Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Aug 9, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #3,886 of 6,459
Everyone has different standard, I treat listening to headfi as a very high priority in my life. I devote a lot of time to tune and listen to my system, I enjoy everything I did and every component I ordered.

Maybe it’s a bit exaggerated using desperate, as I don’t have much vocabulary to describe

We are all here because audio is important to us and are all trying to optimize our personal systems. Life, family and health issues are way more important than any audio cable or shiny object. I understand your frustration with missed deadlines but also the other side having just lost my wife to brain cancer.
I don't wish this on anyone, but it sure brings into focus what is truly important in this short time we have on this planet.

Aug 9, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #3,887 of 6,459
We are all here because audio is important to us and are all trying to optimize our personal systems. Life, family and health issues are way more important than any audio cable or shiny object. I understand your frustration with missed deadlines but also the other side having just lost my wife to brain cancer.
I don't wish this on anyone, but it sure brings into focus what is truly important in this short time we have on this planet.

Thank you for your understanding and very sorry for your lost..! Missed deadline is ok, three times is ok too, forth time maybe ok as well, anyway I will expect more promised due time from any builders next time :) maybe expecting 7-8 times of promised due date will be more realistic.
I hope everyone can enjoy their short time we have on this planet with their families and music.

Aug 10, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #3,890 of 6,459
Trevor is a first-class craftsman!
Like all of us, sometimes it is possible to have a little problem that delayed a commitment.
But don't worry, you won't regret having dealt with Trevor.
Lu

Aug 10, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #3,891 of 6,459
Trevor is a first-class craftsman!
Like all of us, sometimes it is possible to have a little problem that delayed a commitment.
But don't worry, you won't regret having dealt with Trevor.
Lu
Yes, his work is the in the top class of the headphone world cable maker, I have his cables and it is the top class and even might be better than other famous cables I had.

This time I learned a great lesson that always we need more patience and zero expectation. I have dealt with Whiplash audio, DHC, and Headamp in the past as well, actually they all will delay but maybe not that much, anyway, I think we always should not give expectation on builders to ship orders on time and should at least expect 7-8 times delays, then I think everyone will satisfy at the end. If someone said after one week he can turn the product to you, you should at least expect 12 weeks more of waiting, if she or he ship it earlier, you should treat it as bonus and treasure it.
I think this is the best way to expect by not expecting the promise will fulfill.

Aug 10, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #3,892 of 6,459
Probably not too far off the mark... I have learned to expect a product when it gets to my house. Learned that waiting a year and two months to receive a Toxic Silver Widow cable several years ago.
For the small boutique providers of exotic gear, must learn to be very tolerant of generally non-existent scheduling. i.e. It Will Happen When It Happens etc. Strange but true apparently.

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #3,893 of 6,459
Probably not too far off the mark... I have learned to expect a product when it gets to my house. Learned that waiting a year and two months to receive a Toxic Silver Widow cable several years ago.
For the small boutique providers of exotic gear, must learn to be very tolerant of generally non-existent scheduling. i.e. It Will Happen When It Happens etc. Strange but true apparently.

I am so amazed about all of you that could tolerate this loop of breaking promise of shipping date, I understand sometimes things go wrong, family problems, health problems, personally problems, workers problem..
I originally get mad on Mid of july because of the delay again and again but I decided to give Trevor to explain and he did after a while of disappearing , which I accept his delay because of his family problems, and I also said to him that, if you need more time, please feel free to say it, what I just need is a real shipping date, no hurry, I can wait even longer given the situation of Trevor dealing with.
After that, he gave me a stone shipping date which I really think it will come true. However, the promise was broken again. That is why I get very angry while you guys already treat this kind of delays as usual.

To me, business is about reputation not only about the product itself but also the promise,
Promise is a very important thing, a word is a word, you promised to do it especially you are in a business, or even you are just a normal human being, you should do what you promised. IF there was something happens which makes you broke the promise, I think people will give you chance to fix your problem. However...
too many times of breaking promise really made me mad.

