Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Jan 25, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #2,071 of 10,664
Thank you very much for the link.Now is there anyone who has the same card and use it in the mini or 5.5 gen? Just want to make sure the card is compatible and will work as is not stated on tarkan website.Also we will have to pay any extra fees on top of that when we import to UK? The price is perfect for a 256 GB cf.

Jan 25, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #2,074 of 10,664
Just warn you guys Taobao is the place where the fake items are sold the most than any other places, if anyone doesn't know anything about Taobao. So if you do make purchase from Taobao, just make sure you will not be burned.

FYI, I tried a 128GB Lexar 400x CF with the Tarkan last yr, and that combo didn't even pass the restore.

Jan 26, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #2,075 of 10,664
Just mod my old iPod Video Gen 5 (not 5.5) with a 480G mSATA SSD.

Many old posts focused on Gen 5.5. So now my old iPod Gen 5 is also working with a Crucial M500 480G mSATA SSD.

Hope it helps.

Here are the pictures:

Jan 26, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #2,076 of 10,664
Thanks for sharing the info and that's very nice of having a 480GB ipod, although the msata is not compatible with rockbox.

Let us know the battery performance and the stability as you fill the storage.

Jan 26, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #2,079 of 10,664
So lexar Cf won't in video or mini?
Then why to buy 256 GB if won't work..Anyone?

My Wellcore 256gb card just left the NY USPS sorting facility, should be here on Wednesday this week. I am positive it will work on the iPod mini, we already know it works with the Tarkan adapter because DMinor already tested it.

CF card 256gb has requested that you receive a Track & Confirm update, as shown below.

Track & Confirm e-mail update information provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Label Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Service Type: Registered Mail™

Shipment ActivityLocationDate & Time
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Depart USPS Sort FacilityNEW YORK, NY 10199January 26, 2014
Processed through USPS Sort FacilityNEW YORK, NY 10199January 26, 2014 2:01 am
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment  

Jan 26, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #2,080 of 10,664
Congratulation Cmarti
As soon as you can please let us know if it works in the mini and the video ipod, also take some photos and tell us about the speed transfer.. If this card is a success maybe more will want to order it and we may as well bring the price  down for the 256 GB CF cards :)

Jan 26, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #2,082 of 10,664
Just wanted to share something I have observed in the past three days, I have been using my 5.5th 256 GB mSATA exclusively and it have been working flawlessly without skipping songs or shutting down.

Keep in mind that the temperature in Florida this time of the year is a lot colder now, so I think the hiccups we have with these mSATA iPods might exclusively be heat related.

Even battery life seems to be extended now that the iPod is not getting hot, the temperature now is around 68F.

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #2,083 of 10,664
@DMinor, what's the sounds quality like on that mini you got compared to the 5.5G? I know you don't have it yet, but what's the expectation?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Jan 26, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #2,084 of 10,664
  My Wellcore 256gb card just left the NY USPS sorting facility, should be here on Wednesday this week. I am positive it will work on the iPod mini, we already know it works with the Tarkan adapter because DMinor already tested it.

CF card 256gb has requested that you receive a Track & Confirm update, as shown below.

Track & Confirm e-mail update information provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Label Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Service Type: Registered Mail™

Shipment ActivityLocationDate & Time
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Depart USPS Sort FacilityNEW YORK, NY 10199January 26, 2014
Processed through USPS Sort FacilityNEW YORK, NY 10199January 26, 2014 2:01 am

What a gift you got for the Chinese New Year! You will love it, and mine hasn't given me a single hiccup and it's very power efficient.

Yeah I would be surprised if it doesn't work on the mini.

@DMinor, what's the sounds quality like on that mini you got compared to the 5.5G? I know you don't have it yet, but what's the expectation?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

I expect the stock mini will sound on par with the stock 5.5g as both have the excellent Wolfson chips. Cmarti may chip in as he has both the min and 5g/5.5g.

Jan 26, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #2,085 of 10,664
  Just wanted to share something I have observed in the past three days, I have been using my 5.5th 256 GB mSATA exclusively and it have been working flawlessly without skipping songs or shutting down.

Keep in mind that the temperature in Florida this time of the year is a lot colder now, so I think the hiccups we have with these mSATA iPods might exclusively be heat related.

Even battery life seems to be extended now that the iPod is not getting hot, the temperature now is around 68F.

Guess that won't be a problem in uk with the heat then :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back