xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Mar 19, 2018 at 6:55 AM Post #2,041 of 2,087
Guys, I'm thinking on buying the x2 or the x3, I've been reading this thread for some time and almost decided that worth the extra 50 bucks.
For what I hear the x2 has some issues, if any of you guys can confirm this for me.

- The problem with the FLAC tags still persists? Some posts from 2015 says that it had a firmware update that solved this, but user's were not allowed to update, true?
- How good is the UI on the x3 comparing to the x2? I mean, the problems with the 100 limit sub-folders exist too?! There's gapless playback? When I pause a track, when I play again it starts from the begining?
- SQ is way better in the x3? I'll use it on a IEM Tennmak pro 10 and on a ATH-M50X. I think the tennmak is very balanced for a 25$ IEM.
- Firmware updates are frequent on the x3? It's better to used stock or rockboxed?

I'll read more about it to see if some of those questions already had been answered, and read on other posts about the x3 exclusively.

I personally prefer the SQ of the X2 ... lots of clarity and detail, I find the X3 a bit too smooth for my liking. The UI is no frills but easy to get used to. I found no probs in upgrading my FW but I'd have thought that if you buy one now it will have the newest FW version anyway.
there have been no FW updates for X3, there were 7 for X2 I think. The X3 was rockboxed and that fixed almost everything. you may prefer rockbox UI and functionality.

Mar 19, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #2,042 of 2,087
So after listening to the X2 for nearly 4 months, I think I've finally come to terms with its limited and ummodifiable EQ options. In fact I'm actually quite impressed with the level of control the EQ has over the sound, I suspect they're using a 7-band equalizer instead of the typical 4 or 5 band ones on other MP3s and smartphones.

Based on my personal judgement, I have written a detailed sound description and analysis for every EQ preset on the X2 if anyone is interested. The ones with the star are my favourite presets.

:star: Rock Preset: Bass upfront, vocals behind, airy highs
  • Increases sub-bass and mid-bass
  • Increases low-mids
  • Slightly decreases high-mids
  • Slightly decreaseslower treble
  • Increases upper treble

Pop Preset: Warm sound with upfront vocals
  • Increases low-mids
  • Increases increases high-mids
  • Decreases lower treble
  • Decreases upper treble
Classic Preset: Warm sound without upfront vocals
  • Increases low-mids
  • Decreases increases high-mids
  • Decreases lower treble
  • Decreases upper treble
Soft Preset: Forward low-mids and high-mids, both top and low end are recessed
  • Decreases sub-bass and (slightly) mid-bass
  • Increases low-mids
  • Increases increase high-mids
  • Slightly decreases lower treble
  • Decreases upper treble
:star: Jazz Preset: Forward clear vocals, crisp treble
  • Increases sub-bass
  • Decreases mid-bass
  • Slightly decreases low-mids
  • Slightly decreases high-mids
  • Increases lower treble
  • Slightly decreases upper treble

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #2,043 of 2,087
Wow I can't believe that this thing can go from completely dead to a full charge within only 20 minutes :astonished:

May 8, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #2,044 of 2,087
Dctt3rsVQAAs_7N.jpg

Decided to dust this off after not touching it since the second day I bought it. I really like the sound. Maybe more than my shanling m1. Build quality and UI is complete trash though lol. Might pick up an XQ-10 to try and get a similar sound with some other devices.

Apr 8, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #2,047 of 2,087
So now that the X2 has been around for 4 years, I want to know how reliable/durable it has been for owners. Anyone care to post their experiences with the X2? Has it been durable and lasted a long time? Or did it eventually die on you?

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #2,048 of 2,087
So now that the X2 has been around for 4 years, I want to know how reliable/durable it has been for owners. Anyone care to post their experiences with the X2? Has it been durable and lasted a long time? Or did it eventually die on you?
My first player died within 6 months of purchase due to unknown reasons. Thankfully the Indian retailer from whom I had purchased the player was prompt to provide a replacement.
The second one I have since almost 3.5 years, and worked well. Just recently facing loose connection issue with the 3.5mm jack, but that's a minor issue and more of a wear and tear one. I may fix that with a small DIY.

Apr 9, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #2,049 of 2,087
My first player died within 6 months of purchase due to unknown reasons. Thankfully the Indian retailer from whom I had purchased the player was prompt to provide a replacement.
The second one I have since almost 3.5 years, and worked well. Just recently facing loose connection issue with the 3.5mm jack, but that's a minor issue and more of a wear and tear one. I may fix that with a small DIY.

I had the same problem with the jack and stopped using it... I really miss that little mother****er (nice sq)

Can you tell me how to replace the jack? Thanks!

Apr 9, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #2,050 of 2,087
I had the same problem with the jack and stopped using it... I really miss that little mother****er (nice sq)

Can you tell me how to replace the jack? Thanks!
Very straight forward if you have done some soldering before. You need to find a replacement jack of the same specifications first. De-solder previous one, and solder the new one in place. You're done.
As for me I am unable to find the replacement jack at cheap, at my place. So I will probably do some workaround like soldering a female 3.5mm plug there cut from a male to female 3.5mm cable. It will stick out of the player but at least restore its functionality.

Apr 18, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #2,051 of 2,087

My year and a half old X2 recently just died, but guess what? I ordered a second one and it just arrived today :dt880smile:

4xO66i6.jpg

Apr 18, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #2,052 of 2,087
I kept my X2 for about a year and then decided to sell it and get a Colorfly C3 - mainly because I was concerned about all the reports of the X2s bricking. This was around 3 or 4 years ago. So far, there have been no issues with my Colorfly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back