I hope you understand my ANGER and
I have to say, I still love Trevor's cables, what I want to say is, if you can't keep the promise, just don't say it, or don't disappear and say nothing. I am ok with another late shipping date but I want reason and reply, but not vanishing!!!

every time brings up about this matter.. I get myself very angry, cause I don't like people breaking its PROMISE

Trevor's cables are great but just the delay is a problem, if you guys think that I am worsening his reputation, how about thinking that this should be the time to fix this long time problem that if you can't ship things in due date, why don't you just set the due date later or don't even set a due date? Delaying once or twice I think it is very reasonable and I can accept it, but sometimes too much is too much.

I just wish that Trevor could really set a REAL STONE DELIVERY DATE rather than promising something WILL NOT achieve . That will make people more happy and won't get their expectation lost.

Am I saying something that is so harsh? I don't know, given that I am not the customers who just yell after one or two delay of its due date, I think I am fair enough to say these.
I think Trevor will not accept my order in the future as what I did seems to worsen his reputation.
What I want to say, is really helping the situation here, I think in the world, there still have things that we could say right or wrong. After the above comments, I understand how to treat myself better by not expecting anything. But, still I want to say, as a good human being, the right to do is to keep your promise, but not breaking it again and again, it hurts, it hurts how people expects from you. I am not only saying about this business but I think it's how we should act as a human being?
Isn't it correct to keep your promise?

Lastly, I have to say, I am still a customer who treasures and admires Norne audio's product as I am using it right now and feel there will be no replacement from others that could achieve this sound. Hope everyone will get their cables soon. and sorry for my long yelling in this two days.

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #3,894 of 6,459
I am so amazed about all of you that could tolerate this loop of breaking promise of shipping date, I understand sometimes things go wrong, family problems, health problems, personally problems, workers problem..
I originally get mad on Mid of july because of the delay again and again but I decided to give Trevor to explain and he did after a while of disappearing , which I accept his delay because of his family problems, and I also said to him that, if you need more time, please feel free to say it, what I just need is a real shipping date, no hurry, I can wait even longer given the situation of Trevor dealing with.
After that, he gave me a stone shipping date which I really think it will come true. However, the promise was broken again. That is why I get very angry while you guys already treat this kind of delays as usual.

To me, business is about reputation not only about the product itself but also the promise,
Promise is a very important thing, a word is a word, you promised to do it especially you are in a business, or even you are just a normal human being, you should do what you promised. IF there was something happens which makes you broke the promise, I think people will give you chance to fix your problem. However...
too many times of breaking promise really made me mad.

I hope you understand my ANGER and
I have to say, I still love Trevor's cables, what I want to say is, if you can't keep the promise, just don't say it, or don't disappear and say nothing. I am ok with another late shipping date but I want reason and reply, but not vanishing!!!

every time brings up about this matter.. I get myself very angry, cause I don't like people breaking its PROMISE

Trevor's cables are great but just the delay is a problem, if you guys think that I am worsening his reputation, how about thinking that this should be the time to fix this long time problem that if you can't ship things in due date, why don't you just set the due date later or don't even set a due date? Delaying once or twice I think it is very reasonable and I can accept it, but sometimes too much is too much.

I just wish that Trevor could really set a REAL STONE DELIVERY DATE rather than promising something WILL NOT achieve . That will make people more happy and won't get their expectation lost.

Am I saying something that is so harsh? I don't know, given that I am not the customers who just yell after one or two delay of its due date, I think I am fair enough to say these.
I think Trevor will not accept my order in the future as what I did seems to worsen his reputation.
What I want to say, is really helping the situation here, I think in the world, there still have things that we could say right or wrong. After the above comments, I understand how to treat myself better by not expecting anything. But, still I want to say, as a good human being, the right to do is to keep your promise, but not breaking it again and again, it hurts, it hurts how people expects from you. I am not only saying about this business but I think it's how we should act as a human being?
Isn't it correct to keep your promise?

Lastly, I have to say, I am still a customer who treasures and admires Norne audio's product as I am using it right now and feel there will be no replacement from others that could achieve this sound. Hope everyone will get their cables soon. and sorry for my long yelling in this two days.

Hey, I understand your point completely, as I have experienced some of the frustrations you're describing (and still am), as have many posters on this forum, I presume. Your talk about promises and staying true to one's word can also be understood within its own context, but how well does it apply here? It does not strike me as a logic one could apply to Trevor's work and business model in any rigid/non-flexible way, unless you want to imply that he is dishonest, insincere, untrustworthy, or without honor, all of which would be emphatically wrong, since Trevor is far from being any of that.

