Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Mar 4, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #1,352 of 6,460
LCD-X and Norne Arcane. 

Still burning in; the tone is really rich and thick; the soundstage though... WOW. I always thought that cables were just to change the tone. If I'm not mistaken, the soundstage on some songs have now exceeded that of my T1. Before the cable upgrade, it was able to sometimes match it. 

Oh and details. Unbelievable amounts of new details. I know it's cliched but songs literally sound completely different. Pretty impressive for a cable upgrade. 

Mar 4, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #1,353 of 6,460
I am having a pair of Solv made for my z7.. Terminating in balanced 4pin XLR. Does anyone know if there's any adapter out there that can enable to use the same cable to plug into a hifi hm901 balanced mode? So it would be one a headphone side adapter of female 4pin XLR and device side 3.5mm TRRS. Thank you

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mar 4, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #1,354 of 6,460
I am really considering picking up a Norne cable for my Fostex TH600's. I am considering the Vanquish, Draug v2, or Solv X, but I just don't know which one will have the absolute best performance. I've been stuck on this for quite some time, does anyone here have any suggestions? Thanks!

Mar 4, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #1,355 of 6,460
I am really considering picking up a Norne cable for my Fostex TH600's. I am considering the Vanquish, Draug v2, or Solv X, but I just don't know which one will have the absolute best performance. I've been stuck on this for quite some time, does anyone here have any suggestions? Thanks!

Ask Trevor, he will know which cable works best with TH600's. I am very impressed with my Vanquish cables, both in quality and refinement of the sound signature. The next cable I get will be a Solv x, but not for a while.

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #1,356 of 6,460
Ask Trevor, he will know which cable works best with TH600's. I am very impressed with my Vanquish cables, both in quality and refinement of the sound signature. The next cable I get will be a Solv x, but not for a while.

I feel like the Vanquish should be mandatory for the Alpha Dogs/Prime series. I know Dan tours the AD and AP with balanced Vanquish cables

Mar 5, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #1,357 of 6,460

I am really interested in the Solv X too, it is a shame that there are no adapters available for it yet though... I would really like to get a balanced cable with an SE adapter. Does anyone know if Trevor has adapters for the Solv X in the works or not? 
wink.gif

Mar 5, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #1,358 of 6,460
  I am really interested in the Solv X too, it is a shame that there are no adapters available for it yet though... I would really like to get a balanced cable with an SE adapter. Does anyone know if Trevor has adapters for the Solv X in the works or not? 
wink.gif

Trevor can make whatever adapter you want for Solv X. Mine are in the mail.

Mar 5, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #1,359 of 6,460

Trevor can make whatever adapter you want for Solv X. Mine are in the mail.

Ah I see, so it just is not on the website yet? I know that adapters for all of the other series of cables before Solv X are available through the website.

Mar 5, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #1,360 of 6,460
Finally!  It arrived!  New Solv X cables for my LCD-X's! 
beyersmile.png
  Thanks Trevor!  The build and quality is superb!  

Mar 5, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #1,361 of 6,460
Very nice, great color combination. You're going to love the way they sound...

Mar 5, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #1,362 of 6,460
Mar 5, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #1,363 of 6,460
Looks like a awesome cable sir.

Mar 6, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #1,364 of 6,460
I have the Draug v2 for my LCD-2s, and the difference between the stock cable and the Norne is staggering.  More of everything comes through: depth of tone, soundstage, bass, treble quality (although the LCD-2 is slightly limited in this area), and the integration of all characteristics.  I couldn't be happier with this cable...absolutely outstanding!

Mar 6, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #1,365 of 6,460
So I've pulled the trigger on a Draug2 for my HD800. Now the wait.

How heavy is this cable? I'm currently using a Q Audio LCD-2 cable with earring adapters for the HD800. My main motivation for looking into another cable was the added weight of the mini xlrs dangling from my HD800. Although the "earrings" are light, there is just that slight extra pull and a tiny bit of up/down wiggle compared to the stock cable which sits flush in the inputs.

I'm cable agnostic but I've always been a fan of Steve's Q and the smooth sound I get from it. Keen to hear how the Draug2 compares and if it's worthy of all the hype when paired with the HD800.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back