Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Feb 8, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #1,234 of 6,459
Norne has a complete interchangeable tail system for full size.

Yes I ordered a Vanquish cable for my Alpha Prime's, with the Norne interchangeable tail. I will post pics when the cables are done.

Feb 10, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #1,235 of 6,459
I was wondering what would be the best cable to use with the LCD-X? It seems that the Draug was recommended but I would like to find out why.

What I'm looking for is to tame the highs so it's smoother and not as harsh as the stock cable without losing the details. I Would also like to hear a fuller and more natural sound with extra details that the stock cable doesn't provide.

I'm currently using a hybrid 16 conductor copper and silver cable together with a chord Hugo and while it provides the body and details, the highs is a bit too bright for my taste for relax listening sessions.

Any recommendations please?

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #1,237 of 6,459
I was wondering what would be the best cable to use with the LCD-X? It seems that the Draug was recommended but I would like to find out why.

What I'm looking for is to tame the highs so it's smoother and not as harsh as the stock cable without losing the details. I Would also like to hear a fuller and more natural sound with extra details that the stock cable doesn't provide.

I'm currently using a hybrid 16 conductor copper and silver cable together with a chord Hugo and while it provides the body and details, the highs is a bit too bright for my taste for relax listening sessions.

Any recommendations please?

Hi, I'm using the Draug 2 for my XC. What i noticed first thing when i put it on is the sound stage becomes much wider. And second of all, the mid become sweeter and smoother in my opinion. The bass is significantly improved, but i have to warn you that the bass is a little bit too much (for my taste as i'm not a bass head). And the result is that the treble is drowned because of the low. If you need a wider and more focus on the low + mid, i recommend the draug. If you need a bright and sparkling sound, maybe this is not for you. I have not heard the LCD X but this cable fit my XC very well. Hope this help.

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #1,238 of 6,459
Starting to lose patience.... put in an order on 12/31. Still hasn't shipped.

Had to email in to find out it was running behind but was given the estimate of 02/05-02/07 which has come and went with not notification.

I'm not even so bothered by the delay but by the lack of communication.

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #1,240 of 6,459
I just got my Vanquish cable and it's gorgeous!! I'll post pictures and impressions once I've had a chance to break it in.  So far, so great.  I have to say that even the service may be slower that we'd like, Trevor's commitment to service is impeccable.  Remember that this is a handmade product, not just some cheap mass produced cable.  Have you ever ordered custom furniture? Well, it's worth the wait!! First world problems :)
/endrant
Thanks again Trevor for a great product and superb service! Worth the wait!!

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #1,241 of 6,459
Trevor, received my cable today. It is gorgeous!! Thanks.

Please check your PM also.

A very nice cable, Trevor is a master craftsman and your cable reeks of quality. High quality, hand crafted cables take time to make, thus not surprised my own order has not shipped out. However Trevor has sent me a Pm and I am confident he will get them shipped as soon as humanely possible. And I placed my order on 12/27 and good things come to those who wait. Before my accident I use to assist such craftsman as weapon makers, gold smiths and glass blowers, and such things take time to make. If I was ordering a factory made good, I would be livid, if I had to wait so long, but Trevor was upfront and said he was slammed and would take longer than planned.
Andrew Reddog Jones

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #1,242 of 6,459
Absolutely stunning looking cable.  I definitely can't wait to get mines.  I've ordered Solv X's for my Audeze LCD-X.  Oh, the anticipation!  lol 
beyersmile.png

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #1,243 of 6,459
Trevor sent me a email letting me know my Vanquish cable has shipped:). Trevor is awesome to deal with and I will send pics when it arrives.

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #1,244 of 6,459
You'll absolutely love it! Got mine this week :)
Quote:
Trevor sent me a email letting me know my Vanquish cable has shipped:). Trevor is awesome to deal with and I will send pics when it arrives.

Feb 13, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #1,245 of 6,459

That's good to know!  Still waiting for mines but I know cable making takes time.  
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back