Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
May 20, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #3,661 of 6,461
^ This. I thought I knew what I wanted until I contacted Trevor. Now I'm a proud owner of a Silvergarde S3 and I'm thankful I didn't buy a lesser cable instead. There's something just "right" about Norne's pure silver cables.

+1 on talking to Trevor and on the S3.

I "only" have an S2 now for my Audeze/ZMF and love it; it's the best sounding cable I own (compared to 5 other cables I had). I bought an S3-C (pictured below) for my HEK V2 (been meaning to post this pic). Both sound great although I thought the S3-C was a bit sibilant when I first received it and it seemed to break in and smooth out (at least to my ears (flame retardant on)). I was convinced enough to upgrade both to S3 after conversing with Trevor. To me, cables are the last piece to really getting the most out of any setup.

vnr3oVQ.jpg

May 22, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #3,662 of 6,461
Came home rom the Hospital, to a wonderful surprise, my very own S3C for my ZMF Cans, listening to the Aeolus via the Hugo2, stunning! It reminds me of the first time I heard the Draug 2, on my HD800, in my system, slack jawed that a cable, any cable could increase performance to this extent. which made me a “Norne Evangelist,” lovin’ seeing that same look from others who were skeptical.

May 22, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #3,663 of 6,461
Came home rom the Hospital, to a wonderful surprise, my very own S3C for my ZMF Cans, listening to the Aeolus via the Hugo2, stunning! It reminds me of the first time I heard the Draug 2, on my HD800, in my system, slack jawed that a cable, any cable could increase performance to this extent. which made me a “Norne Evangelist,” lovin’ seeing that same look from others who were skeptical.
I am getting that cable for my Aeolus, when I have the funds, and I will be done.

May 22, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #3,664 of 6,461
I sure wish Trevor would make my IEM cable before the month is over.

May 23, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #3,665 of 6,461
So after 4 days and over 20++ emails with Trevor, I am now waiting for my S3C's! I think I found my end game cables, which makes me so pumped.

Trevor was amazing to deal with. I contacted more than a few different custom cable makers and none gave my the same customer service as he did. Trevor responded in almost every email with a long and detailed message explaining exactly what I needed to make the correct decision. Never did he ever try to up sell me. I did however went over budget :gs1000smile:

The most important thing that other custom cable makers can learn from Trevor is the quick email responses. Us audiophiles hate that long waiting game.

Thanks to the people that advised me to reaching out to contact Trevor!

Last edited:
May 23, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #3,666 of 6,461
So after 4 days and over 20++ emails with Trevor, I am now waiting for my S3C's! I think I found my end game cables, which makes me so pumped.

Trevor was amazing to deal with. I contacted more than a few different custom cable makers and none gave my the same customer service as he did. Trevor responded in all most every email with a long and detailed message explaining exactly what I needed to make the correct decision. Never did he ever try to up sell me. I did however went over budget :gs1000smile:

The most important thing that other custom cable makers can learn from Trevor is the quick email responses. Us audiophiles hate that long waiting game.
I love reading this!

May 23, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #3,668 of 6,461
I am not a big email sender. I could not imagine sending a nice vendor even 10 emails about my order. We have not conversed since I ordered. I got an email from him this morning. My IEM cord will ship next week if not sooner.

May 23, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #3,669 of 6,461
Hard to beat Norne Audio for cables and customer service IMHO. I still don't think cables make such a huge difference in SQ [personally] but there is overall a much more enjoyable experience with a nice cable and Trevor is a great guy to do business with. Someday I will get some balanced cables made for the i4 and 4z and they will be Norne again...

May 24, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #3,670 of 6,461
Hi all, decided to upgrade the cabling on the Ether 2's and join the Norne Audio gang, if anybody can lead me by the hand and recommend where i should be putting my money on, would be greatly appreciated.
They're hooked up to the Woo Audio Fireflies amp-dac with the WA7TP tube power supply, if that helps decide which way to go.

May 24, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #3,671 of 6,461
Hi all, decided to upgrade the cabling on the Ether 2's and join the Norne Audio gang, if anybody can lead me by the hand and recommend where i should be putting my money on, would be greatly appreciated.
They're hooked up to the Woo Audio Fireflies amp-dac with the WA7TP tube power supply, if that helps decide which way to go.
Draug Silver............

May 24, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #3,672 of 6,461

If you are looking for a slightly warmer sound with great details, go all copper. If you want a little more detail in your music but don't want to spend top dollar, go solv x3. If you want all the details and have end game cables go silver.

You can always email Trevor for the perfect recommendation.

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #3,673 of 6,461
Just received Silvergarde S3 from Trevor.Outstanding quality and another level of sound.
I wish Trevor will be able to create a 12wire silver prototype)))

Attachments

• 20190525_234908.jpg
    20190525_234908.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190525_160453.jpg
    20190525_160453.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
May 25, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #3,675 of 6,461
Just received Silvergarde S3 from Trevor.Outstanding quality and another level of sound.
I wish Trevor will be able to create a 12wire silver prototype)))

Speaking of which, has anyone been able to buy the 8 wire version he advertised as a special order?

It been a few months & I can't say I heard anyone who purchased one. I'd love to know how it differs from the 4 wire version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back