Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Feb 3, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #1,216 of 6,459
  I'm still waiting on an update on my Solv X cables.  Says "pending" on status.  It's only been 3 days but still.  
triportsad.gif

Your status will update today Xoen. 

For those waiting for emails / status still, I just got back from being out of office due to a short and necessary trip
to the east coast (weather out there did not help things). 

to:  IAMBLEST
I believe I found your email and replied, if not please send another email to bump in the inbox.

Thanks to all for hanging in there on the wait for their tracking numbers (which you will receive in email once shipped),
and I hope the various forms of compensation for the bit longer wait helps out. 

Plenty of cables going out tomorrow, and every day this week.
So odds are if you have been waiting a bit longer your cable is near on deck to ship.

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #1,217 of 6,459
^^ Good News! I'm sure we'll be in for a flood of pictures and comments as people get their new cables.  Looking forward to getting mine in and everyone's impressions/pictures!

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #1,218 of 6,459

For those waiting for emails / status still, I just got back from being out of office due to a short and necessary trip

I believe I found your email and replied, if not please send another email to bump in the inbox.

Thanks to all for hanging in there on the wait for their tracking numbers (which you will receive in email once shipped),

So odds are if you have been waiting a bit longer your cable is near on deck to ship.

That's good news! Thanks for the update. :)

Feb 3, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #1,219 of 6,459

Thanks for the update, it is appreciated.

Feb 4, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #1,220 of 6,459

Hi ! Any chance of shipping order 1303 soon too ?
Thanks ^_^

Edit : got your answer, kudos to Norne !

Feb 5, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #1,221 of 6,459

My UERM & Earwerkz Legend-R rocking the Vorpal cable.  Absolutely awesome cables.. from build, aesthetics, ergonomics, and sound.  I've had them for almost a month.  I've found both these custom IEMs to be very sensitive to cables, acoustically speaking.  I noticed a distinct change in sound after a month of use on both cables (the IEMs themselves have had quite a bit of use before the cables arrived, btw).  The Vorpal cables sounded quite bright, yet mellow when they arrived.. and for much of the last month.  In the last few days, I've noticed the sound has distinguishably fleshed & balanced out.  Blacker background, smoother, more explosive dynamics, improved clarity, more accurate imaging, and better bandwidth are some of the things I've noticed.  Not night and day, of course.. but very very noticeable (to my ears).  It's the accumulated improvement of these subtle qualities that reveal the impact of these cables.  Overall, I sense better focus vs the stock cables on both phones.. which is saying something since the stock cables on these IEMs are excellent!

Thanks Trevor!

Feb 5, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #1,222 of 6,459
I'm still thinking of using the solv with ciem
Anyone having the solv can tell whether the ergonomic of this cable is good or not? Is it some kind of home cable like the draug? (though someone just modified his draug2 for his ciem :wink:

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #1,223 of 6,459
I'm still thinking of using the solv with ciem
Anyone having the solv can tell whether the ergonomic of this cable is good or not? Is it some kind of home cable like the draug? (though someone just modified his draug2 for his ciem
wink.gif

The Solv X, IMO, would be a great cable with Ciem's.  It is very ergonomic, with a small diameter as depicted in the picture on the Norne Website.  Probably the best cable I have ever experienced.  Draug2 not so good for your application.  I have several DHC cables, and I find the Solv X sound unbeatable!

http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/Norne-Solv-Silver-OCC-Litz-multi-core-type-4-6-x-copper-semi-conductive-core-refined-detail-transparency-Audeze-Hifiman-Oppo-pm-1-Sony-MDR-z7-Sennheiser-hd800-lcd-xc-2-3-fazor-3f

Feb 7, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #1,225 of 6,459
I've tried contacting the good folks at Norne Audio website but so far have received no reply. I have a single ended 8-wire Litz OOC (original version, Norse cable) for my Audeze LCD 2 and am curious if I can send it in and have it changed to a 4-pin XLR termination, since I have a balanced set up now? Do you still honor labor for Norse Audio products?

Feel free to PM me here!

Thanks

Feb 7, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #1,226 of 6,459

PM sent.
Have checked the inbox and cannot find an email in regards to termination of an older cable, but its no problem to do for you.

**note** all other email inquiries will be answered this afternoon-early evening pst. 

Feb 7, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #1,227 of 6,459
^^^ PM received, thank you!

Feb 8, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #1,228 of 6,459
Guys, I'm interested in buying one of their headphone cables for my Shure SRH1840.
Do you they offer dual 3.5mm balanced end for Sony's PHA-3?
Also, do they make their cables with switchable end (3.5mm, 1/4", 3.5mm dual balanced, xlr balanced) ?

Moon Audio guys offer switchable end system but they're too expansive.

Feb 8, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #1,229 of 6,459
  Guys, I'm interested in buying one of their headphone cables for my Shure SRH1840.
Do you they offer dual 3.5mm balanced end for Sony's PHA-3?
Also, do they make their cables with switchable end (3.5mm, 1/4", 3.5mm dual balanced, xlr balanced) ?

Moon Audio guys offer switchable end system but they're too expansive.

Switchable ends are not recommended are they? I thought the whole point was that you wanted something terminated properly...

Feb 8, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #1,230 of 6,459

Switchable ends are not recommended are they? I thought the whole point was that you wanted something terminated properly...

Yes...

but look at Moon Audio guys. They have made a switchable end system that works just fine.
I'm looking for something similar. I like Moon Audio's cable but they're too expansive. If you want a cable and switchable system with various ends, you'll end up paying more money for cables (more than $600) than the actual price of your headphone.
I will not going to buy from them. So, I'm looking for other manufacturers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back