Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread
May 4, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #513 of 9,715
May 4, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #514 of 9,715
Yeah, I was aware of the split. It was kind of inevitable I felt, the music is so diverse. It must have been incredibly difficult to decide which direction to go from that album. It's sad but I'm glad I found them. If you had something special, it doesn't matter how long it lasts.

It's not my type of music at all, but it appealed to me because it was so different and not genre specific and I'm guessing that's what ended their project. Musical differences.​

Last edited:
May 4, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #515 of 9,715
  Yeah, I was aware of the split. It was kind of inevitable I felt, the music is so diverse. It must have been incredibly difficult to decide which direction to go from that album. It's sad but I'm glad I found them. If you had something special, it doesn't matter how long it lasts. 

It's not my type of music at all, but it appealed to me because it was so different and not genre specific and I'm guessing that's what ended their project. Musical differences.

The singer, Sam Dew, is the one that left the band. I really like his voice (kinda reminds me of Terence Trent D'arby's). I've been listening to his "Damn Sue" EP on spotify (can't find it on bandcamp etc), and it's pretty good/interesting (even though it's not exactly my kind of music).

Anyway, this is Cloudeater's previous album Sun and Sidearm, which I'm really enjoying it as well:

https://cloudeater.bandcamp.com/album/sun-and-sidearm

May 4, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #516 of 9,715
Yeah, I got Sun & Sidearm as well. That's what annoys me, as good an effort as that is (it's solid) I think there's a jump to Purge, it's just darker in context (there were glimpses of what was to come MM5, title track on S&S ).

It just makes me wonder how far they could have gone musically rather than sales. It's a huge shame. Didn't know about the solo stuff, might check that out tomorrow.​

Last edited:
May 4, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #519 of 9,715
Soundtrack/orchestral

Dexter Britain

May 4, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #520 of 9,715
Psytrance/dance

Pulsewave

(Apologise if it's been posted, I haven't been on here for a while)

May 4, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #521 of 9,715
  Oh the last one was great. Anyone who likes this should check it out too!

Yup, I loved her previous outing to bits.
But, imho, the production quality of the new one is a little off.
But easily made up by the abundance of talents all over the new one.

May 4, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #522 of 9,715
  Yup, I loved her previous outing to bits.
But, imho, the production quality of the new one is a little off.
But easily made up by the abundance of talents all over the new one.

Haven't heard it yet but just noticed for some reason one song is 24 bit and the rest are 16.

May 5, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #523 of 9,715

Haven't heard it yet but just noticed for some reason one song is 24 bit and the rest are 16.

Yeah, less 24 bit goodness on the new one.
Also, I take back what I said about it being off, the flacs sounded fine on foorbar2k player.

May 5, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #524 of 9,715
  Jazz

Lauren Desberg

Damn, that's good
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back