Official Hong Kong Thread (Shops, Meets, Events and more-)
Aug 2, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #271 of 421
The Chinese headphone forums are...rather empty.

Aug 4, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #274 of 421
Will they have any good headphone stuff at the upcoming HK High End AV show this weekend?

Aug 4, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #275 of 421
  Will they have any good headphone stuff at the upcoming HK High End AV show this weekend?

They should have most everything you can see in stores... ECT/DMA is having a big booth with all the brands they represent, will also have manufacturers like the AKG, ATH, Senns, Beyer, Philips, Denon, etc.  

But don't think we get any new stuffs that isn't commercially available so don't expect to find news there.

Aug 4, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #277 of 421
Wanchai Convention Center, it is there every year :p There's very little headphone stuff there though

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #281 of 421
  Is it quiet enough to listen to these critically though?

Certainly not. Some exhibitions provide quiet rooms, but most of them you'll only be able to hear the sound signature of the headphone.

And yes, there are a decent amount of headphones, but compared to the speaker section the headphone section is quite small. I'd like to see more custom IEMs, headphone amps and DACs being put on display. 

Aug 10, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #282 of 421
The Dynaudio speakers in the AV show this year was my favorite out of all the rooms! 

Aug 11, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #283 of 421
The Dynaudio speakers in the AV show this year was my favorite out of all the rooms! 

I would have liked to check that out. I have a pair of their entry level speakers and I can only imagine how their higher level speakers must sound. Do they provide pricing at the show?

Aug 12, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #285 of 421
I would have liked to check that out. I have a pair of their entry level speakers and I can only imagine how their higher level speakers must sound. Do they provide pricing at the show?

The only two I liked were the uber MBL ones and the Dynaudio ones. I think they're active speakers? It wasn't even their flagship but instead was a pair of small speakers that looked like the Xeo 5. They said it will only be announced in November o.O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back