Obscure Chinese DAPs
Aug 29, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #6,361 of 8,127
best sounding inexpensive chifi player with a line/optical out?

I want to connect it to my Monolith THX portable and Xduoo Xd-05 protable amps to power my TIN P3 (on the road) and Argons (home)

I have the Zishan DSD, Activo CT-10, Shanling M0 and HiBy R3
I've also tried the Z3, Dodocool, Yuengee, bengie T2 and AP-60 Pro
I have the Monolith THX portable amp. Why don’t you use the usb in with one of th DAPs you have? Another suggestion is to use the analog in on the amp. In some ways, it actually sounds better (imho) than letting the amp decode. Give it a try, you might find you like it. Try the Zishan DSD or your R3.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #6,362 of 8,127
I really like my Ziku HD-X9, great little dap

Ha - just the bear I wanted to talk to! Do you know if it handles the following?

(1) auto shutoff (ie after 45 minutes)
(2) when it's shut off, ability to press power button (or any button) to power it up and start playing the last track that was playing, at the same spot it was last playing it?

Thanks!

Aug 30, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #6,363 of 8,127
Ha - just the bear I wanted to talk to! Do you know if it handles the following?

(1) auto shutoff (ie after 45 minutes)
(2) when it's shut off, ability to press power button (or any button) to power it up and start playing the last track that was playing, at the same spot it was last playing it?

Thanks!

To any Ziku HD-X9 owners out there... can you tell me if it handles the above?

I want to use the Ziku HD-X9 (or any inexpensive yet decent sounding DAP) to fall asleep to (hence the auto shutoff feature). If I wake up, I'd like to spark up the DAP easily by feel, and to have it resume playing the last track (but not from the beginning of the track - I listen to long trance tracks).

Does the Ziku HD-X9 handle that? Any other DAPS (inexpensive yet good sounding) that can?

Fyi, I currently am using a rockboxed X3 which unfortunately is dying on me.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #6,364 of 8,127
I just let my FiiO M3K play all night.

Aug 30, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #6,367 of 8,127
To any Ziku HD-X9 owners out there... can you tell me if it handles the above?

I want to use the Ziku HD-X9 (or any inexpensive yet decent sounding DAP) to fall asleep to (hence the auto shutoff feature). If I wake up, I'd like to spark up the DAP easily by feel, and to have it resume playing the last track (but not from the beginning of the track - I listen to long trance tracks).

Does the Ziku HD-X9 handle that? Any other DAPS (inexpensive yet good sounding) that can?

Fyi, I currently am using a rockboxed X3 which unfortunately is dying on me.

Thanks!
There is no off timer for this player

Aug 30, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #6,368 of 8,127
There is no off timer for this player

Ok, thanks my friend - the quest goes on!

mbwilson111 has pointed me in the direction of the Ruizu A50. Seems like a viable option as long as the startup time isn't too long.

Aug 30, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #6,369 of 8,127
Aug 30, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #6,370 of 8,127
I hadn't really considered that option!

When I have used my Ruizu A50 for sleeping (which was about 5 times...lol) I just left it on without using the timer. I think if it suddenly cut off in the middle of a song that would wake me. Usually at some point I would just not want the music anymore and just pull the iems out of my ears... not necessarily shutting off the player. That would depend on how asleep I am. It gets 20 hours of play...maybe a bit more.

Aug 30, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #6,373 of 8,127
Aug 30, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #6,374 of 8,127
When I have used my Ruizu A50 for sleeping (which was about 5 times...lol) I just left it on without using the timer. I think if it suddenly cut off in the middle of a song that would wake me. Usually at some point I would just not want the music anymore and just pull the iems out of my ears... not necessarily shutting off the player. That would depend on how asleep I am. It gets 20 hours of play...maybe a bit more.

You mentioned to me that after using the sleep timer once, it has to be reset to use it again. Sigh. I don't want to have to menu dive in the middle of the night to reset the sleep timer.

But, I like everything I've read about the Ruizu A50, and it's cheap. So I'm close to pulling the trigger and hoping the sleep timer reset requirement doesn't bug me too much. Or I could just try your trick of not shutting off the player.

Thanks for your input thus far!

Aug 30, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #6,375 of 8,127

Users who are viewing this thread

Back