One has to learn how to interpret Trevor's promises and deadlines, within the framework of their own logic--namely, as tentative and provisional, until they're actually fulfilled. We all know that they eventually get fulfilled, although they do not usually follow the time-table that is provided on day one of most transactions! If you know that already, then it is also up to you to understand that the contract is going to involve a test of your own tolerance for delays and missed deadlines.

Trevor's delivery schedule does not always follow the originally promised schedules, if they do at all, but that is not proof of insincerity or dishonor. It simply shows that he is not in total control of his own time and production schedule, and by extension, the timing of his deliveries. Remember what I said about his always being overextended, and hence overworked? I think if you learn to live with that realization, you will be fine, and feel a lot less let-down when things do not always go according to your prior expectations,

The question is : do you have the tolerance level it takes to accommodate this model? It seems it is that lack of tolerance which is eating at you and making you repeat the same complaints and disclaimers over and over again, since yesterday. It seems you're definitely struggling with it or with something else, although, I could be wrong. Whatever it is, I hope you overcome it, so that you can wait your turn in a more peaceful way.

Or would you feel any better if you got your money refunded by Trevor? That is also an option, you know?

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #3,895 of 6,459
Hey, I understand your point completely, as I have experienced some of the frustrations you're describing (and still am), as have many posters on this forum, I presume. Your talk about promises and staying true to one's word can also be understood within its own context, but how well does it apply here? It does not strike me as a logic one could apply to Trevor's work and business model in any rigid/non-flexible way, unless you want to imply that he is dishonest, insincere, untrustworthy, or without honor, all of which would be emphatically wrong, since Trevor is far from being any of that.

One has to learn how to interpret Trevor's promises and deadlines, within the framework of their own logic--namely, as tentative and provisional, until they're actually fulfilled. We all know that they eventually get fulfilled, although they do not usually follow the time-table that is provided on day one of most transactions! If you know that already, then it is also up to you to understand that the contract is going to involve a test of your own tolerance for delays and missed deadlines.

Trevor's delivery schedule does not always follow the originally promised schedules, if they do at all, but that is not proof of insincerity or dishonor. It simply shows that he is not in total control of his own time and production schedule, and by extension, the timing of his deliveries. Remember what I said about his always being overextended, and hence overworked? I think if you learn to live with that realization, you will be fine, and feel a lot less let-down when things do not always go according to your prior expectations,

The question is : do you have the tolerance level it takes to accommodate this model? It seems it is that lack of tolerance which is eating at you and making you repeat the same complaints and disclaimers over and over again, since yesterday. It seems you're definitely struggling with it or with something else, although, I could be wrong. Whatever it is, I hope you overcome it, so that you can wait your turn in a more peaceful way.

Or would you feel any better if you got your money refunded by Trevor? That is also an option, you know?

What you say in terms of business model will be more persuasive. Maybe it’s about the tolerance of this cable business but not about the promise itself.

I agree that he is not dishonest, insincere, untrustworthy, or without honor, that is never going to appear in my mind about Trevor.

Anyway, I won’t disclaim again. I am not that understanding and not having enough experience in this industry as I am a customer only. I simply lack of understanding in what you say, and the tolerance of this industry should be more.

I also agree on he is not in total control of his own time and production schedule, and by extension, the timing of his deliveries. But he is not dishonest, if what to interpret my view better, maybe using your explanation.. he should take more control over his own time and production schedule in order to get a more accurate due date to his customers.

Aug 10, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #3,896 of 6,459
Just an update, first of, as always I thank everyone for the patience.
My father was recently diagnosed with cancer which I have told a few folks (including Fred). Obviously a trying time. I have done quite well to not have this impact ship times right now of normally offered (non-custom) items. But of course I do my best to help support him through a tough time, as such some emails have been slower recently..
So as of right now everything is still mostly on schedule for anyones current order (non-custom orders). I am still shipping cables every single day right now.
If you need to check on status please email me at the norneaudio email address, I will have same day replies all this weekend as I am working hard on all builds this weekend.

