Obscure Chinese DAPs
Feb 11, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #4,411 of 8,152
I found a powerpoint manual from Xunsound XS01 and say this about two outputs:

PO_OUT: 适合接耳塞(300欧内);
LO_OUT: 适合接车载AUX,功放,做音源用,有超低阻
的耳塞,比如12欧或15欧的耳塞也可以接;

Google translator say this:

PO_OUT: suitable for earplugs (300 Euro)
LO_OUT: suitable for car AUX, amplifier, audio source, with ultra-low resistance
Earplugs, such as 12 Europe or 15 Europe earplugs can also be connected;

So it seems that the LO output, apart from line output, can be used for sensitive headphones due to its ultra low resistance.

Feb 11, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #4,412 of 8,152
Get the new items the Xunsound XS01 and F Audio S1! Here together with Ruizu A50, front and back
Here with same carrying case, provided with both XS01and S1. Buttons and display looks same. S1 is screwless, with acrylic finish on front and back very well made. Edges not rounded but not too sharp. XS01 has rounded edges in height, but on top and bottom edges are rough and quite sharp, where the removable panels are. So I want to look inside XS01... the
Opamps are Opa627ap, and notice the embossed writing under the play/pause button, says PALY/pause haha.

First observations... both no have gapless playback, S1 have Bluetooth, equalizer (so so quality, and anyway I never use EQ) and an "in" jack that I don't know for what, and resume play working well.
XS01 is more audiophile, no BT and no EQ, two out jacks, a PO out very powerful and a LO out made for sensitive, low impedance phones, actually too weak for my Ultimate Ears ue900s, so I go with PO (that I can't use at max volume, too high!)
The UI is simple on both, S1 is little more complicated due to the lack of power on-off menu and back buttons, the central button works as power on-off by long press, play-pause by click and menu access by short press (around half second) while the left button works as Back (the right button is delete song when in the track list)
A drawback in XS01 is rew-ff, it depends on track lenght... the longer is the now playing track the faster is rew-ff speed! In case of long tracks, 30-60 or more minutes, rew-ff may skip several minutes every second making it uncontrollable, and elapsed time indicator become wrong... Another downside of XS01is resume play not supported... is selectable in menu on or off, but if is set off when turn on the player restarts from the first track in the folder ; if set on restarts from begin of track that was listening to, not from the point where the track was interrupted. Hope a firmware update...
Display clear with white writing, not blue as it may appear on pictures.
Very first impression on SQ... S1 is very good, XS01 is great, that makes forgive the downsides!

Hey!

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I, myself, am very curious about the s1 and I hesitate a lot about ordering it (60 usd is still an investment for me)
I just have some questions, if you wouldn't mind :
-Can it be used as a dac with a smartphone/pc?
-Can it be used as an amplifier?
-How's battery life on this thing? Does it really reach 30h+ of listening?
-Are there dedicated buttons for volumes? And regardless, can you change volume without waking up the screen?
-Is the SQ on this player really good, or just "good for the price"? Could you please compare it with the a50 in terms of sq, or any other cheap dap like a benjie or anything similar if you own them? (I own a zishan z1 and a fiio q1, and I'd like a sound similar to q1 which I really like)

Your answers to these questions will decide whether or not I will purchase this product.

Thanks a lot!

Feb 11, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #4,413 of 8,152
Hey!

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I, myself, am very curious about the s1 and I hesitate a lot about ordering it (60 usd is still an investment for me)
I just have some questions, if you wouldn't mind :
-Can it be used as a dac with a smartphone/pc?
-Can it be used as an amplifier?
-How's battery life on this thing? Does it really reach 30h+ of listening?
-Are there dedicated buttons for volumes? And regardless, can you change volume without waking up the screen?
-Is the SQ on this player really good, or just "good for the price"? Could you please compare it with the a50 in terms of sq, or any other cheap dap like a benjie or anything similar if you own them? (I own a zishan z1 and a fiio q1, and I'd like a sound similar to q1 which I really like)

Your answers to these questions will decide whether or not I will purchase this product.

Thanks a lot!
Hi, S1 and A50 are both very well built, about S1:
- No dac with pc+smartphone (A50 can do with smartphone , only Android)
- Yes, has an "in" jack
- Battery life not tested yet fully, I used it 5-6 hours and indicator is still full, and first charge I am not sure if it was 100%, seems promising (I am still testing also the XS-01)
- Yes, has own buttons for volume + -, they wakes up screen (I don't see as problem, screen is small simple Oled no album art etc. unlike A50, minimal battery drain)
- More difficult to answer precisely, the A50 seems to have a sharp roll-off above 10khz or so, lessening the sense of air on very high frequencies. S1is better about this, highs are more extended and airy. No big difference in other frequency ranges, so I can say A50's SQ is good for the price, I mean nice and enjoyable, S1's SQ is... more! (both are beaten by XS-01, clearer highs and expecially deepier and punchier sub bass, but it also cost twice!)
I use S1 for jogging because is smaller, lighter and with longer battery life, XS-01 for travel or walking around, I keep A50 for replacement if S1 has problem (can't go jogging without music!)

