Obscure Chinese DAPs
Aug 25, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #6,346 of 8,127
I'm wondering if someone can recommend some rockboxable (I mainly need that parametric EQ!) DAPs? I already know about the AGPtek Rocker and the XDuoo X3, but I'm wondering if there are others that I should take a look at? Cheers m8s.

iPod Classic, iPod video, sandisk clip+

Aug 25, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #6,348 of 8,127
I'm wondering if someone can recommend some rockboxable (I mainly need that parametric EQ!) DAPs? I already know about the AGPtek Rocker and the XDuoo X3, but I'm wondering if there are others that I should take a look at? Cheers m8s.
That new Zishan T1 is supposedly Rockboxable and there is a firmware download site on the adverts on Ali. I have the T1, but have not installed that software but might give it a try.
Edit: that Rockbox software doesn’t work right.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #6,349 of 8,127
Is there any Cheap and good Daps with 4,4 mm balanced port? I have the LG G7 and the Fiio M11 but want something better than the G7 for cases when the M11 is too big to carry around. Something the size of the Shanling m0/ hidizs Ap80 would be perfect. Prefer neutrality in sound.

AR M200 on drop.com(formerly massdrop), currently not available though, you can request

Aug 29, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #6,352 of 8,127
Well there probably aren't any 4,4mm balanced port in daps under 200 usd lol. So I change the question is there a general consensus of hidizs ap80 vs shanling m0 in terms of sound? I already tried my friend's ap80 and know it is better than my phone ( lg g7) but the shanling looks and has a better size for what I intend to use it for.

shanling M0 does sound good, its the same DAC as LGs but with better shanling tuning , (more organic/warm?)
however the screen size might be an issue to you...specially if you like playlist/album covers or choose specific songs from albums every time.
i didn't try ap80 but screen sure looks better than m0.

don't ignore cheaper fiio players, I just got M7 and so far not bad.

Aug 29, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #6,355 of 8,127
If you want support, updates and bug fixes forget fiio, the are known for not supporting there devices, check there forums if you guys don't believe me. stick with shanling and cayin if you want support after the purchase. Fiio seems attractive but lack of support and horrible customer service means if there's a problem then your stuck with a faulty player

Aug 29, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #6,356 of 8,127
If you want really good support, updates for years and real customer service try ibasso (pricey but good quality and great support)

Aug 29, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #6,358 of 8,127
thanks, what about ziku x9 ? colorfly c10 ? acmee mf01 ? other?

1-ziku x9 sounds great but you need patience if you have lots of files, as the interface is slow and sluggish.
2-colorfly c10 sounds better than a lots of DAPs,but interface really simple and files cannot be sorted, build quality is questionable and no battery saving mode(but sure sounds good)
3-i dunno about acmee mf01, waiting for impression in this thread.

FYI there is also a phones with this DAC, i think vivo NEX has it.

activio ct-10 also has it..but that's bit more expensive DAP.

Aug 29, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #6,359 of 8,127
best sounding inexpensive chifi player with a line/optical out?

I want to connect it to my Monolith THX portable and Xduoo Xd-05 protable amps to power my TIN P3 (on the road) and Argons (home)

I have the Zishan DSD, Activo CT-10, Shanling M0 and HiBy R3
I've also tried the Z3, Dodocool, Yuengee, bengie T2 and AP-60 Pro

Aug 29, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #6,360 of 8,127
1-ziku x9 sounds great but you need patience if you have lots of files, as the interface is slow and sluggish.
2-colorfly c10 sounds better than a lots of DAPs,but interface really simple and files cannot be sorted, build quality is questionable and no battery saving mode(but sure sounds good)
3-i dunno about acmee mf01, waiting for impression in this thread.

FYI there is also a phones with this DAC, i think vivo NEX has it.

activio ct-10 also has it..but that's bit more expensive DAP.

thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back