone else run into this or have any info they can provide?  A lot of the themes are looking a little dated and i'm looking forward to contributing a few more up to date options soon!

yep my theme does not work correctly either with his build . i went back to rockbox ver 3.13 and my 240 gig zif hard drive works great!

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #2,842 of 10,664

they are a good battery company BUT they are not 850mah they are 700mah (you can look at the pictures you will see). i ordered one from another seller who also had 850mah in the title and he sent me a 700mah battery in a paper envelope which is illegal so i had no way to return it. the seller changed the ad to 700mah and ebay gave me my money back. some of these sellers are uber pidstu. i wish they still made the 850mah or even the 950mah they sold years ago was awesome.

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #2,843 of 10,664

they are a good battery company BUT they are not 850mah they are 700mah (you can look at the pictures you will see). i ordered one from another seller who also had 850mah in the title and he sent me a 700mah battery in a paper envelope which is illegal so i had no way to return it. the seller changed the ad to 700mah and ebay gave me my money back. some of these sellers are uber pidstu. i wish they still made the 850mah or even the 950mah they sold years ago was awesome.

Yeah they are good batteries, I have one of the 850mah in my iMod. They take forever to discharge when not in use, so they hold their charge quite well.

Apr 30, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #2,845 of 10,664

Thank you for the response, I'll keep troubleshooting.  Are you dropping beyond's folder on top of your .rockbox or should I be installing using his .patch?

Yeah, all I do is extract the patch in the root of the card and it overwrites any duplicates files.  One thing, remember to reboot your iPod after you apply/change the theme.

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #2,846 of 10,664
  Yeah, all I do is extract the patch in the root of the card and it overwrites any duplicates files.  One thing, remember to reboot your iPod after you apply/change the theme.

Re-installed 3.13, extracted beyondwinds zip from his website, re-installed the xplorr theme to test.  Here is what I get:

http://imgur.com/Es5CIYP

I tried manually installing the xplorr theme and using the utility, neither works.

Apr 30, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #2,850 of 10,664
  You ment mSATA not work and SD with Adapters is ok?

mSATA works on the 5th gen iPod not the 6th gen, there's many of us using mSATA 5th gen iPods. 

Your question was about SD to CF and CF to ZIF adapters, I meant that the SD to CF adapter is less power efficient that just using a CF card and CF to ZIF adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back