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #4,414 of 8,152
I bought the 320 last week for the 4.0 BT/speaker feature. I'll post some thoughts when I get it in a week or 2. I bought mine on ebay for under $25. Look back a couple of post to see the link.
The link i found is for the M350 version. I have no idea what the difference is apart from price, but both appear on Banggood also.
M350 https://www.banggood.com/Mahdi-M350...GB-Metal-Lossless-Music-Player-p-1241392.html
M320 https://www.banggood.com/Mahdi-M320...Support-Recording-E-book-TF-FM-p-1241379.html

Edited.
The M350 version on Banggood does not seem to have Bluetooth or Speaker.
Also the M350 version on Ebay seems to be the same as the M320 on Banggood

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #4,415 of 8,152
I saw the 350 and noticed no bluetooth, so I opted for the 320 instead. I hope to get it this week. Can't wait. My first DAP with BT 4.0.

Feb 13, 2018 at 5:45 AM Post #4,416 of 8,152
Received my Zishan Z2 saturday. Loaded some DSD-music on a micro SD and listened to breathtaking detail en transparancy compared with my FiiO x3 (first gen.) What a bargain! My Grado SR60i comes really to life. If you are on a small budget than this player is worth the full € 34 I paid for it. The power is also enormous compared to my X3. Now I can really hear the difference in room and detail between my Koss Porta Pro and the Grado.

Feb 13, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #4,417 of 8,152
I got an email from Hidizs:

What makes Hidizs DH1000 different with other Amplifiers?
Most other amplifiers use one DAC for both left and right channel. Hidizs DH1000 used two top-level ES9018K2M DACs for each channel to make sure the signals will not interference each other. Not only this, but we also designed two LPF and OPA module (Both integrated into the ES9601K AMP) for each left and right channel to ensures the best channel separation (120dB for both 2.5mm and 3.5mm headphone jacks) and SRN (122dB). It means DH1000 can provide you with a clearer and purer sound than other amplifiers.

Feb 13, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #4,419 of 8,152
I got an email from Hidizs:

What makes Hidizs DH1000 different with other Amplifiers?
Most other amplifiers use one DAC for both left and right channel. Hidizs DH1000 used two top-level ES9018K2M DACs for each channel to make sure the signals will not interference each other. Not only this, but we also designed two LPF and OPA module (Both integrated into the ES9601K AMP) for each left and right channel to ensures the best channel separation (120dB for both 2.5mm and 3.5mm headphone jacks) and SRN (122dB). It means DH1000 can provide you with a clearer and purer sound than other amplifiers.

Welp

Can't wait to hear it.

IT is a DAC/AMP, but surely it will be a fun ride.

Since it doesn't have any software or software updates, I think it'll be much better received than their AP200 DAP..

Feb 13, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #4,420 of 8,152
Welp

Can't wait to hear it.

IT is a DAC/AMP, but surely it will be a fun ride.

Since it doesn't have any software or software updates, I think it'll be much better received than their AP200 DAP..

Happily listening right now with my AP200. Really good DAP

Feb 13, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #4,421 of 8,152
Happily listening right now with my AP200. Really good DAP

Oh, I agree, it is a good DAP.

I just noticed that people aren't as good at waiting for new featrures like I am. Think about Hiby link, or USB Output, it will come, but until it does, some people ping about it to make sure it will be here in time.

Thinking that DH1000 doesn't have such software dependencies, it should be free of such pings :smile_phones:

Feb 13, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #4,422 of 8,152
I am glad to see Hidizs is going a different route with the DH1000, I may have purchased an AP200 if were not a Crowdfunded project. After being ripped off by fraudulent kickstarter and Indiegogo campaigns, I will not crowdfund another campaign from those sites.. Oh yeah, the jury is still out on whether the Geek Wave will ever be delivered... With that said, on a technica basis I am excited for the DH1000 .. I hope they get it right ... Price and Specs...

Feb 13, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #4,423 of 8,152
Improving my Xunsound XS-01... My earphones have a big, long L-plug, and I concerned about bump and shocks on it that may damage the connector :
IMG_20180212_225855.jpg
So I made a support to protect it, also it prevents the plug to rotate as it is glued to the player:
IMG_20180213_182236.jpg
IMG_20180213_195054.jpg
Maybe not beautiful, but it works!
About the player, it sounds simply great. The downsides are lack of resume play and no gapless play. It also cuts the beginning of tracks in WAV by about one second, very annoying and clearly hearable in gapless albums, I tried to convert one in Mp3 320k and FLAC (level 0) and no more cuts, the gap is very short in FLAC. Yes, now I convert all WAV files in FLAC, with Foobar 2000 it's fast.

Feb 14, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #4,425 of 8,152

Users who are viewing this thread

Back