I will preface to say I think FredFung28 is a nice guy and I have absolutely nothing against him, he has shown great support with a past custom order that was delivered to him.
I am certainly sorry when someone gets angry to the point of needing to make the posts like this here. I am generally a very nice and calm person, and I do my best to help anyone out the best I can on their time frame needs. This includes nice bonuses for the waits (including bonuses I have sent and am sending to Fred) If I had his number on record I would have also given him a call today to talk things out with him (trying to locate it in past emails). I know from long experience that if a ship deadline is missed it leads to anger, this is rule #1 of business of something to always try and avoid in my long 10 years. Of course no one running this kind of business ever wants to disappoint anyone on a ship time, especially someone like myself.
I love what I do and I love this industry/business.

Certainly I understand that nobody likes to wait. Even I do not much like waiting
for my own suppliers to ship items I need for the builds. I have had month delays before on my own parts (in the past), it is always tricky to figure out as a cable maker (you need plan A, B and C sometimes), but you do the best you can always and show your appreciation for every single customer (without my great customers I would not be at the spot I am today). The headphone cable business is definitely not easy
nor for the faint of heart, it takes a ton of work and has taken a long time for me to get the point I am at today.
You cannot always make everyone happy in a tiemframe / transaction even though you try your best to do so. I have been operating however for (as mentioned) 10 years now and I am sure customers on this thread can probably attest to some of the things I do to make up for any longer than normal waits for them.

But first I must also mention that all cables and builds do have their own unique build schedule.
So anything fully custom like Freds order will have a much longer build time than say a S3 4-wire which is a standard normal offering from the lineup and should ship in normal 2-3 week timeframes (if in stock). Custom orders also can hit snags and take longer than expected, so you just cannot always be 100% accurate on the ship date in some of these cases.
So of course to Fred I do apologize for it taking longer than originally expected.

I felt I should at least post a bit about the situation with Freds order here. His orders have been fully and 100% custom, and he had ordered in the past a 12-wire custom S3 headphone cable which was delivered long ago to him (with nice bonus demo cables). He was patient on his first custom order that was received. Again I certainly do appreciate his past order and support, without great customers like Fred and all of you guys I would not be able to be doing what I absolutely love to do for a living these past many years.
This more recent order of Freds was something also fully custom of which is he also getting bonuses. His more recent build was infact so custom that it even required me to CAD/Design some special housings (in Fusion 360) for the large spade connectors he sent in. These then had to be printed after designing which added even more time. So just overall very tricky and 100% custom nature of the specific build. As many CAD/ 3d printing tinkerers know you do not always get the 3d printed model perfect the first try. It takes revisions and time to print. But apart from this the build itself was very tricky in all aspects. Not just on the one cable but the other adapters as well (all 12-wire 17awg silver, multi-core, etc.)

Again I know Fred is a nice guy and I have nothing against him and 100% thank him for his past patience, and actually just recently completed his full order (including bonuses).
Of course with such custom orders I take the precise amount of time needed in order to make sure the build is 100%
perfect. So even if someone is emailing me every single day for weeks (and posting on forum) I try not to rush the build beyond the time it truly needs to be built in. I want everything to be perfect on the builds always and that can lead to longer time and a difficulty to get a precise time.
Again this business is not easy, you deal with a lot of stressors. I understand it can be hard to realize from the outside how
the tougher nature behind the scenes to run things, and not realize the stress on the cable builder trying to meet demands of varying customers.
But one thing is guaranteed, I will always do my best and I care greatly about every customer I have, including Fredfung28.
So a big thank you to everyone , and I never forget those have been kind to me during the process.

Of course in the process you will run into things that can delay. Such as a 3D print not coming out right and needing to be done again, or some piece to the puzzle taking longer to come in stock, etc. So you cannot always get a perfect estimate
for customers on such custom orders/ work.

I should mention that as I type this message now (taking me a while) it is probably going to cause me to miss a 2:00pm ship deadline today (drop off) to deliver overnight package to customer on monday. Just an example of what can happen
with business to delay and miss a ship date. For example emails can take many hours of a day, etc. But I do my best to reply to every email, forum posts, etc while also trying to meet the build deadlines.

