Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Apr 30, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #2,852 of 10,664
  Not iPod related but wanted to share this with you all, I managed to use a 256gb SDXC card in my Sansa Clip.

amazing!
what version of rockbox?
did you fill MOST of the card up with music and check that it still works?

thats weird i did not think something like this would work because for example my phone can only take up to 32gb card and when i tried to use 64 it did not work. i would have thought this would be the same concept...?

Apr 30, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #2,853 of 10,664
  amazing!
what version of rockbox?
did you fill MOST of the card up with music and check that it still works?

thats weird i did not think something like this would work because for example my phone can only take up to 32gb card and when i tried to use 64 it did not work. i would have thought this would be the same concept...?

The card has 229GB of music in it and works great. 

The reason the 64gb card did not worked in your phone is because it comes in exfat format and you need to format it to fat32 before you put it in your phone.

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #2,854 of 10,664
  The card has 229GB of music in it and works great. 

The reason the 64gb card did not worked in your phone is because it comes in exfat format and you need to format it to fat32 before you put it in your phone.

i let android do its special format or activiation to the card (or what ever android calls it when you put a new card into it)
so you are saying if i buy a 64gb card and format it using my pc to fat32... it will work? im very excited if this works. has anyone done this and can confirm this?

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #2,855 of 10,664
i let android do its special format or activiation to the card (or what ever android calls it when you put a new card into it)
so you are saying if i buy a 64gb card and format it using my pc to fat32... it will work? im very excited if this works. has anyone done this and can confirm this?

I've done it many times...

May 1, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #2,856 of 10,664

Follow the directions posted in this thread to format your 64gb card to fat32.

May 1, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #2,857 of 10,664
I use EaseUS or whatever to format my 64GB microseconds SD cards. I use 64GB cards in all my Android devices. Two phones and a tablet. Works perfect. The only limitation I believe is that all files need to be under 4GB for a single file. Something like that but I don't remember the details since I don't ever need 4+ GB files on my device's.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

May 1, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #2,858 of 10,664
The only limitation I believe is that all files need to be under 4GB for a single file. Something like that but I don't remember the details since I don't ever need 4+ GB files on my device's.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
You are right, fat32 has a file limitation for the size of files. fat limitation is 2gb, fat32 is 4gb.

May 1, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #2,859 of 10,664
  Not iPod related but wanted to share this with you all, I managed to use a 256gb SDXC card in my Sansa Clip.

Hi

Seen this way done a few times, what's the actual product called and where did you get it from?

Thanks

May 1, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #2,861 of 10,664
May 3, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #2,864 of 10,664
I've got a couple questions, and I apologize if they've been covered previously. It's really hard to find any search results for something so specific and the amount of pages in this thread is just impossible to sift through.

Is it a known issue to hear coil whine with the SSD mod? I have to put my ear up to the iPod to hear it, but it's there and it makes me concerned for the longevity of all the components if I leave it running like that. I'm using a Crucial M500 480GB SSD with the same ZIF adapter that everyone uses. Could it be the cheap Chinese adapter causing it, or possibly the SSD?

My other question is has anyone else gotten IPL Loader 2 to work with an SSD? Or is it a known issue that it doesn't? I can get this Pod to boot the Apple OS and boot Rockbox via the RB bootloader just fine, but when using Loader 2, it loads a screen that says the MBR is invalid, then loads the GUI which only shows Apple OS, Disk Mode, and Sleep (guess it can't read the drive so it can't see the loader.cfg). Does anyone know a workaround or is it not possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back