Official ATH-ES7 Thread
Jan 27, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #181 of 542
Brand new member of the ATH-ES7 club here!

es7-1.jpg

es7-2.jpg

Love them already after only a few hours of listening. Bought from Warehouse123, very fast shipping too. Bought these to upgrade from a pair of AKG k414p, not disappointed so far
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 2, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #182 of 542
Hey Squiresire. I noticed that you have the Predator. I just ordered the P-51 Mustang and would like to know how you like the headphone with the Predator. Is it alot different amped. I just ordered the ATH ES7 and can't wait.

Feb 2, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #183 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirsier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love them already after only a few hours of listening

lol i didn't start to love them until after 300+ hours of loud pink noise burn-in. Now I'm really lovin' it!

Feb 2, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #184 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Eye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Squiresire. I noticed that you have the Predator. I just ordered the P-51 Mustang and would like to know how you like the headphone with the Predator. Is it alot different amped. I just ordered the ATH ES7 and can't wait.

I honestly cannot really answer this one, as I have yet to listen to the ES7 w/o the amp... But usually, with almost all my other pair of headphones, you're looking at a better soundstage (not a dramatic change, but slightly better), and way tighter frequencies from the bottom to the top...
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #186 of 542
I spent a few hours reading through this awesome site chock full of great information b/c my wife just had ear surgery and can't listen to ear buds anymore and wanted CANS that go over the ears. I had narrowed it down to Equation R-21 or the ATH-ES7 based on the budget and she preferred the look of the ES7s so I ordered them this weekend. Now I think I effed up royally because I somehow missed that the ES7s aren't circum-aural. I just assumed because they were listed as "closed" that they were. Anyway, she only listened to them for 20 minutes and said it hurts her ears too much. She wanted a pair that goes OVER the ears. So my options are now to try and sell them (the place I ordered from has a 20% restocking fee so eff that) to someone that wants a new pair or try and do some sort of modification. But I'm not very confident in modifying, and who knows if that will fix her discomfort. I'm in NYC. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thank you.

Feb 10, 2009 at 9:26 AM Post #191 of 542
The genuine bag has no logo on it. The logo is on a small cloth tab attached to the side. Genuine pads are thicker with very few creases. The genuine adjustment rods inside the headband are thicker than in your picture. The strain relief on the wire entering the earpieces has no striations on a genuine pair.

Feb 12, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #194 of 542
i posted up a link for buy.com under 100 dollars w/ free shipping in another thread. maybe u saw it. i posted it up because buy.com is a reputable and legit site, i highly doubt they would sell fakes there.

Feb 12, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #195 of 542
I would trust buy.com. I think I remember reading that someone got a fake from buy.com, but even if that were true, buy.com probably fixed their mistake.

I think it's easier to spot fakes in pictures once you've owned a real pair for a while. To the guy who posted those pictures, I can also say that the design of the headband is wrong, the cups shouldn't be rounded at the edges, the sides of the cups should look like brushed metal, and the stress reliefs should be smooth and not perforated or whatever you call it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back