Sorry for the longer post, and again thank you everyone for the support and patience, and
for those that sent their thoughts to me about my father I greatly appreciate that, it does mean a lot.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #3,897 of 6,459
My father was recently diagnosed with cancer which I have told a few folks (including Fred). Obviously a trying time. I have done quite well to not have this impact ship times right now of normally offered (non-custom) items. But of course I do my best to help support him through a tough time, as such some emails have been slower recently..
So as of right now everything is still mostly on schedule for anyones current order (non-custom orders). I am still shipping cables every single day right now.
If you need to check on status please email me at the norneaudio email address, I will have same day replies all this weekend as I am working hard on all builds this weekend.

I will preface to say I think FredFung28 is a nice guy and I have absolutely nothing against him, he has shown great support with a past custom order that was delivered to him.
I am certainly sorry when someone gets angry to the point of needing to make the posts like this here. I am generally a very nice and calm person, and I do my best to help anyone out the best I can on their time frame needs. This includes nice bonuses for the waits (including bonuses I have sent and am sending to Fred) If I had his number on record I would have also given him a call today to talk things out with him (trying to locate it in past emails). I know from long experience that if a ship deadline is missed it leads to anger, this is rule #1 of business of something to always try and avoid in my long 10 years. Of course no one running this kind of business ever wants to disappoint anyone on a ship time, especially someone like myself.

Certainly I understand that nobody likes to wait. Even I do not much like waiting
for my own suppliers to ship items I need for the builds. I have had month delays before on my own parts (in the past), it is always tricky to figure out as a cable maker (you need plan A, B and C sometimes), but you do the best you can always and show your appreciation for every single customer (without my great customers I would not be at the spot I am today). The headphone cable business is definitely not easy
nor for the faint of heart, it takes a ton of work and has taken a long time for me to get the point I am at today.
You cannot always make everyone happy in a tiemframe / transaction even though you try your best to do so. I have been operating however for (as mentioned) 10 years now and I am sure customers on this thread can probably attest to some of the things I do to make up for any longer than normal waits for them.

But first I must also mention that all cables and builds do have their own unique build schedule.
So anything fully custom like Freds order will have a much longer build time than say a S3 4-wire which is a standard normal offering from the lineup and should ship in normal 2-3 week timeframes (if in stock). Custom orders also can hit snags and take longer than expected, so you just cannot always be 100% accurate on the ship date in some of these cases.
So of course to Fred I do apologize for it taking longer than originally expected.

I felt I should at least post a bit about the situation with Freds order here. His orders have been fully and 100% custom, and he had ordered in the past a 12-wire custom S3 headphone cable which was delivered long ago to him (with nice bonus demo cables). He was patient on his first custom order that was received. Again I certainly do appreciate his past order and support, without great customers like Fred and all of you guys I would not be able to be doing what I absolutely love to do for a living these past many years.
This more recent order of Freds was something also fully custom of which is he also getting bonuses. His more recent build was infact so custom that it even required me to CAD/Design some special housings (in Fusion 360) for the large spade connectors he sent in. These then had to be printed after designing which added even more time. So just overall very tricky and 100% custom nature of the specific build. As many CAD/ 3d printing tinkerers know you do not always get the 3d printed model perfect the first try. It takes revisions and time to print. But apart from this the build itself was very tricky in all aspects. Not just on the one cable but the other adapters as well (all 12-wire 17awg silver, multi-core, etc.)

Again I know Fred is a nice guy and I have nothing against him and 100% thank him for his past patience, and actually just recently completed his full order (including bonuses).
Of course with such custom orders I take the precise amount of time needed in order to make sure the build is 100%
perfect. So even if someone is emailing me every single day for weeks (and posting on forum) I try not to rush the build beyond the time it truly needs to be built in. I want everything to be perfect on the builds always and that can lead to longer time and a difficulty to get a precise time.
Again this business is not easy, you deal with a lot of stressors. I understand it can be hard to realize from the outside how
the tougher nature behind the scenes to run things, and not realize the stress on the cable builder trying to meet demands of varying customers.
But one thing is guaranteed, I will always do my best and I care greatly about every customer I have, including Fredfung28.
So a big thank you to everyone , and I never forget those have been kind to me during the process.

