Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Feb 18, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #2,641 of 6,497
  Trevor, I sent you a message through your website about 10 days ago. I haven't received a reply from you. I am hoping to get a top-end cable for my Utopia. Many thanks.

It was merely another case of email lost in cyberspace! Trevor got in touch with me quickly and we discussed various options for the cable I am interested in. Trevor has been very thorough and patient in answering all my questions.I decided in the end to order Trevor's flagship cable for my Focal Utopia. It is a 8 wire version of the Silvergarde S, and I really look forward to trying it out. I am sure it will sound brilliant.

Feb 18, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #2,643 of 6,497
I wonder which is better for Utopia, silver or copper?

I figured Draug 2C would be best if copper, but if silver, what's the difference between silvergarde and draug silver?

Maybe Trevor can chime in, I'm leaning towards eventually getting a Silver Draug for Utopia and compare it directly to Draug 2C so I can settle for myself the silver vs copper differences.

Feb 18, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #2,644 of 6,497
I have just ordered a Silver Draug for my Utopia.  Dang that Trevor, sent me pictures for the Silver Draug it is sooo beautiful and irresistible.  Trevor, if there is any sales resulting from this post, please remember my order goes first. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #2,645 of 6,497
I wonder which is better for Utopia, silver or copper?

I figured Draug 2C would be best if copper, but if silver, what's the difference between silvergarde and draug silver?

Maybe Trevor can chime in, I'm leaning towards eventually getting a Silver Draug for Utopia and compare it directly to Draug 2C so I can settle for myself the silver vs copper differences.

Personally, I am a silver person.  The only time I use quality copper is for taming the brightness of a phone which I did on my HD800.  To me I do not think the Utopia needs that kind of a treatment and I want all the details and clean sound from the Utopia, so Silver Draug it is.

I also ordered a Silvergarde S Clear for my Vega.  Can't wait.

I also agree that the Therium 8 cores is great matching for the Andromeda. Clean smooth sound without the brightness.

Feb 18, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #2,646 of 6,497
I have just ordered a Silver Draug for my Utopia.  Dang that Trevor, sent me pictures for the Silver Draug it is sooo beautiful and irresistible.  Trevor, if there is any sales resulting from this post, please remember my order goes first. :D

can you share how much it costs?

Feb 18, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #2,648 of 6,497
can you share how much it costs?

Well it varies and depends on how long, the type of termination, 4 or eight cores etc.  Best send an email to Trevor to get a quote base on your need but I have high hopes for this cable.

Furthermore, according to Trevor, the difference between the Silver Draug and the Silvergarde S is that the Silver Draug has a slightly better sound stage and smoother high whereas the Silvergarde has a slightly better bass punch.  I thought for the Utopia, it has good enough dynamics and I want more sound stage and smoother treble. Keeping my finger cross.  I hope it will beat out the Kimber Axios silver cable which costs four to five times as much.

Feb 20, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #2,650 of 6,497
Oh man, these photos of the newer Norne offerings are making me drool! Very attractive-- and I'm sure they sound just as good as they look.

Anyways, I was playing around with cable configurations on the Norne website and noticed under the Draug v2 the option for clear cabling showing copper strands is no longer listed. Has Trevor commented on why clear cables aren't available anymore for the Draug v2? Is it a "special order" thing now?

Apologies if this question has already been asked/answered!

Feb 20, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #2,651 of 6,497
Put an order in myself a month ago. Still waiting. No reply to emails either. I assume he is a busy guy?

Edit: Read back farther through the thread. Stupid question on my part. Looks like Trevor is indeed quite busy. I'll hang in there. =)

Feb 20, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #2,652 of 6,497
Put an order in myself a month ago. Still waiting. No reply to emails either. I assume he is a busy guy?

Edit: Read back farther through the thread. Stupid question on my part. Looks like Trevor is indeed quite busy. I'll hang in there. =)

Hang in there man! With Trevor's cables you'll have a nice surprise with the Eikon/Atticus you just got (assuming you got your cable for the ZMF dynamic duo) :wink:
I have a Norne balanced cable but still waiting for my Padauk Eikon :D

Feb 20, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #2,653 of 6,497
Hang in there man! With Trevor's cables you'll have a nice surprise with the Eikon/Atticus you just got :wink:
I have a Norne balanced cable but still waiting for my Padauk Eikon :D

You'll love it!

Also, small update: within an hour of posting, Trevor had an email to me with the info I needed. Good stuff.

Feb 23, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #2,654 of 6,497
Anyone talk to Trevor recently?  I have message him for the last couple days without any response.  Perhaps he's on vacation.

Feb 23, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #2,655 of 6,497

Some delays the past few days on PM and email reply.  I ended up taking a couple of days off to "de-stress" from working 17-18+ hours for a straight month (as ordered by my significant other). 
Sometimes the body and mind needs a break from that kind of pace. 
I will check now for your message Khoi.

Thanks to all for your patience in delay in reply from my two days off, if anyone was sent a tracking and it still shows
label created it will either update today or you will be sent a new tracking number if not. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back