Obscure Chinese DAPs
Feb 5, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #4,382 of 8,150
What’s the best daps for price to sound ratio out there at the moment? I’m very impressed with zishan z2.

Feb 5, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #4,383 of 8,150
The whole line of Benjie / AGPtEK in the 8 Gb under $25 configuration is a good contender for a price to sound ratio. But seriously, if you're happy with a pair of old soup cans and a string then $25 can seem expensive. Alternatively if you have a home stereo that costs more than most people earn in a year you wouldn't be happy with the sound from something costing less than a grand so wouldn't consider the ratio acceptable if they recommended say a $200 player.

Feb 5, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #4,384 of 8,150
Benjie/AGPTek gives you a ton for your money and the UI is improving compared to early models. They still don't have the polish of the Fiio, Cayin, Shanling offerings but for the price difference that is certainly to be expected. I think the other place that the Fiio, Cayin, and Shanling really outshine the Benjie/AGPtek models is in the output stages. I used a Benjie K9 for awhile and when paired with a Fiio E07k it did really well. When trying to use the K9 without an external amp, anything over 16 Ohms was probably pushing it pretty hard and anything over 32 was an absolute no-go.

Feb 5, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #4,385 of 8,150
So you have the Agptek Rocker, which is the same as the Benjie T6 as I understand....so what is the Benjie equivalent of the Rocker V2?

About ready to pull the trigger on one of these. I'd rather go with the Benjie model and save some money but if it's worth it to spend the extra on the Rocker V2 I'll do that.

Feb 5, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #4,386 of 8,150
So you have the Agptek Rocker, which is the same as the Benjie T6 as I understand....so what is the Benjie equivalent of the Rocker V2?

About ready to pull the trigger on one of these. I'd rather go with the Benjie model and save some money but if it's worth it to spend the extra on the Rocker V2 I'll do that.
As far as I know the answer to your question is the Benjie T6. From what I've seen the case was changed to a more round edged design. That's what makes a V2. Same components inside and newer firmware. But since the updated firmware can be installed on the older square edged version the shape of the edges of the case is the sole difference. I have version 1.2 of the AGPtEK firmware (which is the V2 version) running just fine on my V1 Benjie version bought for $40-something on 11.11 from an aliexpress.com seller just fine. I'd prefer that the case had rounded edges, but I wouldn't pay the $20+ price difference (currently $69 at Amazon USA) to get the rounded case.

Feb 6, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #4,388 of 8,150
Has anybody tried either Mahdi M320 or Mahdi M220?
The M320 i was about to purchase, and decided i had better ask here first in case somebody has tried and wouldn't recommend it.
Mahdi M320 with Bluetooth 4.0 https://www.banggood.com/Mahdi-M320...Support-Recording-E-book-TF-FM-p-1241379.html
Mahdi M220 https://www.banggood.com/Mahdi-M220...ook-Clock-Music-Player-Speaker-p-1241393.html

I bought the 320 last week for the 4.0 BT/speaker feature. I'll post some thoughts when I get it in a week or 2. I bought mine on ebay for under $25. Look back a couple of post to see the link.

Feb 7, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #4,389 of 8,150
hello, this is my first post, i just received my f.audio fa1 and i am very disappointed. I have several dap and it is by far the worst, I do not know if my dap is defective but I have some question I have a dozen decouteur and he has misere a driver my grado hf2, hey he does not drive my he560, even thing with my beyer dt1350 it is normal? my colorfly c10 and my pioneer xdp play much better. there is also a popping noise. I tried whit balance able the sound is less strong? I would have thought the opposite ..

Feb 7, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #4,391 of 8,150
My review on Megamini DAP is live now!

At 100$ , it really makes competition for other Chinese DAPs, especially at the sound level! LEaving aside the fact that it is a minimalistic ultraportable DAP, this sounds so extremely sweet, that you really need to hear it before you understand why I love it so much!

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hifiman-megamini.21855/reviews#review-19844

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.ro/2018/02/hifiman-megamini-super-mini-power.html

HIFIMAN-Megamini-Review-Photo-14.jpg

Feb 7, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #4,393 of 8,150
I've bee told shozy has a number of great upcoming daps. I wish the above dap had a small OLED screen

Megamini? Or Shozy Alien+?

Megamini has a nice screen, but I think it is best it is not OLED. I have a Cowon J3 from over the ears, and the OLED part clearly got broken after one year, it was visible to the naked eye that the screen was having ghosting and burn-in

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #4,394 of 8,150
Shozy Zero with a screen??

Feb 8, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #4,395 of 8,150
I just bought an AGPTek H50 off Amazon, and while it sounds great I've also found some bugs so far.
I saw the firmware update post on the AGPTek website but the instructions are incorrect, the audio tools software doesn't let me select a .HEX file. Anybody else using this and managed to get a firmware update going?
I like the size and shape but I've already found two cases where it completely locks up. I wish these were more hackable, I'd love to do custom firmware on them ):

Users who are viewing this thread

Back