Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Aug 11, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #3,902 of 6,453
My sincere condolences for past your loss Lory, cant imagine what you had to go through.
Thank you kindly for the wishes. . I am amazed by how kind folks and customers
have been to me with this, and the understanding.

Take good care of yourself Trevor, especially in times like this. With the tragedy that happened on another cable company, I'd say we, customers, could not afford to lose you rather than you us.
Always remember you've got the full support from us! Let's hope everything is gonna be alright!
Be strong my friend.

Aug 11, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #3,903 of 6,453
I am going through the same thing, so just know that you are not alone and my prayers go out to you and your family!

Aug 11, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #3,904 of 6,453
I am going through the same thing, so just know that you are not alone and my prayers go out to you and your family!
Likewise to you too

Aug 12, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #3,905 of 6,453
Don’t mind waiting for the good stuff. Old dudes like me and Ruby Tiger have learned patience. Trevor needs our love and support at a time like this. So please have a little patience guys.

Aug 15, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #3,906 of 6,453
Trevor,

Honestly, I don’t expect much in the ultra short adapter which you didn’t talk about in our conversation as I always think that it’s not possible to make it short. The ATL plug is so hard to make it shorter in my view.

However, you prove me wrong, I know I don’t have much saying right here as I just blamed you for your delays in my shipping. But this is crazy, what can I say about your work. It’s just beautiful and perfect.

I’m crazy about perfection as well because I always think in hifi, one small details can affect the sound in a impact that will make the sound less attractive. For example, the adaptor in my mind always makes me feel it will distort the sound. So I find people to make the best adaptor in local builder. Those works are solid of course but... it’s nothing like yours...

I have not test the sound yet as my Memory player 64 has sent to upgrade the os and hardware. But what can I say is even the adaptor, Trevor made it the best, I will certainly post a feedback after trying.
unnamed.jpgIMG_8027.JPG
Left is Norne audio, middle and right is local builders...

For your info, both male and female plugs are from ATL with the crazy plating which is 4 layers CU/AG/AU/RH plated. The only audiophile female mini 3pin plug from the world should only be the ATL one. (Correct me if I was wrong, as I could not find any others)

I don’t know how many time I have the apologise, but even the waiting time makes me very angry, the outcome is so satisfying, now I understand why your customers said they are willing to wait longer. Norne audio's stuff is always worth waiting, next time if I order again, I willl expect a longer waiting time and will just sit and wait for the great stuff without anger!

Thanks Trevor!

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #3,907 of 6,453
I wanted to take few moments to discuss my journey with Trevor and Norne Audio, especially given the frustration by a few over the past few weeks.

I've been buying cables from Trevor since the second year he was in business (Norse Audio), so about 10 years now. I've bought at least two dozen cables from him and various adapters and IC cables as well. Why so many? Because I've owned A LOT of headphones during my journey and every time I really like a headphone, I end up sending an email to Trevor asking for a Norne cable. At the end of this post I'll try to gather some of the older (and newer) Norne cables and link pics of them.

With regard to delays and the frustration over missed deadlines. Please understand that these cables are expertly hand crafted, one by one. They are not just beautiful visually but they make the most difference sonically that I've come across with any headphone cables. Consider this...I've worked with five companies during the development and beta process for new to market headphones. And with some of those companies (Mrspeakers, hifiman) I've worked on projects spanning multiple headphones. Now, let me say this. There has not been one headphone project that I've ever been involved with where there wasn't something left on the table sonically with the stock cable, ever. It's simply a matter of economics. All headphone companies need to make a certain margin to remain profitable.

Take my own pair of ETHER 2 headphones. The Vivo cable that is included stock is probably the best stock cable that I've ever come across for any headphone. Both sonically and functionally it is top tier. This cable is available on the Mrspeakers website for $299. The very cable sits in my desk drawer now collecting dust because I use a Draug 3 from Norne. The Draug 3 is better looking, better sounding and functionally less microphonic than the stock cable.

This will not be a popular comment but here goes any way. I've mentioned to Trevor a few times that he should consider raising his prices. Why? Because he charges less than some of his competitors and delivers a better product. And, I often see him struggling to keep up with demand and meet deadlines. Without divulging his personal comments and business strategies, he has told me "no" each time I've mentioned this. He would rather deliver a better product and undercut the competition at the same time. Good on you Trevor. We should all take a moment to appreciate the product and pricing when it comes to deadlines.

Please be patient with our friend here when it comes to deadline. Know that you're getting a hand crafted work of art for less than you'd get somewhere else. And understand that this guy bust his butt to get orders out, but that he has a life and that sometimes life becomes more important than work. Family issues with always take precedence and they should. We all have life crisis from time to time and have to put work aside. Personally, just last week I had to take a week off and drive to VA to take care of my mother. I own a business not unlike Trevor. Time off is unpaid and it's always difficult to give up work time, but we all do what we have to take take care of family. Then catching up after these unexpected life events is a real challenge. But just know that while the delay is never pleasant the product is being crafted as expeditiously as possible and that you'll get a cable that you'll be proud to own each time you use it.

nsf2.jpg 20181026_194317.jpg 20190406_143055.jpg IMAG0563.jpg IMAG1014.jpg IMAG1016.jpg IMAG1023.jpg draug2.jpg IMAG0706.jpg IMAG1046.jpg IMAG0253.jpg IMAG0254.jpg

Aug 17, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #3,909 of 6,453
This will not be a popular comment but here goes any way. I've mentioned to Trevor a few times that he should consider raising his prices. Why? Because he charges less than some of his competitors and delivers a better product. And, I often see him struggling to keep up with demand and meet deadlines. Without divulging his personal comments and business strategies, he has told me "no" each time I've mentioned this. He would rather deliver a better product and undercut the competition at the same time. Good on you Trevor. We should all take a moment to appreciate the product and pricing when it comes to deadlines.

He needs to hire people to help him out. Otherwise he’ll be losing loyal long-time customers sooner or later.

Aug 18, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #3,911 of 6,453
True. When demand exceed supply. You have to either raise prices and lose some customers or hire more people to meet the demand. Or eventually things will not turn out well.

I think you’re wrong. Hp or high end audio passionates know that there’s any other comparable hp cable brand on the market. Enthusiasts love his work and if someone has a problem to wait for a new cable => Nobody‘s forced to buy Trevors nornes.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #3,913 of 6,453
Nice photography Matt TCG!! The bottom, last one does not have a splitter. Is it a Draug 3?

Aug 18, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #3,914 of 6,453
I actually saw Draug 3 more than S3.. does anyone prefer Draug 3 more than s3? Thinking to purchase one to try as well.(This time will expect longer delivery time and no complain~)

Aug 18, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #3,915 of 6,453
My collection leans toward Norne cables.

1. Volgard
2. Silvergarde S2
3. Solvine
4. Draug3
5. Draug3
6. Custom build ("step up from the Draug 3")
7. Draug3 (2019 version tuned for HD800)

IMG_20190818_104627.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back