Of course in the process you will run into things that can delay. Such as a 3D print not coming out right and needing to be done again, or some piece to the puzzle taking longer to come in stock, etc. So you cannot always get a perfect estimate

I should mention that as I type this email now (taking me a while) it is probably going to cause me to miss a 2:00pm ship deadline today (drop off) to deliver overnight package to customer on monday. Just an example of what can happen
with business to delay and miss a ship date. For example emails can take many hours of a day, etc. But I do my best to reply to every email, forum posts, etc while also trying to meet the build deadlines.

Sorry for the longer post, and again thank you everyone for the support and patience, and
for those that sent their thoughts to me about my father I greatly appreciate that, it does mean a lot.
Trevor,

Having lost a parent to cancer several years ago allow me to offer my heartfelt best wishes to both your father and you. Balancing work / life priorities is challenging under routine circumstances, and when the unwelcome / unforseen occurs good, decent people as yourself have no other course than to adjust that balance. I find that a bit of transparency goes a long way with others, although I know it is hard to share deeply personal, painful events...but it does help to re-set expectations and most people will surprise you pleasantly by recognizing what is most important in life.

Sincere best wishes!

Aug 10, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #3,898 of 6,459

I should mention that as I type this email now (taking me a while) it is probably going to cause me to miss a 2:00pm ship deadline today (drop off) to deliver overnight package to customer on monday. Just an example of what can happen

I am sorry for my anger letting to this situation for Trevor to explain all this out. Trevor is a very kind and nice person even dealing with situation of family and customer like me who currently felt ashamed with what I did to Trevor.

I understand the situation and feel sincerely sorry for Trevor about what happened and what he is been through right now.

I hope everyone who is waiting their shipments from Trevor will understand that the due date is easily delayed if your order is a special custom order like mine and what Trevor and I agreed on is that it’s better to give me or other custom build orders a longer estimated waiting time than giving the quickest he can for the due date in order to lower the expecting for fast delivery to the customer.

At first week of July while Trevor said it can be shipped I don’t know it occurred needing the 3D printer and again I have mentioned it’s completely understandable if he needs more time to complete my order after knowing his father having such a sad news, I told him it’s ok to take more time and please take care and I won’t need it quick as you are facing such situation so I ask him to give me a real stone delivery but maybe at last there are still some delays in different aspects in life which I completely omitted and lost my mind to post something here to release my anger.

I am confirming here that Trevor is always a responsible person who will ship his product. For normal order (non custom) one will ship a lot quicker than the one I custom ordered.

And at last I hope someone likes me could think more like what Sahmen said in the previous post, it’s tough in his business model given that things happen and Trevor is in small business. It’s better to expect longer delivery time than a short one from such a tough and stress business.

And next time I will help to explain when there is another person like me releasing his anger due to the delay. I hope this could makeup for what I did.

Lastly, I will complete what I promised Trevor in the past of our conversation that I will do a review of S3- 8 wires, S3- 12 wires , dhc prion 4, Vertere HB double run and Jps superconductor( demo that has returned to the dealer)
I hope this help to introduce more about norne audio to others as well I will post it to the susvara and abyss thread. My review won’t be very detail and in good vocabulary, but I hope it will help.

Thank you

Aug 10, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #3,899 of 6,459
Trevor,

Having lost a parent to cancer several years ago allow me to offer my heartfelt best wishes to both your father and you. Balancing work / life priorities is challenging under routine circumstances, and when the unwelcome / unforseen occurs good, decent people as yourself have no other course than to adjust that balance. I find that a bit of transparency goes a long way with others, although I know it is hard to share deeply personal, painful events...but it does help to re-set expectations and most people will surprise you pleasantly by recognizing what is most important in life.

Sincere best wishes!

My sincere condolences for past your loss Lory, cant imagine what you had to go through.
Thank you kindly for the wishes. . I am amazed by how kind folks and customers
have been to me with this, and the understanding.

Aug 10, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #3,900 of 6,459
Be strong Trevor.
I am very sorry to hear that your dad is not healthy. Nowadays, medicine has made a lot of progress in this field and I'm sure everything will work out for the best.
A big hug.
Lu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back