xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Nov 10, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #2,011 of 2,087
Sorry for activating his semi-dead thread, but is it true that the X2 is best suitable for cans and IEMs with more impedance? I mainly listen to my KZ ED9 and ATE, which are low ohm budget IEMs, and I was afraid that the X2 might overpower them and make them sound bad (eg. distorted bass, piercing highs).
Buy it no issues.

Nov 10, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #2,013 of 2,087
Been lurking for a while, finally registered.,... are there any issues with the x2? should i look at rockboxing it?> or using stock software?

Asking because i may purchase a new DAP tomorrow (11.11 sale)
Issue with buttons was fixed in the new versions. Interface is not so user friendly. Only stock software.

Nov 10, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #2,014 of 2,087
Nov 10, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #2,015 of 2,087
Just bought it from Gearbest for US $33.99, which is the cheapest price I've ever encountered for the X2. Can't wait to get it :)
SInce recently my Xduoo X3 died right now I have to fall back on X2 and besides the UI I have no fuss at all about this little guy.

Also, check what firmware version it comes with. I am running v7.0 2015_08_08 which sounds about right. Earlier versions had issues. I don't know is it's the latest, didn't bother to check.

Nov 22, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #2,016 of 2,087
SInce recently my Xduoo X3 died right now I have to fall back on X2 and besides the UI I have no fuss at all about this little guy.

Also, check what firmware version it comes with. I am running v7.0 2015_08_08 which sounds about right. Earlier versions had issues. I don't know is it's the latest, didn't bother to check.
Yes, v7.0 is the latest one. I'm running my x2 with v6.0 firmware. There were some rumours that v7.0 changes the output SQ. Better or worse I don't still know but I opted not to fiddle with it, I love it as it is.

Dec 3, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #2,018 of 2,087
I just won a new one of these for £20 on eBay. Was looking for a x3 but saw this at a low price and pulled the trigger

Dec 5, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #2,021 of 2,087

How do you find x2 compared to x3?Is x3 worth the extra price?

Dec 6, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #2,023 of 2,087
My x2 has arrived and its charging as I type. Seems to have good build quality. How does it compare to colorfly c3 sound wise?

Jan 1, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #2,025 of 2,087
ATTENTION: To all who are frustrated with the random folder arrangement, there is a really easy solution to re-arrange all your folders alphabetically!

1. Download DriveSort
  2. Open your SD Card directory in DriveSort
  3. Press CTRL+F and it'll sort all your folders alphabetically when viewed inside the X2
  4. Press CTRL+S to save [dunno if that's necessary]
  5. You're done! Now all your folders (which I assume are your artists) will be arranged alphabetically!
So if you want to sort your folders alphabetically, get DriveSort.

P.S. Seeing that this software was mentioned only like 3-4 times in this thread, and seeing how often people complain about this (myself included), I believe that this is definitely something that should be mentioned again, if not many times again. I hope that this post was helpful to any future X2 owners out there, and hope that this will eventually pop up on Google when someone types in "how to sort songs alphabetically on XDuoo X2" or something like that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back