Official HF-2 Serial Number List
Oct 7, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #451 of 657
Im willing to bet atleast 75 pairs are going to shady hong kong or asian stores selling them as godlike new cans. like HF-1 = Hong Fu 1 :p 800 DORRA

Oct 7, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #453 of 657
SN# 507, pretty cool because my boys are 5 and 7 years old. I'm VERY easy to please and not in any way picky, but I have to admit I was disappointed with the appearance of mine. Several nicks on the metal which I could live with, but there are also these big swirly defects all over the writing on both cups which was the first thing I saw through the windows on the box, I thought they were water marks or something, but no luck, they don't wipe off and metal polish stuff didn't help either. Guess I'm stuck with some late friday afternoon version of the HF2, not sure if that's been described yet. Anyway, they sound great as expected, but still disappointing.

Oct 7, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #454 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Schu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Checked the tracking info and mine was just delivered! Now I've got to get home - Fast. I was on the waiting list so I'm pretty happy I got in.

Congrats and enjoy your new Grados, it will be interesting when you compare them to your other cans especially the RS1. As for me, the RS1 is being neglected and the HF2 getting all the action and I'm still deciding if its time to let go of the woodies.

Oct 7, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #455 of 657
Thanks! Yeah, when I initially tried these out for 10-15 minutes at CanJam I wasn't real impressed and that's why I waited until the end to order. With all the glowing reviews I figured I had not given them the requisite listening time even though my first impressions of phones usually dictate if I'll like them in the end. My favorite phones are the RS-1's and the PK-1's so the comparison will be interesting.

Oct 7, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #456 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by JJDyn0mite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SN# 507, pretty cool because my boys are 5 and 7 years old. I'm VERY easy to please and not in any way picky, but I have to admit I was disappointed with the appearance of mine. Several nicks on the metal which I could live with, but there are also these big swirly defects all over the writing on both cups which was the first thing I saw through the windows on the box, I thought they were water marks or something, but no luck, they don't wipe off and metal polish stuff didn't help either. Guess I'm stuck with some late friday afternoon version of the HF2, not sure if that's been described yet. Anyway, they sound great as expected, but still disappointing.

I think strid3r had similar defects to yours. I dont know what happened to his but yea...

Oct 8, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #459 of 657
finally you and chungster are gettin them
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #461 of 657
Thanks! I'm quite happy with how fast customs shipped them out to me, even if they charged me $82.50.

Looks like it won't be long until you get yours too Chungster
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 8, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #464 of 657
#SN 425 just arrived yesterday. Got home late from work and finally getting a chance to listen early this morning. Simply amazing. Even straight out of the box, definitely an upgrade from my older SR-325's. Been listening into the wee hours. Much better balanced than my other Grados. Wow! I need to wake up for work in 4 hours. I don't think I'll be able to sleep.

A big thanks to John Grado,Todd and Head-Fi for making the HF-2 available for the fortunate few to admire and enjoy! Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back