Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
May 10, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #2,041 of 6,459
Ordered a Silvergarde cable on Black Friday 2015 - got it today. Almost 6 months...

Have several of Trevor's cables. Vorpal, Draugh, Theruim. All great - but to wait this long... You have to thinks seriously about it before pulling the trigger.

I own a whole lot of Norne cables and the wait varies. But I do know for fact that the Black Friday special was a huge mistake as it cause an uncontrollable wave over overflowing/snowballing of orders and confusion. He has been working his ass off from 16-20 hours a day since then to catch up. Unfortunately some orders fell through the cracks and mistakes happened. As he is only human. As some may think he is a robot and has help doing the production. The truth is, he does 95% of it himself. He has one guy that braids draug cables... That's it.
It seems Trevor is just getting close to catching up since the Black Friday disaster. I would put money on it that that will be the last Black Friday special ever... Seriously. :) so on the bright side, at least you got a killer discount.
I have a few things I'm waiting on, and I've even waited similar time frames for some items, but mostly due to "human error" and I'm pretty understanding and reasonable. I know that patience and positive communication with Trevor has always paid off and he has always taken care of me and delivered a top grade product! I wouldn't think twice about continuing to order cables from him in the future.

Btw!?? What do you think of your new silvergarde S cable?! I have one for my edition X and must say it truly is an amazingly good cable that synergizes well with the HEX.
My Draug2 and HD800 also are a match made in heaven. Along with about a half dozen adapters, and several other headphone cables I have and had over the years. Norne continues to impress me. I was that guy who didn't believe in cables.... Then Trevor came along and quickly made me a believer!

May 10, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #2,042 of 6,459
Not saying I will not order from him again. Just others beware need to make an informed decision about where to buy from all things considered.

Thing is - that after waiting that long the cable it arrived terminated incorrectly, so not sure what to do about that. Have mailed Trevor about it.

So I cannot really say about the cable sound as
1. It is brand new and silver takes a long while to settle/ burn in
2. It is currently terminated for Ether C so "bright" cable on bright cans - synergy certainly is not great at the moment.

May 10, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #2,043 of 6,459

Doc

PM Sent,  Not sure how this happened, unless perhaps it was
a change from original order spec. later on and the update to the order somehow got missed, etc. 

Regardless it will be taken care of asap.

May 10, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #2,044 of 6,459
As far as waits go, the goal is to have a max wait for most series of 6 weeks in June ( exception being longer wait D2 if any of them remain).
I am very confident this will be kept to by that time (if in june you have an order that has gone longer than this email me asap). 
The goal is to make the longer waits a thing of the past of course, and that is always being worked on
as it is the primary goal with so much increase in demand.  When you experience growing pains you have to find ways to compensate
and that is what was being worked on. 

Draug 2 by that point will likely be pulled from availability as well to make sure things stay quicker, a bit sad, but is what it is.  It may come back in a year if I figure out
how to achieve desired speeds with it in place (two people helping with Draug 2 because of its labor just isn't really feasible). 
Definitely D2 have had their own waiting line, and a very long wait because of the labor/demand.

May 10, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #2,045 of 6,459

Email was found and replied to, assigned tracking was sent on your replacement package, and they are being given a free upgrade.
Further, a compensation refund was sent on your order for the hassle/error (missing your change from originally ordered spec. Ether to a new desired termination type later on). 

May 10, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #2,046 of 6,459
Ordered a Silvergarde cable on Black Friday 2015 - got it today. Almost 6 months...

Have several of Trevor's cables. Vorpal, Draugh, Theruim. All great - but to wait this long... You have to thinks seriously about it before pulling the trigger.

Thanks for the information! I will go with different route for next purchase although I know norne quality already with my 8c cable/rca interconnect... They are simply brilliant, first time I've ever noticed a difference with cable

May 10, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #2,048 of 6,459
Got united with my Therium cable at long last :)  They had a bit of an adventure before their arrival. 

The flat braiding is everything I had wished. So damn beautiful. 

I admit it wasn't wise of me to request going flat for L + R after the split haha, lesson learned for next order, will opt for round Milloit braiding for 4 conductor situations. I still believe flat is fabulous for 8 and 6 (what's nice with 6 is that the L + R parts are also beautiful with 3 flat braids)^^ 

The Eidolic  2.5mm TRRS spacious barrel is the best thing made for the Onkyo DP-X1. No movement, perfectly flush. And doesn't unplug itself with minor movements. It also matches the black and red color scheme of my Dignis case 0:)

I may try to find an alternative to the 2pin Eidolic barrels though. The barrel on the right side isn't sitting flush to the connector, it even slide down today while trying to remove the cables from my ciem.
An L shaped overmould would put my mind at ease.

I deeply appreciate its low microphonic quality, I plan to do lots of walking with it :p

I need a lot more time before I say anything about sound. I wanted this cable to try balanced output out of my DP-X1, and have a visually beautifully braided cable.

Got the Noble stock cable (4cond spc) and an Effect Audio Ares (4cond occ copper) to play with

Many many thanks to you Trevor for the time and effort. Kudos to you!

May 10, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #2,049 of 6,459

Cagin,  I can get a replacement sent for you with silver barrels instead, you will not have an issue with the replacement.
I will email you the details.  Also a new barrel / connector is coming that has a locking mechanism as well.

May 12, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #2,050 of 6,459
Trevor has been very prompt to get my issues resolved - I am even discussing some new additions to the Norne cable family... The price / performance / options offered ratio is by far the best I have come across in HP cables.

The Therium on Earsonics SEM9 running from Chord Mojo gives my $20k main HP rig a run for its money. Not bright but transparent and musical.

I have all my cables terminated 2.5mm Balanced and then use Norne hyper short adaptors to 4 pin / 6.5 / 3.5 depending on amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back