Obscure Chinese DAPs
Feb 14, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #4,426 of 8,150
The link i found is for the M350 version. I have no idea what the difference is apart from price, but both appear on Banggood also.
M350 https://www.banggood.com/Mahdi-M350...GB-Metal-Lossless-Music-Player-p-1241392.html
M320 https://www.banggood.com/Mahdi-M320...Support-Recording-E-book-TF-FM-p-1241379.html

Edited.
The M350 version on Banggood does not seem to have Bluetooth or Speaker.
Also the M350 version on Ebay seems to be the same as the M320 on Banggood

Got the 320 last night, RF. Nice small factor. A lot better than said in those amazon reviews. I'll post a very brief review in a couple of days. All I'll say is this player has a natural neutral sound. No coloring here folks.

Feb 14, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #4,427 of 8,150
Got an email from HiBy:

Dear friends,

Thank you so much for your support; we’ve been focused on the production of HiBy R6 since the closure of our crowdfunding, and it is partially done. Some early bird buyers might have already received their orders as the shipping is gradually taking place.

As the leading Android HiFi Player on the market, both audio quality and performance of HiBy R6 are highly acclaimed by media for the audio production professional. Check out R6 reviews and ratings written by renowned audio experts.

Score: 9.2 / 10 “A truly Excellent digital media player ...” - Headfonics

“Full Bass without going overboard, crisp mids and highs - a very balanced sound overall” - Forbes

“I think it’s one of the best Android players you can buy in terms of pure sound, and it’s maybe the best in terms of speed and UI.”— Headfonia

We are still offering an incredible deal (up to 16% off/ worldwide shipping included) on Indiegogo indemand, and all shipment will be fulfilled in March. If you have not yet experienced the jaw-dropping performance by Hiby R6, get it on IGG now!

Feb 14, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #4,428 of 8,150
I am glad to see Hidizs is going a different route with the DH1000, I may have purchased an AP200 if were not a Crowdfunded project. After being ripped off by fraudulent kickstarter and Indiegogo campaigns, I will not crowdfund another campaign from those sites.. Oh yeah, the jury is still out on whether the Geek Wave will ever be delivered... With that said, on a technica basis I am excited for the DH1000 .. I hope they get it right ... Price and Specs...

Crowdfunding can be really good for some companies, you just got to be careful. It looks like LH labs are still posting updates, so they didn't disappear.

Feb 14, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #4,429 of 8,150
Crowdfunding can be really good for some companies, you just got to be careful. It looks like LH labs are still posting updates, so they didn't disappear.

I agree, and I have had several successful campaigns on Kickstarter. But both companies, DO NOTHING, when a campaign owner is seeking to defraud the supporters. I had an Indiegogo in 2016 for a bluetooth speaker where the owner took the money and ran, without a single project update. Indiegogo did nothing. Of course these entities take their money up front from the campaign donations, so they are always protected 100%.

Enough on crowdfunding .. lets concentrate on energy on the new Hidizs amplifier! I have high hopes for this device!!

Feb 14, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #4,430 of 8,150
I agree, and I have had several successful campaigns on Kickstarter. But both companies, DO NOTHING, when a campaign owner is seeking to defraud the supporters. I had an Indiegogo in 2016 for a bluetooth speaker where the owner took the money and ran, without a single project update. Indiegogo did nothing. Of course these entities take their money up front from the campaign donations, so they are always protected 100%.

Enough on crowdfunding .. lets concentrate on energy on the new Hidizs amplifier! I have high hopes for this device!!

I'll have it in my hands soon and be able to compare it to FiiO Q5, which is currently one of the best DAC/AMP units I have, next to iFi Nano iDSD BL (The Micro BL being larger in size than all of those )

Feb 14, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #4,431 of 8,150
I'll have it in my hands soon and be able to compare it to FiiO Q5, which is currently one of the best DAC/AMP units I have, next to iFi Nano iDSD BL (The Micro BL being larger in size than all of those )

I am looking forward to your review! I looked at the Q5 and thought the to performance ratio wasn't that good. I have also been quite interested in the iFi Nano. So, yeah, looking forward to your review and comparison! Thank you!

Feb 16, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #4,434 of 8,150
Just ordered the Hommie j2..... hopefully it's going to be a good player, Dont expect the world for around £25. Been storing lots of Cds onto my Agptek Imp, via ad cards.....and also the Acoustic solutions look a like , with fixed internal 128gb memory...and Bluetooth.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #4,435 of 8,150
Feb 17, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #4,437 of 8,150
Feb 17, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #4,438 of 8,150
It seems to also go by the name Soaiy SA-708. There are a couple of other similarly styled Soaiy players but none are currently available, probably because of Chinese New Year?

https://item.jd.com/11383549285.html
It looks like my Google Translation is coming up with "Sony" rather than "Soaiy" so perhaps it's not as misleading as I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back