Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
May 3, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #2,026 of 6,464
Just want to give credit to Trevor. I bought the Draug 2 cable and have been using it for some time now with my HD650. I really like how it looks, you can see there's been put alot of work into it. Feels solid as well. On top of that his treatment of me as a customer was excellent during the proces and I can only recommend his service to others. My next cable purchase will be from him again that's for sure. Thumbs up from me.

May 3, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #2,027 of 6,464
Has anyone ever compare the difference between the 4, 6, and 8 braids Therium Silver Litz? If so, what is the difference and why? Why is 8 braids better than 6 which is then better than 4, assuming that is true solely due to the costs?

May 3, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #2,029 of 6,464
Yes I get than from the price of each version but why is it better technically given every thing is equal? And if we the same reasoning shouldn't we go for the 10 or 12 braids versions?

May 4, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #2,030 of 6,464
Yes I get than from the price of each version but why is it better technically given every thing is equal? And if we the same reasoning shouldn't we go for the 10 or 12 braids versions?

More conductive material relates directly to less signal restriction. I have yet to compare my 8 wire to my previous 4 wire silver litz from another vendor. I think that the main question would be "if" our ears are capable of detecting the differences from 4 to 6 to 8 wire? That would be a completely personal decision, based on what steps you're willing to take to make sure you're not missing anything.

May 5, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #2,031 of 6,464
Glad to hear everyone has had excellent success with Trevor! I'll admit I was getting worried. I ordered the Draug V2 in December and still haven't received it yet.

Hoping to be admiring my new cable very soon! 
smily_headphones1.gif

----
Foobar2000 => Schiit Wyrd => Schiit Gungnir Multibit => Schiit Mjolnir 2 => Matched 1975 HG Reflektor Silver SWGP => HE-1000

May 5, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #2,032 of 6,464
  Glad to hear everyone has had excellent success with Trevor! I'll admit I was getting worried. I ordered the Draug V2 in December and still haven't received it yet.

Hoping to be admiring my new cable very soon! 
smily_headphones1.gif

----
Foobar2000 => Schiit Wyrd => Schiit Gungnir Multibit => Schiit Mjolnir 2 => Matched 1975 HG Reflektor Silver SWGP => HE-1000

Just send an email to ask Trevor about your order, you should be able to get an reply today or tomorrow.

May 7, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #2,035 of 6,464
What's the current lead time for Draug 2 cable like?  I already have one for my Noble but need another one for my headphone.  Is it going to be more than a month?

May 7, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #2,036 of 6,464
May 7, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #2,037 of 6,464
What's the current lead time for Draug 2 cable like?  I already have one for my Noble but need another one for my headphone.  Is it going to be more than a month?

It is Trevor's most time and labor intensive set-up. I would say minimum 8-10 weeks. Perfection cannot be rushed.

May 8, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #2,039 of 6,464
I know it must be frustrating for those who have waited weeks to get their Norne cable... but, it's worth the wait! I have been buying and using Trevor Goldman's cables almost since he started making headphone cables... and not one has ever been less than expected. Trevor is a perfectionist in cable building. I don't go by looks, maybe as some of you, but I go by what I can hear. But, in either looks or quality of sound, it's there... spot on! And, I don't think you can beat the price for the same quality.

May 10, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #2,040 of 6,464
Ordered a Silvergarde cable on Black Friday 2015 - got it today. Almost 6 months...

Have several of Trevor's cables. Vorpal, Draugh, Theruim. All great - but to wait this long... You have to thinks seriously about it before pulling the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back