Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Apr 5, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #2,747 of 6,459

Thanks again for that email and the advice. :)
Will have your invoice sent today.

Sent you a PM on this.

Quick update:

Making good progress on the backlog, trying to clear out anything I potentially missed.
Thanks to everyone for the patience.

If for some reason your email has taken longer than 24-36 hours to reply to
please email me via contact form on the site again, odds are I may have missed
the email in the counltess others.  But a refresher bump each day is always welcomed
as I never want to miss an email.  I have definitely put my best effort
into being quicker on emails recently, given the workload.

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #2,750 of 6,459

I have a balanced Silvergarde 2 with mine. Love it. Great sense of space/depth, well controlled bass still Z1R bass though :) ) and more balanced highs (to my ears)

Mine is Arcane, the silvergarde s(not s2) is too bright for my me.

Arcane/Z1R is perfect combo IMO, bass is punchier than silvergarde s(silvergarde s have more detail tho, or I should say easier to notice all the detail)

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #2,751 of 6,459
Mine is Arcane, the silvergarde s(not s2) is too bright for my me.

Arcane/Z1R is perfect combo IMO, bass is punchier than silvergarde s(silvergarde s have more detail tho, or I should say easier to notice all the detail)

Interesting. Would love to hear it. And yes Silvergarde S, my mistake

Apr 7, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #2,752 of 6,459
Has the Arcane been discontinued? I went in to mess around with configurations and noticed its not showing up on the site anymore.

Apr 10, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #2,753 of 6,459
I just got my Draug 2c and I'm totally impressed by the sound quality. The Draug 2c is a perfect match to my ether C flow's it adds bass, sound stag and increases the resonation of the music.In short it just makes the sound so much richer and enjoyable.

Apr 10, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #2,754 of 6,459
Just concluded SoCal Can Jam and Trevor did me a big flavor by overnite the Siver Draug to my hotel just in time to pair with my Utopia. Trevor even spray some pixie dust in the Draug so when I regain my consciousness I will post some impression.

Apr 11, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #2,755 of 6,459
any personal experiences to compare the silver draug to the silvergarde s or s2?

i'm looking at going from  my silvergarde s to the s2 or to the silver draug for my hd800 and lcd 2

particularly with the hd800 wondering how much smoother is the silver draug and what happened to the lower end relative to the silvergarde options

i can't see myself going wrong either way but wondering which way i should tweak

Apr 11, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #2,756 of 6,459
any personal experiences to compare the silver draug to the silvergarde s or s2?

i'm looking at going from  my silvergarde s to the s2 or to the silver draug for my hd800 and lcd 2

particularly with the hd800 wondering how much smoother is the silver draug and what happened to the lower end relative to the silvergarde options

i can't see myself going wrong either way but wondering which way i should tweak

From discussion with Trevor, the difference between the Silver Draug and the Silvergarde S2 is that the Silvergarde is more punchy and tighter whereas the Silver Draug has a wider soundstage and more airy. That is what lead me to decide on the Silver Draug as sound stage and airiness are the areas needed them most for the Utopia. The Draug did not disappoint at all, in fact I was wow by the noticeable difference immediately. I will assume it will match well with your LCD 2 but for the HD800 I will probably go with the Silvergarde S2.

Apr 11, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #2,757 of 6,459

Very glad to hear it guys, I truly appreciate you all taking the time to post.

I wish I could have made it this time to CanJam L.A., it sounds like it was a great show.

Quick update for all:

I am working diligently and expecting to clear 80-90% of everything in about 4 weeks hopefully (starting oldest and working to newer). 
Working very very hard to get it all done and try to make this goal.  Making sure I do not miss anything. 
The only cables that would be an exception here would be SG cotton core ciem or others waiting for stock, please just email me for status on these
if you have not received an email update.
Email reply right now should always be within 24 hours, if it goes past this please email
me again using contact form on the site if possible.  It is always my goal to reply same day.

Thank you to everyone that have stood by me while waiting, and to everyone for the support as always,
I cannot tell you how much it is appreciated.  Thank you guys. 

Apr 12, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #2,758 of 6,459
From discussion with Trevor, the difference between the Silver Draug and the Silvergarde S2 is that the Silvergarde is more punchy and tighter whereas the Silver Draug has a wider soundstage and more airy. That is what lead me to decide on the Silver Draug as sound stage and airiness are the areas needed them most for the Utopia. The Draug did not disappoint at all, in fact I was wow by the noticeable difference immediately. I will assume it will match well with your LCD 2 but for the HD800 I will probably go with the Silvergarde S2.

Ive had simlar feedback from trevor myself.

The aikvergarde s has a nice punch that i really like.
And if the s2 is smoither up top then thats great.

But the idea of the silver draug being more transparent is enticing. but the bass punch of the silvergarde........

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #2,759 of 6,459
Trevor,
I wanted to give you some big kudos on the cables you've made for me. They are from such quality that they truly enhance my listening experience. I get many people asking about them when I go out. Never hesitate to tell them about your craftsmanship. I find myself staring at them, just captivating. I really do feel they bring out subtle nuances in my music that I would not have noticed without them.

Just wanted to say thank you on this Good Friday. You are truly one of the good ones in this industry.

Rich

Apr 16, 2017 at 1:42 AM Post #2,760 of 6,459
Trevor,
I wanted to give you some big kudos on the cables you've made for me. They are from such quality that they truly enhance my listening experience. I get many people asking about them when I go out. Never hesitate to tell them about your craftsmanship. I find myself staring at them, just captivating. I really do feel they bring out subtle nuances in my music that I would not have noticed without them.

Just wanted to say thank you on this Good Friday. You are truly one of the good ones in this industry.

Rich
Trevor rocks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back