Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Dec 5, 2021 at 4:54 AM Post #5,701 of 6,511
Per the rotating banner on the Norne site, the Black Friday event--featuring "new releases and more specials" will start on (big surprise) the 26th. No starting time is yet indictated. Trevor is in the Pacific Time Zone.
Travor makes great stuff, but he is a complete flake when it comes to communicating with his customers. I asked him for a quote a couple weeks ago back in early November, before the Black Friday rush and I got an email that a quote was forthcoming same day (which never happened). In my prior experiences with Trevor (multiple item purchases) I had to keep bugging him to respond (delays well beyond product promise dates, and no communiction about the delays). I wasn’t going to bother this time. After a couple of weeks without a response, I ended up going elsewhere and buying an Arctic Cable. Trevor would be far more successful if he had organizational skills. He makes nice cables, but the frustration communicating with him has me doing business elsewhere henceforth. Time is valuable.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2021 at 5:56 AM Post #5,702 of 6,511
Travor makes great stuff, but he is a complete flake when it comes to communicating with his customers. I asked him for a quote a couple weeks ago back in early November, before the Black Friday rush and I got an email that a quote was forthcoming same day (which never happened). In my prior experiences with Trevor (multiple item purchases) I had to keep bugging him to respond (delays well beyond product promise dates, and no communiction about the delays). I wasn’t going to bother this time. After a couple of weeks without a response, I ended up going elsewhere and buying an Arctic Cable. Trevor would be far more successful if he had organizational skills. He makes nice cables, but the frustration communicating with him has me doing business elsewhere henceforth. Time is valuable.
What arctic cable have you gone with?
and for which hp?

Dec 5, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #5,703 of 6,511
You can daisy-chain them together if you have enough connectors, so the only real limit is the connector stash. :laughing: Amount of time needed varies and is dictated more by the size and thickness of the cable's dielectric than the type of cable. In general, HP cables and most interconnects do best at around 72 hours. Speaker cables and power cords about twice that long.

Here's a couple DIY power cords daisy-chained to cook at the same time:

Cooker3.JPG

And the Drausk Lite getting its cook:
Can you explain this setup a bit more - Looks like the power cables are plugged into the speaker output of a power amp. But if the other end of the power cable is not plugged into a load, then no current would be flowing through the cable at all. What am I missing?

Dec 5, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #5,704 of 6,511
Seems to me that Trevor could hire someone for a few hours a day to handle all the communications so he could focus on building cables. Then the increased cable production would more than offset the expense of the new hire. But I guess he doesn't want the added complexity...

Dec 5, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #5,705 of 6,511
We need some eye candy. Senn HD 660S w Drausk Light w/ 4.4 balanced terminati

Attachments

• C286E107-1B34-4C07-BA00-9E9CCE3ADFB9_1_201_a.jpeg
    C286E107-1B34-4C07-BA00-9E9CCE3ADFB9_1_201_a.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 0
Dec 5, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #5,706 of 6,511
Can you explain this setup a bit more - Looks like the power cables are plugged into the speaker output of a power amp. But if the other end of the power cable is not plugged into a load, then no current would be flowing through the cable at all. What am I missing?
It is a dedicated cable conditioning device. It generates its own signal which is applied to the output. Cable is attached at one end to that output and at the other end to the input which completes the circuit. Closer picture below.

https://www.thecablecooker.com/

AudioDharma.jpg

Dec 5, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #5,708 of 6,511
Dec 5, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #5,709 of 6,511
It is a dedicated cable conditioning device. It generates its own signal which is applied to the output. Cable is attached at one end to that output and at the other end to the input which completes the circuit. Closer picture below.

https://www.thecablecooker.com/

AudioDharma.jpg
That's cool. Thanks for explaining!

Dec 6, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #5,711 of 6,511
My cable breakin kit. My Tidal playlists are the signal used 24/7.

Attachments

• 7896868D-5A93-4018-A529-1F0FBA753670_1_201_a.jpeg
    7896868D-5A93-4018-A529-1F0FBA753670_1_201_a.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Dec 6, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #5,712 of 6,511
My cable breakin kit. My Tidal playlists are the signal used 24/7.

Got to be careful of the cable droop...you are going to get a build up of burn in a the bottom. Really should have the cable laying flat on the table to avoid hot spots!!!

:ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #5,713 of 6,511
Say what???????

Attachments

• Photo on 2-19-12 at 10.53 AM.jpg
    Photo on 2-19-12 at 10.53 AM.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 0
Dec 6, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #5,714 of 6,511
Got to be careful of the cable droop...you are going to get a build up of burn in a the bottom. Really should have the cable laying flat on the table to avoid hot spots!!!
Should have a "P" trap so all the burn-in gets stopped a the trap and does not get through to the other end. Just don't use an "S" trap as they are illegal in some areas now.:ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #5,715 of 6,511
You guys are having a bit of fun with me. If you do not believe in burnin, just try it sometime. Next time you buy a decent IEM, attach it to your rig along with whatever cable that you are going to use. Listen to the new IEM and cable for 15 to 30 minutes. Next connect it to a source that can play music 24/7. After 50-60 hours, listen to the IEM/cable. Sound better? then cook it for another 4 days. Enjoy !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back