Obscure Chinese DAPs
Feb 19, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #4,442 of 8,144
I also received an Xunsound XS-01 last week.

I was initially stricken with panic for the first couple of days as it did not want to recognise any of my SD cards. after accidently dropping it on the floor everything seems to work fine! it doesn't seem to want to play MP4's but I don't have many of them anyway.

great sounding player especially with TinAudio T2's... desperately want to give it a go with the Havi B3's but they require a bit of repairing at the mo!

Feb 19, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #4,444 of 8,144
Feb 19, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #4,445 of 8,144
I also received an Xunsound XS-01 last week.

I was initially stricken with panic for the first couple of days as it did not want to recognise any of my SD cards. after accidently dropping it on the floor everything seems to work fine! it doesn't seem to want to play MP4's but I don't have many of them anyway.

great sounding player especially with TinAudio T2's... desperately want to give it a go with the Havi B3's but they require a bit of repairing at the mo!

Sometimes it take a little "love"

hammer2.gif

Feb 19, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #4,446 of 8,144
I did not find reviews for the Zishan nor comparations with the Walnut. My library is FLAC 24/48 and I usually use IEMs. Which one do you recommend for clarity? I checked many Aliexpress pages and looks like both can be used as a "sound card" , do they work well? Thanks!

Feb 20, 2018 at 12:45 AM Post #4,448 of 8,144
I'm thinking of picking up the AGPtek H3, which would be my first DAP outside of an iPhone/iPod. Has anyone else been able to try it and would recommend it?
There was mention about a month ago in the form of just got it will review soon but I don't remember seeing a review. I recently picked up the Hidizs AP60 MKII from Amazon for about the same price and I'm delighted with this player. I have old, as in Bluetooth v 2.something, headphones and they work fine with the unit but I have no idea about AptX but don't know how important that feature is to you.

Feb 20, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #4,449 of 8,144
I'm thinking of picking up the AGPtek H3, which would be my first DAP outside of an iPhone/iPod. Has anyone else been able to try it and would recommend it?

I have it about over a month and i am still very excited with it. vverything works flawless. The overall build quality is good. No Problems with gapless and highres-files. And most important the sound quality is very good. My Ruizu A50 can't compete with it, even though i was quite pleased with it. I can't imagine anything better for that price.

Feb 20, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #4,450 of 8,144
I have it about over a month and i am still very excited with it. vverything works flawless. The overall build quality is good. No Problems with gapless and highres-files. And most important the sound quality is very good. My Ruizu A50 can't compete with it, even though i was quite pleased with it. I can't imagine anything better for that price.

Amazing! What files work best on it?

Feb 20, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #4,451 of 8,144
I see the AGPtek H3 is now listed as unavailable on UK Amazon. It is still listed on US Amazon but the price seems rather high compared to what it was originally in the UK.

Feb 20, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #4,452 of 8,144
There was mention about a month ago in the form of just got it will review soon but I don't remember seeing a review. I recently picked up the Hidizs AP60 MKII from Amazon for about the same price and I'm delighted with this player. I have old, as in Bluetooth v 2.something, headphones and they work fine with the unit but I have no idea about AptX but don't know how important that feature is to you.

I agree... I'm still amazed at what this cost, and how good it is.

Feb 20, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #4,454 of 8,144
Today I got the new 2600 mAh battery that I bought here to improve battery life in Zishan Z3:

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Free...rgeable-battery-Rechargeable/32828290043.html
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Free...rgeable-battery-Rechargeable/32828290043.html

And also F.Audio S1:

I have measured maximum voltages at different impedances of S1:

0.953V 100 Ohms
0.800V 32 Ohms
1.050V without impedance

The output impedance measured at 1KHz is 9.3 Ohms, a better value than Z3 Rout 100 Ohms.

The voltages measured of Z3 are:

1.743V 100 Ohms
0.646V 32 Ohms
3.96V without impedance

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #4,455 of 8,144
NOTE: If anyone here owns an Xduoo X2 and is frustrated with its 100 subfolder limit, I think I may know a way to remedy that!

It's actually really simple:
  • First of all make sure the folders are organized alphabetically, now take chunks of those folders (the amount of folders is up to you) and put them into another folder.
  • These new folders are then appropriately named by the alphabetical range of the chucks/groups of folders.
  • For example if one chunk of folders started with the folder "Adele" and ended with the folder "Deadmau5", the resulting new folder containing those folders could then be named "A-D".
  • Of course all is easier said than done, so here's a screenshot of what I mean by that:
Before grouping:

Xjl5IS9.png

After grouping:

EVuYmEJ.png

Get it now? It's quite an effective way to alleviate this folder limit in my opinion.

NOTE: Xduoo X2 does not support any kind of sorting method, so in order for your folders to be sorted alphabetically you'll need to download DriveSort and follow the instructions on this post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back