Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Dec 6, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #5,731 of 6,496
I agree! I actually really wanted the clear Drausk but I was waiting until black friday and now it's out :frowning2: The clear version looked the best to me personally though. I do also agree that the pure black with a cable that large is a bit much (for my tastes).

Also @ksorota that actually looks beautiful! But it just looks like plain "brown" to me, is that actually transparent black?

Looks brown, true, but that is transparent black. Here is another black, trans. Black mix.

https://cdn.head-fi.org/a/11609402.png

Dec 6, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #5,732 of 6,496
I ordered a Prisma 2.5mm balanced (to amp) with an 4-pin XLR female. it’s an adapter cable made with Cardas 4x24. It’s in the mail to me now.

I also own several other Cardas 4x24 blue cables assembled by Arctic. Also own Ion and Ion+ headphone cables (3.5mm Focal, and Dan Clark Audio headphone terminations). Been buying from Val back from when he was on ebay. Very dependable seller.
Any reason you didn't go with magnus or magnus s that i think is somewhat close in price (i think)?

Dec 7, 2021 at 3:20 AM Post #5,733 of 6,496
Any reason you didn't go with magnus or magnus s that i think is somewhat close in price (i think)?
I considered the Magnus S but decided on the adapter cable for more utility. I have a variety of different type connector headphones with 4-pin XLR. The 2.5mm connection is for balanced use with my AK DAPS: SE200 and Kann. Val from Arctic said the Ion+ was a better fit (weight wise) for use with the DAPs. In my case, it doesn’t really matter since my portables are for home use; in rooms where I don’t have full headphone amps.

I have a 2.5mm balanced Ion+ Focal cable and headphone connection adapters from Focal 3.5mm to ZMF/Audeze and Dan Clark. The adapter cable I just had made lets me use the various headphones with the DAP and existing 4-pin XLRs. I had a shorter adapter, but was concerned that the short cable was stressing the DAP jack, especially if any torque was being placed on it.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #5,734 of 6,496
Hey guys and Meze owners. Hope everyone is safe. Looking to upgrade my cable and adapters for my Meze Empyrean. I'm into cosmetics (cable has to match and look nice) as well as superb sound. I've also dealt with Trevor before in the past. Thought I'd reach out to you guys for recommendations before contacting Trevor. Love this hobby. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Dec 12, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #5,735 of 6,496
Hey guys and Meze owners. Hope everyone is safe. Looking to upgrade my cable and adapters for my Meze Empyrean. I'm into cosmetics (cable has to match and look nice) as well as superb sound. I've also dealt with Trevor before in the past. Thought I'd reach out to you guys for recommendations before contacting Trevor. Love this hobby. Any suggestions? Thanks.
I've been mailing with Trevor about ordering a cable that is pretty much the perfect match for a Empyrean (though I didn't own one). It's very close to this look:

meze-empyrean-norne-audio-occ-litz-silver-01a.jpg

The image above is for a Silvergarde (it's on his website as well), but I'll be taking the exact same sleeve for a new copper cable, which I think he will release on his website tomorrow. I really like how this cable goes with the Empyrean. I also added a nice copper splitter to complete the look.

I have also seen a variant of this where the first sleeve has only the silver metallic tracers, and the second sleeve only has the copper metallic tracers, but I do prefer the combined version.

If you are looking for a sleeved copper cable that is relatively affordable, check out his website tomorrow.

Dec 12, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #5,737 of 6,496
Silver

Dec 23, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #5,739 of 6,496
do you guys think black friday orders would be shipping in feb. or would it be probaly later

thanks
I think it all depends on the kind of tête - à - tête you establish with Trevor over your transaction... I should know... I have had some arrive as early as in December/January, and others as late as in May or June...I'm not complaining, either way. I'm just saying that it pays to be insistent and regular in your communications with Trevor... It feels like a "labor of love" but some devotion in showing your anticipation does pay off, and the end result is always worth it in my view...

Dec 23, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #5,740 of 6,496
do you guys think black friday orders would be shipping in feb. or would it be probaly later

thanks
Trevor and I have been communicating by email these couple of days, he told me that he’s aiming to reduce the wait time significantly by working really hard through the holidays to ship many pending orders (I hope he has some assistants to help him out with the massive Black Friday orders). He also said to look out for new releases in 2022 as he has more 19 awg silver in stock, and more copper. Also, he has shipped my Vygarde :L3000:

Dec 23, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #5,742 of 6,496
I ordered a Vygarde on Black Friday and was pleasantly surprised to get it last Thursday. Less than 2 weeks.
How does the Vygarde sound?

Dec 23, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #5,743 of 6,496
I only have around 75 hours on it so far but it's very good. I'm using it with a HEKse.

Blacker background, more inner detail (vibrato nuances, more obvious reverb tails, clearer harmonics, etc.). Smoothes out the treble a bit (with less hash/grain although I personally never had a problem with this). Better bass detail. Not sure I can hear any obvious differences in soundstage dimensions but there is definitely improved isolation and separation. I still think the HEKse might benefit from one of Trevor's 17awg cables - but it's still pretty early in the break-in process so I'm curious what the Vygarde will sound like at 250-300 hours.

Dec 23, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #5,744 of 6,496
Hey guys,

Thanks to everyone as always for the Black Friday support. I am indeed working very hard through the holidays to clear everything out in a quicker manner this year (only taking the single day of the 25th off to be with my family). So tracking numbers will be coming in full force here for BF orders. Feel free to email me anytime for a status update and my reply back right now will be same day (hopefully just within an hour or two of receiving your email). Always best to just use direct email to my actual email address (or also simply reply back to your order confirmation email to check for an update).

Again, a huge thanks for the awesome support, it truly means a lot.
Hope you all have a great new year of 2022!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back